7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    Can anyone post the pictures or an imgur link to the new leak? I sadly can't access 4chan at work to join in on this.
    https://i.imgur.com/V9M5o35.png
    attached image

https://i.imgur.com/ocTRcJM.png
    text

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    STVPirateLand reminded me a lot of how Plunder Island was in BFA's alpha as well (along with Nazjatar, Mechagnomes, etc), does that filename ring a bell?
    Not exactly, but my memory is pretty shit. I also just noticed Stormwind Prison which was to be the other instance in Stormwind: "Stormwind Vault" but was scrapped at one point.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I like to think I know quite a bit about the game and that doesn't look fake. Doesn't mean it is real, but I can't easily prove it as fake. DragonIslesD being mentioned is a bit of an eyebrow raiser as that refers to a blockout model from very early on in 0.x WoW alpha/beta.
    Cool, don't you think not blacking out their name kinda lessens the credibility? I mean if blizz wanted they could find out who that was in an instant, unless it was a pic posted in a meeting and some employee just snapped a pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rae888 View Post
    An azerite themed healing spec seems very unlikely. I doubt azerite is going to continue to be a thing past BfA, plus we all just got inundated with azerite themed abilities this patch, so it wouldn't be anything new or intriguing.
    New, no, but it would be very cost-efficient and business minded to reuse all the fancy Azerite effects that will become otherwise irrelevant after BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    BTW do any of you remember the Veil of Shadows leak back in 2017? I genuinely thought it was real. I neither have this feeling with Shadowlands nor any other leak maybe besides this new one with the screenshot. Shadowlands sounds even for Blizzard too featureless and too much bs.
    Not to mention that it tries to sell us on Shadowlands being an area. And let us be honest here. If Emerald Dream was not a zone despite it canonically being a realm where almost anything is possible, and otherwise basically just being azeroth without any settlements, it seems a bit odd that Blizz would make Shadowlands a zone, which has close to 0 buildup in lore, and has even more or a problem with being same-y.

Quote Originally Posted by 13last View Post
    Cool, don't you think not blacking out their name kinda lessens the credibility? I mean if blizz wanted they could find out who that was in an instant, unless it was a pic posted in a meeting and some employee just snapped a pic.
    If that is from an actual test server opposed to some local install/sandbox then yeah that could very easily get someone fired/in more trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Not exactly, but my memory is pretty shit. I also just noticed Stormwind Prison which was to be the other instance in Stormwind: "Stormwind Vault" but was scrapped at one point.
    I assumed SW Prison was just a renamed Stockades or a filename version. If Vault would ever pop up again it would be in Siege of Stormwind I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Thanks much!

An azerite themed healing spec seems very unlikely. I doubt azerite is going to continue to be a thing past BfA, plus we all just got inundated with azerite themed abilities this patch, so it wouldn't be anything new or intriguing.
    I personally hate the azerite aesthetic. I hope some spec isnt unfortunate to be stuck with that for their spells.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    which has close to 0 buildup in lore, .
    and has even more or a problem with being same-y
    The ED wasn't used because it would literally be green with nightmare splashed here and there.

The shadowlands however have literally no concept at all (and the little bit that we have is pretty much all over the place), they can do whatever they want as nothing is established as you just said.
    Therefore the "same-y" argument can't apply.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2019-07-31 at 08:21 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Shadowlands a zone, which has close to 0 buildup in lore
    This isn't exactly true, BFA has a shit ton of buildup to the Shadowlands. Bolvar, Bwonsamdi, Calia, Taelia, Sylvanas, Drustvar, Nazmir, Night Elf Dark Rangers, Helya and the Helarjar from Legion. We are clearly moving forward to something involving Death.

and has even more or a problem with being same-y.
    This is an actual problem, as most depictions of Shadowlands so far have been color-swapped Azeroth 1:1, including the Blighted Lands in Thros. Hence why it would make more sense to be a big patch like Argus.

7+ Year Old Account
    Even though I love this "leak", this is my problem with it too.

It's much easier to use the pre-existing essence skill icons as believable placeholders in your fake and say that there is an azerite-themed healing spec, when that likely wouldn't be true with an actual mechanic/tinker class.

Although I suppose DH seems a bit pointless after we defeated the Legion too.

Quote Originally Posted by johny download View Post
    It's much easier to use the pre-existing essence skill icons as believable placeholders in your fake and say that there is an azerite-themed healing spec, when that likely wouldn't be true with an actual mechanic/tinker class.
    I don't think there is a big disconnect. Engineers using Azerite (the GMOD comes to mind) is absolutely a thing and it makes much more sense than any other healing idea for Engineers/Tinkers, which are usually just "lol heal beam made out of ???".

Hope its fake.
    "Mechanic" looks like the most obvious choice of chicken bombs, Mechsuits and soon unused spell assets.
    Also i strongly dislike the idea to revamp the old world and give us a new landmass at the same time.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think there is a big disconnect. Engineers using Azerite (the GMOD comes to mind) is absolutely a thing and it makes much more sense than any other healing idea for Engineers/Tinkers, which are usually just "lol heal beam made out of ???".
    Right, I'm just looking at this through the lens of someone wanting to make as believable a fake as possible. :')

Yeah, and those spell animations going to waste seems like a big oof. Tinkers/Engineers have been a really big part of BFA, on both factions. I can 100% see this being a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by johny download View Post
    Right, I'm just looking at this through the lens of someone wanting to make as believable a fake as possible. :')
    Oh yeah, it's very much an easy thing to use to leak. It's just also conveniently some lazy ass shit that Blizzard would 100% do.

What's the blue icon in the bottom right on the menu bar? Is that new?

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryia View Post
    Although I suppose DH seems a bit pointless after we defeated the Legion too.
    Yeah, but DH came out before we fought the Legion. When they introduce a new class it's always been themed around the expansion it's released in, not the previous one.