Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Didnt expect Blizzard to actually create a shitton of fake players to have show up as corpses in teh zones. They are everywhere, and each one is has a seemingly semi-random combination of transmog and name. Just saw a "Zandalaritrol" corpse in heritage armor. Seems like quite a lot of effort considering.
    I mean, that's what they did in WoD, a lot of the NPCs in the intro scenarios are just random players taken from ARmory.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I mean, that's what they did in WoD, a lot of the NPCs in the intro scenarios are just random players taken from ARmory.
    Thought those players were dead player tributes. Guess it doesnt matter, they seem to fill about the same purpose when it comes to making the world feel that bit more alive.

Can you take some screenshots of the corpses?

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    Can you take some screenshots of the corpses?
    Sadly that technology seems beyond me. Took a screenshot but i have no idea how to get it here.

It is not as spectacular as you might think though, it's really just a loads of player corpses spread loosely around specific areas in Uldum.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Sadly that technology seems beyond me. Took a screenshot but i have no idea how to get it here.

It is not as spectacular as you might think though, it's really just a loads of player corpses spread loosely around specific areas in Uldum.
    You can just drag and drop the image from your PC to an image hosting website (Personal preference: https://imgur.com/ ) and paste the link to the image after it is uploaded.

OT: I like the idea of them using current armory data to do something like this. Would be cool if the corpses were for example random players among those from your realm that were currently offline and max level, so you had a chance of seeing someone that you might know (would probably open up the possibility for some cool solo RP stuff). Or even the last X players that died in that zone.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    So.. sorry, this was a little longer than I thought and also a little chaotic
    Short version: I think the Old Gods corrupted more than just some of the elements during the Black Empire era and they at least darkened Death and corrupted one of his chosen Loa (Hakkar). When the Titans locked the Old Gods into their own realm they chose a pocket of the Shadowlands to make it into that realm, which is why the Old Gods were able to make the Nightmare seep into the Shadowlands and from there to the Dream (because the Shadowlands and the Dream have a natural connection). This way they were able to also influence some other beings, like Omen and Goldrinn, who then lost themselves to rage and forgot to keep balance above all things, but veered too much on the side of Death and possibly Shadow (maybe Galakkrond and Xibala too).
    When mortals started meddling, the Old Gods even gained entrance to the Titan sealed part of the Dream (the actual Emerald Dream that Freya shaped and protected).
    The next step would be for Death to break free into all existence and actually eat it all up, so nothing living remains, including the Dream. Then the world soul has nowhere left to hide from the Shadow and Pain and the voidlords can take it over (which is something for the far future of course).
    that could also be a possibility,but i the soul is dead the voidlords can do their thing, so it could be a problem, maybe they are using the death as a weapon, rooting deep in the shadowlands to affect the dream, who knows, this one of the little pieces that was spoiled in the story i think

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    What if the "crooked serpent with no eyes" is actually Mueh'zala himself?
    The "space that is everywhere and nowhere" are the shadowlands (bc they are literally everywhere, they are a mirror of our world, and yet nowhere bc they arent really a part of our world), and the "stars" he feasts on are souls.
    it don't fits mueh'zala at all

the serpent is said to feed on stars and is coming to this world from the space, not rly "between this space"

That scenario in Blackwing Lair: is it related to the legendary, or could it be a lead in for a Dragon AR?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    That scenario in Blackwing Lair: is it related to the legendary, or could it be a lead in for a Dragon AR?
    I think the Cloak that Wrathion gives you is what it is related with.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

99% sure it's the questchain for the Cloak.

There is definitely a whole ton of quests we are not yet seeing, and i wonder whether they are going to be encrypted or not.
    For instance teh quest that shows how Ra-den goes from quest giver in Vale of Eternal blossoms to corrupted raid boss. Or the entire questline for the legendary cloak.
    Will be interesting to see next week when we might see another big PTR update.

That is a bummer. I'm convinced the Worgen AR will be Dragonmen, but there goes one chance to introduce them.

Honestly I'm surprised that there are zero new models in 8.3 that indicate the last ARs. The Rajani are basically everything indicating an AR EXCEPT new models as well. Maybe it'll be like Velves and the new nightborne models where they were introduced in the same patch they came out.

7+ Year Old Account
    That is a bummer. I'm convinced the Worgen AR will be Dragonmen, but there goes one chance to introduce them.

Honestly I'm surprised that there are zero new models in 8.3 that indicate the last ARs. The Rajani are basically everything indicating an AR EXCEPT new models as well. Maybe it'll be like Velves and the new nightborne models where they were introduced in the same patch they came out.
    I'd much rather it be an encrypted surprise for when it does come (Like "Hey, 9.0 Preorder is here and here are 2 new AR you get with it" (just an example if it came with preorder) or "Hey 8.3.5 PTR is going up tonight with 2 new AR to test") than for us to know months in advance what they will be (if there even will be any more AR this expansion).
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

After the anticlimax of the vulpera/mechagnome announcement they may have decided that introducing updated models ahead of time works against their hype machine--at least in cases where an older model exists already. I agree that the Rajani seem set up perfectly as an allied race candidate minus the new models.

Or else the last pair are so closely tied to the new expansion that they can't introduce them before blizzcon without spoiling things.
    Last edited by Rae888; 2019-10-10 at 03:48 PM.

Where do you even pull a possible Dragonmen race out of? I mean honestly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rae888 View Post
    After the anticlimax of the vulpera/mechagnome announcement they may have decided that introducing updated models ahead of time works against their hype machine--at least in cases where an older model exists already. I agree that the Rajani seem set up perfectly as an allied race candidate minus the new models.
    How long did we know about Vulpera/Mechagnomes being a thing? Half a year or even more than that? It's been the worst kept secret this expansion, don't even know why Blizzard delayed their announcement for so long.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    How long did we know about Vulpera/Mechagnomes being a thing?
    Vulpera were in the BfA announcement slideshow.... so since Blizzcon 2017. Then they got a "player-ready" updated model shortly after the alpha client went up. Mechagnomes in the Blizzcon 2018 presentation.

With mechagnomes being a allied race with hidden armor appearances (arms,legs) the door is now wide open for allied races like the Naga.

7+ Year Old Account
    Where do you even pull a possible Dragonmen race out of? I mean honestly.
    tbf, worgen as playable race were kinda an asspull too

Quote Originally Posted by Rae888 View Post
    Vulpera were in the BfA announcement slideshow.... so since Blizzcon 2017. Then they got a "player-ready" updated model shortly after the alpha client went up. Mechagnomes in the Blizzcon 2018 presentation.
    I mean being a thing as an allied race, e.g. datamining suggested that. Not when they were announce as new races overall.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    tbf, worgen as playable race were kinda an asspull too
    Really? I always found them very fitting story-wise. I mean what else could have been the counterpart to Goblins at that time?

But Dragonmen? Some kind of Nefarian-esque abomination? Uhm...
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I mean being a thing as an allied race, e.g. datamining suggested that. Not when they were announce as new races overall.
    Vulpera were added to the race database in the same alpha patch where they got their updated models... it was pretty clear at that point what the intention was. But more evidence trickled in slowly over time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Really? I always found them very fitting story-wise. I mean what else could have been the counterpart to Goblins at that time?

But Dragonmen? Some kind of Nefarian-esque abomination? Uhm...
    if you look to the past, they were just some brainless monster thing that arugal summoned, with no females, a disesae and they cold not even change back to human form, look how things change, what they had to create to fit then, they become some night elf shenanigan

dragonmen/drakonid is not that absurd, but i think it would make most sense on horde, dragonmaw clan could basically shapeshift like worgens do, their outland counterpart and Zuluhead actually can transform into drakonid.