7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post

Much better...
    Would be pretty cool if Orc heritage armor looks similar to that. Kind of like how Tauren heritage armor looks similar to Baine's.

Thoughts on the new Eye of the Corruptor broadcast text? Can't link as I'm new here, but it's recent on wowhead.

"Give in. Accept the embrace. Listen.
    Listen. Listen. Listen. LISTEN.
    The queen threatens the king. There is no way to win. Listen.
    The undrowned will join the chorus. Listen to it.
    Listen. Open the gate. Step into the abyss. Complete the circle.
    You were right to doubt them.
    Listen. She is a threat. Kill her. KILL HER.
    Listen. You know this is the truth. It is but one of a thousand. You have only to listen.
    Everywhere you look, the stars gaze back. You know their form already. You have but to listen."

They seem to really be ramming home the void hating Sylvanas. Or does the 'queen' refer to Azshara instead?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prophet June Bug View Post
    Great, now I'll be disappointed if there's no cinematic where there's this weird clanking sound, followed by the characters present turning around uncomfortably as tentacles emerge from the pitch black, wrangling around the blue chains.

Thanks
    Imagine all those hentai references this cinematic would spawn. :v
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Snapflog View Post
    Thoughts on the new Eye of the Corruptor broadcast text? Can't link as I'm new here, but it's recent on wowhead.

Listen. You know this is the truth. It is but one of a thousand. You have only to listen.
    Everywhere you look, the stars gaze back. You know their form already. You have but to listen."

They seem to really be ramming home the void hating Sylvanas. Or does the 'queen' refer to Azshara instead?
    I understand it to be Azshara, with the 'King' being N'zoth. It would make sense if these whispers are heard during/leading to the Azshara fight, as I'm supposed that's when we open the gate.

Edit: Does 'the stars gazing back' refer to generic void lord crap, or is it refering to the light/naaru/titans?

7+ Year Old Account
    I love the tauren set scenario.
    Pretty much our first glimmer of what awaits us in the shadowlands.

Formerly known as Arafal

I understand it to be Azshara, with the 'King' being N'zoth. It would make sense if these whispers are heard during/leading to the Azshara fight, as I'm supposed that's when we open the gate.
    So the raid will be us knowingly and explicitly doing what Nzoth wants us to do (kill Azshara)? That's kinda weird

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol it's pretty logically a ''Three sisters'' reference. ''King'' being N'zoth seems like reaching too much. This could easily be Sylv triumpant over the two kings in the story, either Anduin or the LK.

Also that fucking eye of the corruptor will be the most annoying NPC in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

So the raid will be us knowingly and explicitly doing what Nzoth wants us to do (kill Azshara)? That's kinda weird
    That also doesn't make sense because during the fight Azshara is working to free him.

That also doesn't make sense because during the fight Azshara is working to free him.
    Exactly. So provided the Eye of the Corruptor is actually old-god aligned (it is right?), surely 'Kill her' must refer to Sylvanas.

7+ Year Old Account
    Exactly. So provided the Eye of the Corruptor is actually old-god aligned (it is right?), surely 'Kill her' must refer to Sylvanas.
    The NPC is literally called the eye of n'zoth (he's the corruptor), so yeah, he is.

Formerly known as Arafal

Actually it seems like Death, Undeath and Void are the most powerful cosmic energies on Azeroth, which could fight against another, so it seems not strange to me, that N'Zoth or w/e old god wants Sylvanas out of his way.

Order is only present by a sleeping titan and the facilities left. Maybe powerful but not in a greater meaning.

Life seen as the stuff around the Emerald Dream, wild gods and such is hurt with the loss of Ysera, the change of the Night Elfs and the Void always attacking the Dream.

Fel is present on Azeroth, but has no big baddie to enforce it.

Light is always present, but has a heavy stand since there is this believe in the Light by Paladins and the Alliance, but with no Naaru present on Azeroth and just the Lightforged Draenei there is not a fanatical force, which would try to empower the Light to the ruling energy on this world.

Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    Actually it seems like Death, Undeath and Void are the most powerful cosmic energies on Azeroth, which could fight against another, so it seems not strange to me, that N'Zoth or w/e old god wants Sylvanas out of his way.

Order is only present by a sleeping titan and the facilities left. Maybe powerful but not in a greater meaning.

Life seen as the stuff around the Emerald Dream, wild gods and such is hurt with the loss of Ysera, the change of the Night Elfs and the Void always attacking the Dream.

Fel is present on Azeroth, but has no big baddie to enforce it.

Light is always present, but has a heavy stand since there is this believe in the Light by Paladins and the Alliance, but with no Naaru present on Azeroth and just the Lightforged Draenei there is not a fanatical force, which would try to empower the Light to the ruling energy on this world.
    Absolutely! What's significant about this is that it's been quite heavily speculated that Sylvanas is (inadvertantly or not) helping N'zoth in her crazy actions, especially with the whole plotline about trying to discover her master and finding no-one. Til now the only real defence against that was the Three Sisters comic, but now Bioware are potentially making it clear that Sylvanas is not helping N'zoth.

It makes a 'redemption' much more likely imo, or at least the old (/cliche?) story of good motivations/ridiculously evil methods.
    Last edited by Snapflog; 2019-04-24 at 06:36 PM.

We have been knowingly and explicitly been doing what the void minions have been telling us to do all expansion, directly so in 8.1.5, and about the counter of Azshara freeing Nzoth, that would be exactly the point about why he wants her dead *now* and not 10k years prior.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    We have been knowingly and explicitly been doing what the void minions have been telling us to do all expansion, directly so in 8.1.5, and about the counter of Azshara freeing Nzoth, that would be exactly the point about why he wants her dead *now* and not 10k years prior.
    Wouldn't he want her dead after she's freed him, not right when she's on the cusp of it? Couldn't he just kill her when he's freed if he wanted to?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'm loving the whole "Shadows consuming you while you foolishly been foughting among yourselves" idea that Blizz is using. The only issue is,

Teldrassil

and Dazal'alor(Rastkhan dying per say and no I'm not saying its on the same scale).

Two sides will be very distrustful of one another, they have to deal with that to.
    True, and there are several other minor distrust issues to work through to end the war. One example of this would be the Mag'har Orcs who given the events of AU Draenor are unlikely to be interested in working with the Lightforged Draenei. However, neither of those larger issues you pointed out are issues that Blizz can't work past if they do it right.

Teldrassil is largely unforgivable, but with the Horde turning more and more against Sylvanas, it is not that far of a stretch to lay the blame on her shoulders for it. She gave the command to burn it, she ordered the invasion of Darkshore, and her Val'kyr were the ones to resurrect former Night Elves. While still perhaps unacceptable to many, this would be all Blizz would need to lay Teldrassil at her feet. The one person who might not accept anything to do with the Horde after this is Tyrande, but last we saw her she was pretty much done with the Alliance as well. She might well become some part of 9.0 as perhaps a Guardian of Elune post Night Warrior stuff.

Dazar'Alor is a little trickier. The Alliance doesn't have a Sylvanas to pin this on, they did it according to plan of their own free will. However, the story portrayed throughout the Rastakhan encounter seems to be more about how wrong Rastakhan was for taking the deal with Bwonsamdi than anything the Alliance actually did. With this in mind, all it would really take for Dazar'Alor to be put on the back burner would be Rastakhan talking to Talanji and giving her what she needs to move past it. Throw in Vol'jin taking the place of Rezan and becoming her Loa as well as Talanji's respect for Baine (who has already mentioned negotiations), this could be moved past with the Zandalari looking ahead towards a better future for Azeroth rather than living in the past of the great Troll empires.

Wouldn't he want her dead after she's freed him, not right when she's on the cusp of it? Couldn't he just kill her when he's freed if he wanted to?
    Absolutely to both of them. We could argue that he sees all possible futures (except for the one that the light sees) and he knows when we will get to kill her. And we could argue that old gods find it funner to have other people do their work for them, I guess? Why did that Ilgynoth whisper to us the entire BfA plot? Old god whispers are a bit silly in a way.

Then again, he could also be encouraging us to end Sylvanas now that she has done her part, but why would he want to make the factions join forces?

By the way, we currently do not know what the Eye really is, right? Maybe it's the further development of N'Zoths gift?

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet June Bug View Post
    Great, now I'll be disappointed if there's no cinematic where there's this weird clanking sound, followed by the characters present turning around uncomfortably as tentacles emerge from the pitch black, wrangling around the blue chains.

Thanks
    Trust me. There will be a cinematic.

10+ Year Old Account
    True, and there are several other minor distrust issues to work through to end the war. One example of this would be the Mag'har Orcs who given the events of AU Draenor are unlikely to be interested in working with the Lightforged Draenei. However, neither of those larger issues you pointed out are issues that Blizz can't work past if they do it right.
    I think that might be sidestepped tbh but truthfully they should at least see the Draenei may not seem to interested(Not counting Lightforged) in lightforging everyone. That would be a good way to make the Mag'har at least respect them(But not hey gimme a brohug).

Teldrassil is largely unforgivable, but with the Horde turning more and more against Sylvanas, it is not that far of a stretch to lay the blame on her shoulders for it. She gave the command to burn it, she ordered the invasion of Darkshore, and her Val'kyr were the ones to resurrect former Night Elves. While still perhaps unacceptable to many, this would be all Blizz would need to lay Teldrassil at her feet. The one person who might not accept anything to do with the Horde after this is Tyrande, but last we saw her she was pretty much done with the Alliance as well. She might well become some part of 9.0 as perhaps a Guardian of Elune post Night Warrior stuff.
    I don't think Tyrande and the Nelves stepped away from the Alliance, just fought on their own(The whole reason fighting alone was dumb and just seemed to be forced to explain Darkshore WF). I was mostly pointing out Talanji has no reason to work with the Alliance in a super friendly manner cause...well we killed her father, that wound doesn't go away. I'm sure eventually tensions will go down but for Nelves and Talanji, it's still pretty heated.

(Also noting Teldrassil burning is WAAAAAY above the Rastakhan slaying).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

If it ends up saying "Hey, listen" even once, it's dead.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Who knows what's going on. I'm half expecting/hoping that Eternal Palace ends up with Azshara monologuing about how she's won, we all played into her plan, nothing we did had any hope to stop her, turns towards her master rising from the depths and...

Azshara: ...who are you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I sometimes wonder if I am the only person who liked Navi.
    Well, at least she wasn't Fi.

I calculate a 99% probability that you are now standing in front of a chest. There is a 100% probability that continuing to slam your head into the chest will cause lasting harm.