Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Otherwise, there really isn't a good fit for same race Allied Races on the Alliance.
    A side effect of the Alliance core being the "default Fantasy good guy" races. It's difficult to think of meaningful variations - Dark Iron are literally an evil clan made ally.
    And Human subraces are a scandal waiting to happen - for other races, you can just have "the same, but in another (darker) skin color". You can see how that's not an option for Humans.
    Instead, other Human races have to be significantly different in other ways - we got ones that were afflicted with a werewolf curse, and now stockier ones that presumably had some Vrykul blood reintroduced into their line. Which reminds me, some Alliance players are so un-imaginative that they would have preferred Kul'tirans to just be "the Human model, but with other class options & racials and of course that cool coat from the Heritage Armor".
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2019-06-30 at 09:52 PM.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    I find it also perplexing that they don't even want to be mechanized, so it's like this race that people applaud for "yeah they're cyborg-y!" but the lore seems to say they don't like themselves for that same reason.
    That's not exactly correct, their culture in Mechagon shows that they love augmentation and improving themselves, but as Erazmin says as he gives you the tour he supports free will and choice and that is their problem with King Mechagon forcefully converting people into soulless machines. This is also the reason that they aren't the Wrath Mechagnomes or a full robot race instead because their theme seems to be balancing their original selves with their augmentations and improvements: hence they are half flesh and half robot. It adds some nuance to them when they could just be "LOL THEY WANT TO BE ROBOT THEY SO CRAZY".

Just a nitpick though, I'm in agreeance with you otherwise. These gnomes don't have a huge story but it's pretty well done.

What I don't appreciate is when they'll say stuff like "yeah we want your feedback on the races you wanna see"
    Yeah, this is a SERIOUS problem when it's obvious that they can't change anything mid-expansion. They should tell people that they likely can't address their desires in this expansion but can instead work on things for the future. People ACTUALLY think they are going to remodel Sethrak and add them in 8.3 if they ask enough. A lot of problems in this expansion stem from horribly stupid communication from the dev team when they get peoples hopes up like this and then don't clarify/temper expectations out of fear of backlash.
    Last edited by EbaumsTipster; 2019-06-30 at 09:56 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    That's not exactly correct, their culture in Mechagon shows that they love augmentation and improving themselves, but as Erazmin says as he gives you the tour he supports free will and choice and that is their problem with King Mechagon forcefully converting people into soulless machines. This is also the reason that they aren't the Wrath Mechagnomes or a full robot race instead because their theme seems to be balancing their original selves with their augmentations and improvements: hence they are half flesh and half robot. It adds some nuance to them when they could just be "LOL THEY WANT TO BE ROBOT THEY SO CRAZY".

Just a nitpick though, I'm in agreeance with you otherwise. These gnomes don't have a huge story but it's pretty well done.
    Ah okay, that makes a lot more sense. I missed that bit as I did do the Mechagon intro, but it was super late for me (1AM in the morning). The part about actually enjoying augmentation but also free-will does add a bit more nuance.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, this is a SERIOUS problem when it's obvious that they can't change anything mid-expansion. They should tell people that they likely can't address their desires in this expansion but can instead work on things for the future. People ACTUALLY think they are going to remodel Sethrak and add them in 8.3 if they ask enough. A lot of problems in this expansion stem from horribly stupid communication from the dev team when they get peoples hopes up like this and then don't clarify/temper expectations out of fear of backlash.
    Then they'll make that pikachu face meme when at the end of the expansion and all Allied Races are revealed, people get upset theirs wasn't included (looking at pretty much every other AR megathreads on official forums outside of Vulpera and Mechagnomes and High Elves [obviously r/o already])

Then they'll make that pikachu face meme when at the end of the expansion and all Allied Races are revealed, people get upset theirs wasn't included (looking at pretty much every other AR megathreads on official forums outside of Vulpera and Mechagnomes and High Elves [obviously r/o already])
    Horrible communication like this that only sets up disappointment from people that can't understand how this business works is proof enough of what Valve said a long time ago was 100% correct: no communication is better than poor communication. Blizzard should NOT talk to their players if they can't talk correctly.

Horrible communication like this that only sets up disappointment from people that can't understand how this business works is proof enough of what Valve said a long time ago was 100% correct: no communication is better than poor communication. Blizzard should NOT talk to their players if they can't talk correctly.
    Why? It doesn't change anything.

You either have retards bitching and moaning because they have shitty reading comprehension and get angry their delusions don't come true, or you have retards bitching and moaning because "they aren't saying anything!!!!!!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post

You either have retards bitching and moaning because they have shitty reading comprehension and get angry their delusions don't come true, or you have retards bitching and moaning because "they aren't saying anything!!!!!!"
    I think this is a case of melding together different topics. Almost no one's bitching about "they aren't saying anything" when it comes to Allied Races. Those complaints come about the state of the game pretty much.

If they kept mum about AR besides when they reveal them, I doubt you'll see lots of "bitching and moaning because 'they aren't saying anything'" since people understand AR will stay under wraps until their reveal.

That's very different from people wanting communication on how the gameplay and content design decisions will be going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    BotE and co. They pushed hotfix on 28th, but it didnt fix the issue. Especially if you got the Q for rank1 and obtain the achiev for rank2 before that, it fucks up the vendor.
    Lmao, i can't even. Now the GM told to just monitor 3rd party sites to see if they fixed it....
    Crimea is Ukraine!

I'd say its more that they will get angry about their delusions regardless of what Blizzard does or does not say.

Also, not communicating is functionally impossible for Blizzard. They'd have to turn the servers off for that.

Fuck the arcane pylons, the range of the beams sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I'd say its more that they will get angry about their delusions regardless of what Blizzard does or does not say.

Also, not communicating is functionally impossible for Blizzard. They'd have to turn the servers off for that.
    I usually see ppl upset because what they envision to happen ingame doesn't therefore its bad.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I usually see ppl upset because what they envision to happen ingame doesn't therefore its bad.
    Or because of what heppens ingame is bad, like most of this expansion. But feel free to ignore that since it doesnt fit your narative.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepe The Frog View Post
    Fuck the arcane pylons, the range of the beams sucks.
    I read on Wowhead you have to treat it more like a rhythm game, press the associated button when the attacking orb is close, not immediately when it appears.
    Managed it after reading that, only did it once though (only had 2.5 evenings in Nazjatar yet)
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    I read on Wowhead you have to treat it more like a rhythm game, press the associated button when the attacking orb is close, not immediately when it appears.
    Managed it after reading that, only did it once though (only had 2.5 evenings in Nazjatar yet)
    The annoying part is when they start getting spammed on all 3 simultaneously.

like 5 balls per second and on all 3.

Falls into the category of people believing that them not wanting to play = the game is "literally unplayable and shit". Meanwhile, BfA just got an injection of life with 8.2.

As usual, Blizzard's damned if they do, damned if they don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post

People don't care about 8.3 so why bother creating leaks.
    You never stop enjoying being wrong, do you?
    'Member how "nobody cared about 8.2" as well, yet the thread reached (and will continue) hundreds of pages.

8.3 is the next big patch for WoW, bet your ass people care.

I am curious about when we'll see 8.2.5 on the PTR. I'm sure it'll have Mechagnomes and Vulpera so it'll likely have some kind of big stream reveal first, but how long after the raid will they wait?

Surprised to see people actually caring about retail still. BFA 1 month after launch...
    Classic wow is the next best thing, play into that for the next 1 1/2 - 2 years and then hope the next retail expansion is fun.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I am curious about when we'll see 8.2.5 on the PTR. I'm sure it'll have Mechagnomes and Vulpera so it'll likely have some kind of big stream reveal first, but how long after the raid will they wait?
    I don't think it will have separate reveal stream, but I can see them revealing PTR on next Q&A.

Based on last few patches, 8.2.5 dates are:
    - News Stream - Late July
    - PTR - Early August
    - Release - Late September/Early October

It’s probably the last patch of the year.

8.3 PTR likely after Blizzcon
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I don't think it will have separate reveal stream, but I can see them revealing PTR on next Q&A.
    It absolutely will if it has big things like allied races in them. Unless Mechas and Vulpera get pushed to 8.3.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    Classic wow is the next best thing, play into that for the next 1 1/2 - 2 years and then
    Then what afterwards? Classic will have its share of hype for a while but if no new content comes to it after a couple years then it'll stay as the side chick to most World of Warcraft players.

And I'm saying this as someone who has never played Vanilla, played the Classic beta, and look forward to playing Classic and Current WoW.

Nostalgia only lasts so long, how many people in the world are still playing the SNES? N64? Gamecube? PS1? etc etc