Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    "Reborn" in 9.0.. and outdated again one patch later. Meantime we will end up with less content for max level like during Cata.
    Look at Mr Chipper over here.

They literally started the revamp by also utilizing the revamped zones for max level content. Thinking they didn't learn their lesson and can't produce better this time around with a much bigger team (which they're hiring for to boot) is just sickly negative.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    The world revamp is so close, I can almost taste it...
    I want to hope that it'll happen in 9.0, but it wouldn't surprise me if it took yet another expansion for it to fully arrive... Which would break this lil' rodent heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I want to hope that it'll happen in 9.0, but it wouldn't surprise me if it took yet another expansion for it to fully arrive... Which would break this lil' rodent heart.
    If I'm being honest, 10.0 is more likely. It would give them extra time to do it nicely and to fuck up Azeroth if they wanted to during 9.0, it could even bring a timeskip, aaaaaand 10.0 has a nice ring to it, it's a neat number and it's kind of a new beginning.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The world revamp is so close, I can almost taste it...
    I want to believe brothar.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post

They produced Battle for Azeroth with their bigger team and their "learnt lessons". Lmfao.
    You might be incapable of doing so, they clearly are not.
    Case in point: Only spending resources on zones that'll be utilized for max level players.

But you keep doing you, it's not as if you literally spew the same bile about every single expansion yet keep paying and keep coming back or anything...

- - - Updated - - -

If I'm being honest, 10.0 is more likely. It would give them extra time to do it nicely and to fuck up Azeroth if they wanted to during 9.0, it could even bring a timeskip, aaaaaand 10.0 has a nice ring to it, it's a neat number and it's kind of a new beginning.
    Yeah, it would also give them a lot of time to hash out the potential level squish. There's also the matter of rumors floating about torn down or at least relaxed faction walls, so...

Then again, they could also go all out with 9.0 and let us know that Azeroth been wrecked, the expansion will be spent on Kalimdor/EK (and utilizing the existing zones rather than revamping and building all new ones scattered around).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rae888 View Post
    Cata happened before we had level scaling or world quests, and when their dev team was a lot smaller. Also they have been steadily updating a lot of their world-building art assets in Legion and BfA. I think they'd be able to avoid the content issues that happened with the last world revamp. My main question is whether a world revamp would include expansion zones like Northrend, Outland, etc.

Edit: also Silvermoon. I'm dying for a Silvermoon update.
    I doubt they'd focus on Northrend and Outland, tbf. More like, allowing us once and for all to completely bypass those areas in the leveling experience should we so choose, making them more a "Legacy" thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    The Classic AMA on reddit shows that they're gonna hype Classic till release. Get some extra water all my BFA peeps, I believe we'll be parched on BFA PTR info for the next week and a half or so.

Would be happy to be wrong though.
    Meh, it's still just old news repackaged and rereleased. Once it's released, I'll allow my thirst some room!

Let's also not forget that nearly half of the playable races now have almost no representation in the world outside of 1 zone where they are introduced and maybe one flight point in BfA. And the ones that are represented have glaring issues (e.g. Kul Tiran settlements in classic zones having no actual Kul Tiran NPCs or architecture, dark irons mainly being antagonists).

There is so much story potential there, and they could reuse a ton of the allied race art assets without having it seem lazy since that stuff is so sparsely incorporated currently.

There is more pointing toward a revamp in 9.0 than 10.0. Why would they revamp old zones, take an expansion long break and THEN revamp the rest?

Warfronts are very very likely not happening next expansion so if they continued the drip feed of zone revamps, what would the purpose be?

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    There is more pointing toward a revamp in 9.0 than 10.0. Why would they revamp old zones, take an expansion long break and THEN revamp the rest?

Warfronts are very very likely not happening next expansion so if they continued the drip feed of zone revamps, what would the purpose be?
    They may be just slowly building up the art assets to do a full revamp while trying to repurpose it for max level content. That way they're not really detracting from endgame content trying to update the 1-60 experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    They may be just slowly building up the art assets to do a full revamp while trying to repurpose it for max level content. That way they're not really detracting from endgame content trying to update the 1-60 experience.
    Oh yeah, that's why I think they're doing it during BFA. I just don't think they'll do the same procedure of "random old world zone gets updated almost every patch" in 9.0 as well. World revamp should be happening next expansion unless there really is some way for them to do "Warfronts" once every patch while we explore Dragon Isles or Nyalotha or whatever.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Meh, it's still just old news repackaged and rereleased. Once it's released, I'll allow my thirst some room!
    I'm playing other games to keep myself quenched but I am honestly very curious about what's going on in 8.2.5 and the rest of BFA. Blizzcon for WoW at least should be very interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, that's why I think they're doing it during BFA. I just don't think they'll do the same procedure of "random old world zone gets updated almost every patch" in 9.0 as well. World revamp should be happening next expansion unless there really is some way for them to do "Warfronts" once every patch while we explore Dragon Isles or Nyalotha or whatever.
    World revamp isn't a guarantee yet because we don't know if Dragon Isles will be its own patch, its own x.3.x zone, etc etc. Same for Ny'alotha. People talk Argus would be its own expansion, but Blizzard relegated it to 1 tier. No clue if they will do the same this time around.

The ending to BFA is very vague because they started a lot of plot threads throughout this expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Argus could of been expansion worthy but that wasn't what they chose to do or wanted at the time. Who knows what will happen, I'll be shocked if its neither Ny'alotha or Dragon Isles.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    World revamp isn't a guarantee yet because we don't know if Dragon Isles will be its own patch, its own x.3.x zone, etc etc. Same for Ny'alotha. People talk Argus would be its own expansion, but Blizzard relegated it to 1 tier. No clue if they will do the same this time around.

The ending to BFA is very vague because they started a lot of plot threads throughout this expansion.
    Dragon Isles could be part of a World Revamp expansion, it would just be the new zone equivalent of putting Twilight Highlands/Uldum/etc out as their own set of islands (flying or not).

I think Nyalotha (and to a lesser extent Shadowlands) suffers from the same problem as Argus where it is too heavily themed to one thing and one thing alone without wiggle room to make it expansion-long. So either of those two will be the patch I think, Dragon Isles can carry an expansion.

I can't be the only one that would dread a Void only expansion for this reason.

Trading Legions over abundance of Fel green for Void purple?
    They'll do the same thing they did for Legion where the majority of it was magic elf and moose funtimes, with green stuff sprinkled throughout. Only the last two patches were fel barf. If every zone looked like Antoran Wastes than nobody would've played it.

I bet they'll do a Doctor Strange/Guardians of the Galaxy type space expansion, like TBC, instead of just Voidy Purple.
    Last edited by Nagawithlegs; 2019-08-15 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Starting to doubt that alot since its been like a month since it got up on ptr.
    It has been up since the fifth of august, that is 10 days...

too heavily themed to one thing and one thing alone without wiggle room to make it expansion-long.
    this mentality of not being able to handle a theme for more than five minutes is ruining this game.

sometimes you have an enemy, and sometimes there's a lot of that enemy. reducing the amount of that enemy, when makes 0 fucking sense, to appease some adhd zoomer, is one of the main reasons that they write as shittily as they do now days. they write and plan for this mindset, and it produces this capeshit level crap we've gotten since cataclysm.

it's all of this kind of crap that should be a case in point study of why gaming needed gatekeepers.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    this mentality of not being able to handle a theme for more than five minutes is ruining this game.

sometimes you have an enemy, and sometimes there's a lot of that enemy. reducing the amount of that enemy, when makes 0 fucking sense, to appease some adhd zoomer, is one of the main reasons that they write as shittily as they do now days. they write and plan for this mindset, and it produces this capeshit level crap we've gotten since cataclysm.

it's all of this kind of crap that should be a case in point study of what gaming needed gatekeepers.
    Except this literally has happened since the inception of World of Warcraft where each zone is a different color with a different theme and suite of enemies, and then in TBC which had a Mushroom zone/Ethereal zone/Demon zone/Fel Orc zone etc. Even Wrath had different themes for each zone to keep things interesting. The problem you have has been a part of WoW from the start.

Except this literally has happened since the inception of World of Warcraft where each zone is a different color with a different theme and suite of enemies, and then in TBC which had a Mushroom zone/Ethereal zone/Demon zone/Fel Orc zone etc. Even Wrath had different themes for each zone to keep things interesting. The problem you have has been a part of WoW from the start.
    draenor is a different world, it's expected there will be different biomes in a world.

but what wasn't all that different about a lot of these places? demons and orcs, for the most part. twilight cultists everywhere in cata.

"bloo bloo bloo, too many orc" was the bitching about wod(one zone of pointless birds that amounted to nothing), demons for legion(still full of memeshit like kobolds and other assorted crap), and now we're in another mop-level shitheap with random assorted crap in every single zone instead of a focused enemy with a coherent storyline for most of the expansion.

it's like taking wotlk and making it 30% scourge and 70% meme shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    They'll do the same thing they did for Legion where the majority of it was magic elf and moose funtimes, with green stuff sprinkled throughout. Only the last two patches were fel barf. If every zone looked like Antoran Wastes than nobody would've played it.

I bet they'll do a Doctor Strange/Guardians of the Galaxy type space expansion, like TBC, instead of just Voidy Purple.
    Guardians of the Galaxyesque is probably what Blizzard would go with. At least IMO
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

"Legion didn't have enough demons" isn't a complaint I think I've ever heard... until today?

Ahhh yes. It's the playerbases fault the writers suck. I should have known all along.

EnTiTlEd GaMeRs

Maybe the current crop at Blizzard are just fucking awful at their jobs? Ever thought of that?
    they're awful at their jobs, i've not said they aren't.

but the population allows for it. just look at pop culture, modern art, the movie industry. the vast majority of humanity are mindless, they lack any form of abstract thought required to appreciate anything beyond surface level. it's why all entertainment mediums are so shit today, the companies are full capitalists and will cater to the largest audience, which happens to be the mindless, soulless herds.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    they're awful at their jobs, i've not said they aren't.

but the population allows for it. just look at pop culture, modern art, the movie industry. the vast majority of humanity are mindless, they lack any form of abstract thought required to appreciate anything beyond surface level. it's why all entertainment mediums are so shit today, the companies are full capitalists and will cater to the largest audience, which happens to be the mindless, soulless herds.
    Ah yes, "old good, new bad".