10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Havent you heard? This is an old god expansion, N'zoth and Ny'alotha has been built up all expansion if oyu close your eyes and clap if you believe.
    There's always a slight chance all of our answers are completely wrong.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    We shall see, there has yet to be a cinematic similar to the 6.1 legendary quest cinematic where Garrosh was defeated by Gul'dan and the Iron-horde A-plot and the Legion subplot melded together in time for HFC.

The question is how Nyalotha appears. I really doubt it's another hole in the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Place your bets, N'yalotha or new -never been named before- zone. Don't think it will be Dragon Isles.
    I'm pretty sure that the Black Empire city we saw in Azshara Warbringers will be at least part of the final raid. If it's Ny'alotha or not, I don't know.

As for world areas, I still think we will go to Quel'thalas in last patch. There will be a battle between Death and Void for the Sunwell, and it will either be the first half of the raid, or the raid entrance.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the Black Empire city we saw in Azshara Warbringers will be at least part of the final raid. If it's Ny'alotha or not, I don't know.

As for world areas, I still think we will go to Quel'thalas in last patch. There will be a battle between Death and Void for the Sunwell, and it will either be the first half of the raid, or the raid entrance.
    I like this idea. I love Silvermoon.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post

Going down with that ship with that.. I mean.... visually speaking I wouldn't be opposed mostly.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    The question is how Nyalotha appears. I really doubt it's another hole in the ocean.
    We look up, and Ny'alotha is upside-down in the sky. It's literally the ENTIRE skybox.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    So what? We have 0 build up towards Nyalotha as a zone. Will we see it sooner or later? Absolutely. In 8.3? X to doubt.

By the way, we had Nyalotha references for several expansions now.
    I'm just going to quote this right here and now...

Just for "reference" (Meaning, if you're wrong, I'm going to bring this up as an "I told you so").

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    We look up, and Ny'alotha is upside-down in the sky. It's literally the ENTIRE skybox.
    ngl that would be pretty cool.

But it would've been cool if that happened as soon as azshara was defeated and n'zoth freed, ala 7.2 w/ argus

7+ Year Old Account
    We have no clue what N'zoth is about to do. We don't know where he is. We barely know what really happened after the Azshara fight. And then all of a sudden we fight him directly in his domain? Sure, sounds like a great plan to tackle the only completely freed Old God in his realm because the faction war didn't cost both factions armies... and who's going to help us, Magni and Mother with that cheap necklace on top?
    sounds a lot like blizzard lv of writing to me

like this clusterfuck of faction war.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what? We have 0 build up towards Nyalotha as a zone. Will we see it sooner or later? Absolutely. In 8.3? X to doubt.

By the way, we had Nyalotha references for several expansions now.
    Agreed. While Nyalotha would be fantastic to visit for questing/raiding, we right now know next to nothing about it aside from one line comments here and there. We don't know if Nyalotha is what the Old Gods refer to as the Black Empire, whether it's even accessible from this plane of existence, or what all would be found there. To take us to a place like that without even giving it a proper introduction in 8.2.5 (like how Argus was introduces at the end of Tomb of Sargeras) would just feel weird.

There are still plenty of places we could fight N'Zoth (if that is the 8.3 boss, as seems likely thus far) without bringing Nyalotha into it.

I will admit to some bias here. N'Zoth is smart and crafty, that's long been established. He is also almost certainly a bit weak while being imprisoned for so long and is no stranger to hiding when necessary. If we're fighting and killing him in 8.3 when he likely wouldn't have been able to build up a ton of strength yet, it somehow seems like something that would perhaps further his schemes rather than just be something we lucked into. To me, that's the real question of 8.3 if we fight N'Zoth... what does his death foretell, and is that also about when "her third death" occurs to usher them in?

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    Uhm, sure...like the unexplored landmasses on the backside of earth.
    As far as I remember the globes in Ulduar, there is no 'backside'.
    Ulduar has already been shown to be wrong
    Blizz once confronted said that the globes info is likely incomplete and corrupted

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    Very unlikely we'll see new zones if they announce 8.3 this week.

Like I've said before, the precedent is that they release one additional new zone per expansion these days. In BfA that was Nazjatar (and Mechagon, which was more of a Broken Shore-esque rehash designed for grind). Besides, releasing a new zone a mere 6-7 months before the next expansion is just silly, it would be so short-lived.

What we could see is: they release some kind of small- to medium-sized raid which is very scenario-based in the sense that it's mostly cutscenes and scripted dialogue with us running around watching cool stuff go down, and not a lot of actual boss fights. This could have us run to Thunder Bluff, Stormwind and other places and might culminate in an instanced location which is meant to represent Ny'alotha. For example, we could be fighting Xal'atath on some platform with a huge sweeping landscape in the background, depicting massive towers, obelisks, tentacles and so on. That way, Blizzard would give us a glimpse of reality if the Hour of Twilight should come to pass, without actually having to build Ny'alotha for BfA.

That could be when we realise: "oh sh-t, we need to go become stronger if we want to overcome this".

So in the next expansion we visit the Dragon Isles and become Dragonsworn, then we fight to protect a revamped Azeroth.
    I mean Legion added 3 new zones and a rehash. So technically we're one new zone short. Could be Nyalotha new, Silithus rehashed.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Like I've said before, the precedent is that they release one additional new zone per expansion these days. In BfA that was Nazjatar (and Mechagon, which was more of a Broken Shore-esque rehash designed for grind). Besides, releasing a new zone a mere 6-7 months before the next expansion is just silly, it would be so short-lived.

What we could see is: they release some kind of small- to medium-sized raid which is very scenario-based in the sense that it's mostly cutscenes and scripted dialogue with us running around watching cool stuff go down, and not a lot of actual boss fights. This could have us run to Thunder Bluff, Stormwind and other places and might culminate in an instanced location which is meant to represent Ny'alotha. For example, we could be fighting Xal'atath on some platform with a huge sweeping landscape in the background, depicting massive towers, obelisks, tentacles and so on. That way, Blizzard would give us a glimpse of reality if the Hour of Twilight should come to pass, without actually having to build Ny'alotha for BfA.

That could be when we realise: "oh sh-t, we need to go become stronger if we want to overcome this".

So in the next expansion we visit the Dragon Isles and become Dragonsworn, then we fight to protect a revamped Azeroth.
    Wait you think next expansion is in 6-7 months ? Meaning an April release ? That is highly unlikely.
    WoW expansions tend to release at the end of years, meaning August-December months, so we looking at around a year until next expansion going by previous patterns.

15+ Year Old Account

What? Legion had

Broken Shore
    Plus
    Argus!!!! A different planet
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    What? Legion had

Broken Shore
    Plus
    Argus!!!! A different planet
    Technically the Broken Shore was there from the beginning, just touched up a bit when they flipped the switch on it. I mean, I see your point, but still. We'll have to see :O

8.3 is going to be an Azshara raid - "The Eternal Palace was merely a setback"
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

10+ Year Old Account
    Broken Shore was added at the start, it just recieved some additional content later on. Which is why I'm comparing it to Mechagon, which is pretty much old assets reused as well.

- - - Updated - - -

No, I meant from January which is when 8.3 would likely be released.
    You mean Nazjatar? Mechagon has a lot of new assets compared to Nazjatar. The naga capital is such an eyesore, they didn't even try.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    And very very slight, since here we say and speculate about almost every possible scenario that could happen, then people say "omg this never surprises me" well ofc since we talked about that 100 times

Is the complete radio silence on Blizzard's part ever going to end this xpack?