Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I‘m still surprised that y’all dead set on Vulpera being an allied race for Horde. Yes, there are a lot of hints towards it, yet it’s not safe and Blizzard very often changed their mind. Especially when Mechagnomes + X will be the last pair of allied races for a very long time.
    Your crystal ball is faulty, that much is certain by now. You don't know if Mechagnomes and X (Vulpera) will be the last pair of allied races. This is a new concept. Previous times where they've changed their minds on implementing a race, they did so in the concept stage, not after having spent resources developing the race up to playable standards.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    I like leak season. Especially if one of them actually happens to be true and no one realizes it.

Reminds me of that guy that leaked Legion and it just flew by.
    I am legitmately curious on how accurate leaks have been from the past on certain leaking websites???

I cant help to think anything from a place like 4chan is accurate then again if they get something right a lot then suppose the accuracy is higher than not?

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Tiny chance this week.
    Small chance next week.
    Huge chance on the following week.

I say August 1st will be the day.
    Since you're usually right about these things, or at least very close, I shall hold hope up for August 1st! Can't wait for some new stuff to dish about!

Nothing speaks louder than money, and the amount of resources spent on remaking vulpera model to reach playable race standards is a huge neon sign that they are not meant to be just some forgotten NPC race.

There are currently two NPC models that are playable-quality: vulpera and mechagnome. That says a lot about future allied races.
    True to that, it’s all about money. Yet Blizzard has been very silent about upcoming allied races which makes me wonder why. Either they didn’t decide yet how many BfA will still have / who it will be or they just are silent about it to prevent drama by players disliking them in advance.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Isn't it about time they released information about 8.2.5 and 8.3? I'm sick and tired of this expansion and just want to see what Blizzard's grande finale for BfA is.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    True to that, it’s all about money. Yet Blizzard has been very silent about upcoming allied races which makes me wonder why. Either they didn’t decide yet how many BfA will still have / who it will be or they just are silent about it to prevent drama by players disliking them in advance.
    My first bet would be that Blizzard wanted us to meet the mechagnomes before any announcement, to avoid players rejecting them in advance. That’s why they also introduced a comic about them just before 8.2. If that’s the case, the races could be out as early as 8.2.5, thought it seems unlikely so far.

Another possibility is that they may be waiting Blizzcon to announce all future allied races (I guess four total) at once, and some of these may still be in the early stages of development.
    Whatever...

7+ Year Old Account
    I think they'll announce the next pair of AR when they reveal 8.3

Formerly known as Arafal

5+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of allied races. If we kill Azshara. Like really kill in 8.3 or next expansion. Who will lead the Naga? We don't really have prominent naga people left.

5+ Year Old Account
    My first bet would be that Blizzard wanted us to meet the mechagnomes before any announcement, to avoid players rejecting them in advance. That’s why they also introduced a comic about them just before 8.2. If that’s the case, the races could be out as early as 8.2.5, thought it seems unlikely so far.

Another possibility is that they may be waiting Blizzcon to announce all future allied races (I guess four total) at once, and some of these may still be in the early stages of development.
    Like the Preorder 4 Allied Races but now could be the last 4 allied races all at once.... i like it sounds amazing probably vulpera mechagnomes and 2 from the next expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Speaking of allied races. If we kill Azshara. Like really kill in 8.3 or next expansion. Who will lead the Naga? We don't really have prominent naga people left.
    Whatever No-name naga manages to take up control, or they splinter into all their factions.

The Naga are evil void lizards, we don't want them to have a leader, we want them to dissipate.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by js3915 View Post
    I am legitmately curious on how accurate leaks have been from the past on certain leaking websites???

I cant help to think anything from a place like 4chan is accurate then again if they get something right a lot then suppose the accuracy is higher than not?
    I can't tell. That Legion leak was actually posted in our 7.0 speculation thread. I'm not sure if it has been posted anywhere else. They guy pretty much nailed every detail, but all he got was snarky comments. Mostly because of demon hunters. Funnily enough, there is an image out there from a guy who quoted that leak with a "Haha, as if" - comment. However, when the picture was taken, Legion had already been announced for a while and the guy had an Illidan Avatar and name changed to "Legion" or something like that.
    Probably not as funny as it sounds, but back then it was hilarious.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Whatever No-name naga manages to take up control, or they splinter into all their factions.

The Naga are evil void lizards, we don't want them to have a leader, we want them to dissipate.
    Speak for yourself. I would be happy to have a faction of evil void lizards we can fight against. Or if they can solve it in a manner that isn't super disappointing, a faction of slightly ill tempered void lizards we can play as.

We can't just fight jelous voidwalkers who don't even exist in this dimension.

Speak for yourself. I would be happy to have a faction of evil void lizards we can fight against. Or if they can solve it in a manner that isn't super disappointing, a faction of slightly ill tempered void lizards we can play as.

We can't just fight jelous voidwalkers who don't even exist in this dimension.
    The only 2 big-name naga i can think of would be Skar'this the heretic for friendly naga, or Nar'jira for hostile naga.
    So i guess there is that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Speak for yourself.
    I'm speaking from a lore point of view, not from my own.

Imo i'd like they sticked around longer.

Formerly known as Arafal

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I'm speaking from a lore point of view, not from my own.
    Okay. Fair enough. Although if I were one of the good guys I would prefer Naga to have some sort of central authority. A disorganized mob is harder to fight against cause they don't have a chain of command or a plan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    I think a safe assumption are the classic Gnome classes: Mage, Rogue, Warlock, Warrior and Hunter.
    Priest is also likely, as even Gnome Priests are considered more Medics than Light worshippers. Might be threatened if Tinker has a healing spec.
    Death Knights only if other post-Cata races also get that option in the next expansion.
    Monk is possible, because the previous Allied Races also got it - in fact, only Goblins and Worgen cannot be Monks, and I expect even that to change either in 8.2.5 or 9.0
    Either way, easy way to give Mechagnomes a healer class.

In short, "the same or less class options as Gnome" would be the most likely outcome. Kinda like Highmountain, Lightforged and Void Elves.
    Thanks, you bring up some good points. I hadn't thought about the medic approach to Priests, but it makes a ton of sense. I tend to agree with you on the Goblin/Worgen being Monks thing...I suspect we'll see that change in 9.0 alongside Night Elf Paladins and a few other combos.

My personal guess is that they wanted to keep it to an 8.2.5 thing in order not to give any sort of spoilers. While it seems obvious to most of us that the Mechagnomes are coming as an allied race, they might have wanted to preserve the shroud of secrecy. Plus, they already had another cool announcement for 8.2.5 in the form of the Worgen/Goblin updates, so it wasn't super necessary to give that part away.

Plus if they are supposed to largely be x.y.5 content as I personally suspect, keeping them secret until the patch announcement gives a certain extra spot of excitement an x.y.5 patch otherwise wouldn't have.

When do you guys think 8.2.5 will hit the PTR? I am just really curious about what they are putting in it other than Goblin and Worgen stuff.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    When do you guys think 8.2.5 will hit the PTR? I am just really curious about what they are putting in it other than Goblin and Worgen stuff.
    I'm thinking late august and they have confirmed these things

Goblin and Worgen new models
    Goblin and Worgen heritage armor
    New AI brawl
    Brewfest update
    (Possible allied races as well)
    Last edited by Fawkess; 2019-07-17 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    Brewfest update
    This is in 8.2 already.

I think 8.2.5 will have:

- A new Warfront, with new mechanics and some twist
    - Continuation of war campaign, containing: who killed Vol'jin and appointed Sylvanas as warchief, a "Defense of Thunderbluff" scenario, Sylvanas endgame being partially revealed.
    - Updates to some old world areas with World Quests (probably Mul'gore and/or wherever is the new Warfront).
    - 15th year Anniversary and Winter Veil stuff

Aaaaaand (maybe) Allied races: Mechagnome and Vulpera.
    Or maybe some new unlockable character customization for old races (like night warrior or belf golden eyes).
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2019-07-17 at 03:18 AM.
    Whatever...

7+ Year Old Account
    This is in 8.2 already.

I think 8.2.5 will have:

- A new Warfront, with new mechanics and some twist
    - Continuation of war campaign, containing: who killed Vol'jin and appointed Sylvanas as warchief, a "Defense of Thunderbluff" scenario, Sylvanas endgame being partially revealed.
    - 15th year Anniversary and Winter Veil stuff

Aaaaaand (maybe) Allied races: Mechagnome and Vulpera.
    Or maybe some new unlockable character customization for old races (like night warrior or belf golden eyes).
    True I was just thinking its more attached to 8.2.5 since it will probably launch around then

And a new warfront while cool seems like a large addition for a .5 patch no?
    Last edited by Fawkess; 2019-07-17 at 03:20 AM.