Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    To go into it more, Skin color choice was still locked behind the paywall. Somewhere recently (I think in Legion with Demonhunters) you were able to start changing your skin color through in-game barber.

This was part of a paid-service (appearance change) that became completely free (as in costing in-game gold only).

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.wowhead.com/news=295665/...ons-and-assets

Under Currencies:

"Echoes of Oblivion

Coalesced void essence found in and around areas touched by the Visions of N'zoth. The Rajani, Uldum Accord, and Blacktalon are all willing to barter for rare and powerful items, as well as using them to clear or alter cursed items."

So 3 new reputations instead of only 2 as I recall. Blacktalon! AkA Wrathion's agents right?

I hope they lead to a Dragon Allied Race for Alliance. Alliance need something badass after Mechagnomes.
    Blacktalon!! There it isss. I'm very confident it will be the worgen rig allied race.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'm pretty sure they care, its just not an easy solution they can just whiff up in a patch or anything. Making a third faction just makes it even worse though so your suggestion is dumb.
    Yeah cause a 3rd faction that can play with the other 2 is exactly like a 3rd faction that can't do that, which is what you're saying and why you think the idea is dumb.
    Thanks a lot for your input.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weatherwax View Post
    Do you really, really think Blizzard will go without the faction change money?

Stop and think very hard about that.

Nothing will ever change when it comes to the factions because faction changes and race changes are services sold to us.

What will happen, because Ion has announced it at last year's Blizzcon (just go see the WoW panel video, it's right there), is the Alliance being populated with AI npcs people will use to run the group content with instead of people.
    Of course, that feature will also be offered to Horde players because Blizzard realizes that in a playerbase that is increasingly dwindling it's a fantastic idea to fill the world with AI "players" so it doesn't look so empty.

In the near future the AI might even talk to the players so they feel like they're playing with actual people without ever meeting anyone. That's not a new idea either, Spore did that before. It's a profitable way to make a single-player MMO.
    Even in a scenario where Horde and Alliance are in truce and we can collaborated... that doesnt mean we loose Factions, expecially for the old content.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Blacktalon!! There it isss. I'm very confident it will be the worgen rig allied race.
    They are simply his agents

New class hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    They are simply his agents

New class hopefully
    In particular, they're drawn from a bunch of existing player races races. There's nothing among them that would fit or isn't already available.

You could make a better argument for the Tol'vir and Rajani.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post

new cinematic on the ptr.
    LOL you had me for a second but as soon as i saw Surfang i was like lol

Quote Originally Posted by Thatch Rackham View Post
    I think it's a bit to blatant. It you can tell within the first few seconds of a six minute video, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatch Rackham View Post
    I was so excited for a split second...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

10+ Year Old Account
    8-9 seconds and its very...non Blizzard like. 0/10
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

8-9 seconds and its very...non Blizzard like. 0/10
    Which are taken up by a very non-Blizzard logo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post

new cinematic on the ptr.
    Skeletons in the thumbnail, nice try buddy but they'd never allow that.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I think it's a bit to blatant. It you can tell within the first few seconds of a six minute video, you're doing it wrong.
    I am at work and wasnt paying full attention at the start

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Yeah, I am pretty convinced this means Mogu for Horde and Dragonmen for Alliance in 8.3.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Yeah, I am pretty convinced this means Mogu for Horde and Dragonmen for Alliance in 8.3.5.
    Dragonmen, yes. Mogu, lol what???

Considering how there's millions of reasons people like the Alliance, its not as clear cut and its pretty much cliche at this point to call humans "boring."
    If you like the Alliance and its races, you should also like its Allied Races, which mostly follow the AR concept of "base race, but with a cool twist, e.g. a subrace".
    Fire-themed Dwarves, even-more-Light-themed Draenei, Humans with a different body type and thus a unique rig, and now Gnomes that have cybernetic parts, some mandatory so that you can't create another Gnome, but with different racials.
    Even these I call comparatively bland, but there were also no better options in sight. This is only in part due to Blizzard's writing, these races are simply bland, because they have always been the standard playable races in Fantasy RPGs.

I yield that Jinyu/Ankoan would've been cool, but going by the system so far, Gnomes or Worgen would've been next, or, less likely, another faction swap for a Forsaken AR or an even less likely Golbin one.
    Worgen has no candidates with actual buildup, as the Alliance interacting with the Sethrak (or rather, just Vorrik, the only friendly Sethrak that either side interacts with) only makes them neutral at best.
    That pretty much leaves Gnomes. And since that model is diminutive and thus, in certain people's opinions, a joke, even a Gnome AR that's not related to Gnomes (e.g. Podlings, which have a presence in Drustvar, refitted on the Gnome rig) would've been received badly.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So if it's Mogu Horde, Dragonmen Alliance, what Horde rig are those Dragonmen using. Need a quid pro quo for the Draenei rig going horde.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    So if it's Mogu Horde, Dragonmen Alliance, what Horde rig are those Dragonmen using. Need a quid pro quo for the Draenei rig going horde.
    they don't care what rig goes where, dragonmen is supposed to be "worgen" allied race.

i rly hope its not this mogu shit

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherwax View Post
    Do you really, really think Blizzard will go without the faction change money?

Stop and think very hard about that.

Nothing will ever change when it comes to the factions because faction changes and race changes are services sold to us.

What will happen, because Ion has announced it at last year's Blizzcon (just go see the WoW panel video, it's right there), is the Alliance being populated with AI npcs people will use to run the group content with instead of people.
    Of course, that feature will also be offered to Horde players because Blizzard realizes that in a playerbase that is increasingly dwindling it's a fantastic idea to fill the world with AI "players" so it doesn't look so empty.

In the near future the AI might even talk to the players so they feel like they're playing with actual people without ever meeting anyone. That's not a new idea either, Spore did that before. It's a profitable way to make a single-player MMO.
    I would have agreed with you on the past, but last year, they basically gave up on their appearance change money. Now the only reason to pay for that service is if you want a gender change.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i rly hope its not this mogu shit
    With this one i will agree with you, but sadly many things point towards them.

I still think that this ''slip up'' 5:40 about mogu is actually true, because it was a very random thing to say.