10+ Year Old Account
    If Blizzard wants to create more old Gods... They will weather we like it or not or I should say weather Azeroth likes it or not >.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I think that Death has been corrupted long ago and is the new way for the Void lords to consume the world soul. The Old Gods were the first plan, but once those got a hold of the Shadowlands and started corrupting the Emerald Dream, the voidlords made a new plan and turned their attention to the one force that gets everybody in the end and that they now had access to: Death. Or maybe they even turned to Death even earlier, in the times of the Black Empire, when they came into contact with the elements and all the forces working inside the universe.
    I mean, all the other forces and even some of the death entities are kind of trying to keep balance and preserving the universe, or at least Azeroth, but not Mueh'zala. He/she/it just wants to feast on all of Azeroth, balance be damned. It is also working with a dreadlord (or the dreadlord is working alongside it, maybe Mueh'zala is just mad and the dreadlord is steering it on the behalf of the void).
    The voidlords want to infect and possess a sleeping Titan so they can consume the universe, it may have been easy to sell that to a maddened Mueh'zala as a common goal.

Wanted to take a stab at these, and throw my thoughts into the mix.

Before the last shadow falls, the Father of Sleep shall savor his feast.
    I believe this 100% references Shadowlands and Mueh'zala, the Father of Sleep. This is likely the hungering darkness Sylvanas also references in 8.2.5.

The golden one claims a vacant throne. The crown of light will bring only darkness.
    Calia claiming the throne of the Forsaken, at Lordaeron. Clearly some bad shit is gonna happen after she takes that spot. Wondering if this has to do with the whole "Light can be evil too" storyline, as they did mysteriously resurrect her.

When their mistress beckons, nine ravens take flight. Each seeks a prize to earn her favor.
    Not entirely sure on this one. I want to lean towards Helya, who has the heavy Raven inspired look, and ravens are tied to Odyn. Fits in with Death theme.

The vassal of life disguises treachery. Beware the eyes of green.
    Had to look up vassal, which appears to be "a person regarded as having a mutual obligation to a lord or monarch". So someone who is supposedly sworn to life is going to betray us. Throw in green eyes. Assumed Alexstrasza, but she has yellow eyes. Green Dragonflight maybe. Not sure who else fits this bill.

Five lanterns, now darkened. The flame they seek will light the masters' way.
    Five lanterns=five aspects. Bronze, Black, Red, Green, Blue. All have lost their powers, and regret it. Them searching for and obtaining their powers back will help bring in the Void Lords.

The blind queen wields a scepter of bone. From the deep she calls forth doom.
    Blind queen could be Azshara. Blinded by her vain, she didn't see N'zoth's plan. Also would fit with the scepter(of Azshara) and calling from the deep. But, scepter of bone specifically. Dunno.

The cunning ones kneel before six masters, but serve only one.
    The cunning ones kneel before six. This is definitely Loyalists. They kneel to the new Horde Council, but they only serve Sylvanas(or more specifically, Mueh'zala?).

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    I mean, think about it. We all knew there was an 8.3, and we all know what's going on surrounding Death and all. So, it'd make sense for Death to be the main theme for the next Expansion of WoW. And then, after we face off against Death, what's next? The Void Lords.
    Whatever Blizzard comes up with.

You don't "end" a franchise like this. Their won't be a grand finale, it will just sputter out at some point, and we're nowhere close to that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    Blind queen could be Azshara. Blinded by her vain, she didn't see N'zoth's plan. Also would fit with the scepter(of Azshara) and calling from the deep. But, scepter of bone specifically. Dunno.
    Scepter of Bone is definitely the confusing part here. Maybe the dagger is made from Old God or Faceless bone?

Other than that, no idea. I don't remember anything that fits the bill associated with any of the currently relevant characters.

Had to look up vassal, which appears to be "a person regarded as having a mutual obligation to a lord or monarch". So someone who is supposedly sworn to life is going to betray us. Throw in green eyes. Assumed Alexstrasza, but she has yellow eyes. Green Dragonflight maybe. Not sure who else fits this bill.
    Someone pointed out that this is likely a reference to Tyrande, what with Elune most likely being tied to Life. What makes it interesting is Malfurion having green eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Scepter of Bone is definitely the confusing part here. Maybe the dagger is made from Old God or Faceless bone?

Other than that, no idea. I don't remember anything that fits the bill associated with any of the currently relevant characters.
    Maybe, but calling it scepter and not dagger? I get metaphors and all that, but that's a bit odd. Also have to remember, this is probably something that will happen much later, so probably doesn't fit anything at this moment.

Whatever Blizzard comes up with.

You don't "end" a franchise like this. Their won't be a grand finale, it will just sputter out at some point, and we're nowhere close to that.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey man...

This is the same game that ended the Legion threat as well as Imprisoned Sargeras in the span of 1 Expansion. And must I mention what has happened this Expac? Anything can happen, really.

But a dagger isn't a scepter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey man...

This is the same game that ended the Legion threat as well as Imprisoned Sargeras in the span of 1 Expansion. And must I mention what has happened this Expac? Anything can happen, really.
    Same one where he stabbed Azeroth to....so lets not act like its over yet. It isn't.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Hey man...

As long as it is financially viable. Killing the franchise isn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Same one where he stabbed Azeroth to....so lets not act like its over yet. It isn't.
    And Sargeras was explicitly only imprisoned, with Blizzard making some ominous comments about the red star, to boot.

As long as it is financially viable. Killing the franchise isn't.

- - - Updated - - -

And Sargeras was explicitly only imprisoned, with Blizzard making some ominous comments about the red star, to boot.
    This is true...

Not like Overwatch can sustain, tbh.

Maybe, but calling it scepter and not dagger? I get metaphors and all that, but that's a bit odd. Also have to remember, this is probably something that will happen much later, so probably doesn't fit anything at this moment.
    Eonar has an alabaster staff(scepter).

Quote Originally Posted by Dreen View Post
    can someone direct me to a vid of a ny'alotha dungeon tour, or the map marlamin found from nzoth untextured in the early version of nazjatar, or has noone with the tools to do so bothered exploring them yet
    There's been some minor hurdles in getting the map ported over. It is -so- barebones that most tools have difficulity with it being so barebones, e.g. not having any terrain texture layers. I did just push an update to the WoW.tools modelviewer that at least makes some stuff show up, but terrain colors are still wrong.

https://wow.tools/mv/?buildconfig=b8...36418&type=adt (give it a second to load then move camera down)

Using Wyrmrest as a placeholder for Azshara's palace model is pretty neat.

Please tell me that Azshara will survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Blizzard is setting so much up. Tying up so many loose ends. 9.0 has to be a time skip world revamp.
    I love you when you say things like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    People are mad about all of this lore, but its bold and i like it. 8.3 lore is very different. Things are changing a lot faster than normal. Something big is going to happen soon. The only thing im disappointed about is a new zone and dungeon, but the rest is amazing. BFA saved. Not as good as legion but a lot better than cata or WoD.
    I agree, it sounds very promising.

Also, I know it's the end of the war but... why are all these characters suddenly talking about their love interests? I mean I'm living for it and I do really want to know who Shaw fancies but... it's all very in our face isn't it? Same with Wrathion, Kalecgos, Derek, Calia, Lor'themar and Thalyssra.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulcatcher3 View Post
    Please tell me that Azshara will survive.
    Up to now it's not like we are trying to kill her, but she is involved in the Inquisitor fight, where she is being tortured and we get used as the ones to torture her. Also, we see her make her bargain with Sylvanas and the torture is supposed to turn her into a proper N'Zoth minion, not to kill her. She is being punished, because N'Zoth knows about her plans with Sylvanas.

anduin gay? not surprised, soy voice, milk face, rainbow in the brain.

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    Up to now it's not like we are trying to kill her, but she is involved in the Inquisitor fight, where she is being tortured and we get used as the ones to torture her. Also, we see her make her bargain with Sylvanas and the torture is supposed to turn her into a proper N'Zoth minion, not to kill her. She is being punished, because N'Zoth knows about her plans with Sylvanas.
    Why did Azshara turn against N'Zoth anyway? She was willing to share power with Sargeras as far as I know. Did she didn't want to be seen as N'Zoth's minion or something? Anyway, I hope she survives this whole mess, she's a cool character and one of the most powerful beings on Azeroth and deserves more than torture and getting defeated by players.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    anduin gay? not surprised, soy voice, milk face, rainbow in the brain.
    You post about how feminine you think Anduin is an awful lot.

Sounds like someone has a crush, because you are letting a "feminine soyboy" live rent-free in your mind.

Horde badass strong fraction. Look alliance leader, he soy whine bitch crybaby afk king of soy gaylord, trash character. Horde pride ours leaders.
    alliance what your feeling, your king soy weak boy likes black D dragon) What pride Hahaha
    anduin like only prison orcs, he is humiliated and he like
    And Lor’themar x Thalyssra so much ships) only soy boy anduin forever alone, only peace ,only pink dildo.
    Anduin the most disgusting character this world
    soy boy again whine for peace, I want to knock out his teeth
    70% for Tyrande, all people hate cryduin i like this.
    anduin the only character this world who can't fight, weak soy- priest, only crying... poor Varian his son sissy
    lol who is voting crybaby beta boy.. Tyrande of course
    He soy boy, it would make him toxic male.
    Anduin piece of shit, i hate him so much, he lover horde dick. He gaylord, no he top cuckold loser ever. NO shit better than he. Shit brat baby crying baby ugly face... king of soy. He no man..... he schmuck
    Never! Golden doesn't want her sissy son touch woman, only peace lover and orc-man hugging
    He Non-toxic masculinity soyboy, Paladin spec give him too much courage *Christie triggered*
    Turalyon goody goody two shoes boring, but he cool. Anduin simply beta boy.
    anduin so much annoying!
    - Crybaby face
    - soy voice
    - weak pyssy
    - probably love big D
    - anti-charisma
    - beta male cuckold

<Afk> Anduin Wrynn
    <King of Soy>
    No he soft beta boy, cuckold for writer feminist. No chance to save him
    I want to see his head the peak! he is a terribly written character! everything in him is annoying
    sweet soy voice, crying baby face, always whining, useless afk soy-boy.
    soy-soft pacifist in the great war, where two sides are fighting, makes story dumb! blizzard don't see? Anduin problem all bfa story. Not Sylvanas!
    Last edited by Stelio Kontos; 2019-10-08 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulcatcher3 View Post
    Why did Azshara turn against N'Zoth anyway? She was willing to share power with Sargeras as far as I know. Did she didn't want to be seen as N'Zoth's minion or something? Anyway, I hope she survives this whole mess, she's a cool character and one of the most powerful beings on Azeroth and deserves more than torture and getting defeated by players.
    She definitely did not want ot be seen as N'zoths minion, as can be seen from how she tried to blackmail him into accepting her as his equal instead of just his servant. What is still up for debate is whether N'zoth saw through this or not.