I only expect 8.3 if its gonna be nzoth.

Else: no.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Do we have any indication that when compressed there is a difference in data per second of video between the realistic ones and the ones created with ingame assets? (guess you could compare how large an average second is of the Lordaeron battle cinematic in the game files)
    This, or can the file sizes be compared?

Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    I disagree on the murdering without a purpose, there was definitely a purpose in both actions especially Theramore.

I'm 100% with you and you're spot on the other points. I noticed it too, and it's very frustrating that they pretty blatantly recycled the storyline. Reminds me of how some of the recent Star Wars movies did the same. Wow is such a huge canvas that there's no need to recycle plots with different names like that.
    I'm curious to see how they're trying to redeem this mess.

"Sylvanas was obsessed by Helya and had no control over her actions" - calling it now.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    This, or can the file sizes be compared?
    I mean, they only have similar run times, and when you take the blizzard logo off them they lose several seconds. It is the final chapter in the campaign, it will have a cinematic.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I'm curious to see how they're trying to redeem this mess.

"Sylvanas was obsessed by Helya and had no control over her actions" - calling it now.
    I'll take "She was doing it because of a vision of Azeroth's impending death by N'Zoth" for 500.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    I mean, they only have similar run times, and when you take the blizzard logo off them they lose several seconds. It is the final chapter in the campaign, it will have a cinematic.
    The wow logos at the beginning and end of Old Soldier take up almost 30 seconds of the 6:22 runtime. I'm still on the new cinematic train personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rae888 View Post
    The wow logos at the beginning and end of Old Soldier take up almost 30 seconds of the 6:22 runtime. I'm still on the new cinematic train personally.
    Yeah, same here.

I mean, we had a middle of the storyline cinematic, a beginning cinematic and several other sprinkled in between, I do not see how the existence of an ending cinematic is even up for debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I'll take "She was doing it because of a vision of Azeroth's impending death by N'Zoth" for 500.
    And what's wrong with that explanation, exactly? I mean, literally everything is "predictable" if you think hard enough about it.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    And what's wrong with that explanation, exactly? I mean, literally everything is "predictable" if you think hard enough about it.
    Well I'm the person who wanted her strung up as a raid boss after Gilneas so any kind of redemption arc for Sylvanas is gonna get an "ugh" from me.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Well I'm the person who wanted her strung up as a raid boss after Gilneas so any kind of redemption arc for Sylvanas is gonna get an "ugh" from me.
    My money is on sylvannas running away, or making herself way too useful to be killed, like, I don't know, some magic mumbo jumbo and she becomes the living lock that keep nzoth away.

My money is on sylvannas running away, or making herself way too useful to be killed, like, I don't know, some magic mumbo jumbo and she becomes the living lock that keep nzoth away.
    Great so she's not only Garrosh 2.0, she's Illidan 2.0 as well.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Predicting something doesn't mean its bad.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    Maybe another secret coming our way. The long forgotten hippogryph was added in legion after ten years as a secret.
    Or maybe its related to the anniversary event. Can't imagine they just add it to a vendor.
    If they do add it in, I'm going to assume it's at least slightly going to make a nod/reference to the original way people theorized it was obtainable-the myth, basically, which if I recall was to wall jump somewhere in Stranglethorn to get to a cave where it would be available from an npc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Great so she's not only Garrosh 2.0, she's Illidan 2.0 as well.
    Hey, I'm not saying it's a good, or original, resolution. It's just an example that pulled out of my ass. But it is better than having everyone forgive her and at least it would be an interesting way to develop characters, how tyrande and genn would react by having their vengeance denied AND having to kinda hope for her safety. How would the horde deal with her? How will baine let the characters walk all over him now? Idk, just an idea.

Yeah, same here.

I mean, we had a middle of the storyline cinematic, a beginning cinematic and several other sprinkled in between, I do not see how the existence of an ending cinematic is even up for debate.
    100%. Its the damn end theres no way we don't get a cinematic.

But also I'm on my phone at work so cant do much searching but on top of my head I can't remember any cinematic starting with blizzard logo and the ending logo to have been ever added ingame. Does anyone know one? I might be wrong but I can't recall any of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    Ouch, I would hate that. But I could easily see them spreading the story out over several weeks. The question is: do they want us to have the big reveal PRIOR to BlizzCon, DURING BlizzCon, or AFTER?

To me, it makes the most sense that we see it all before BlizzCon so they can come out swinging with news about 9.0, without having to hold back.

Update:

Although that said, it wouldn't surprise me if 8.2.5 ended on a massive cliffhanger that is resolved in the 9.0 announcement trailer or cinematic at BlizzCon.
    I could totally see a cliffhanger as the official end point for 8.2.5. Stir up some excitement, get some interest going. Could be something to be resolved in 8.3 as well.

I do suspect even if they do space it out, we get the big reveal pre-Blizzcon as a way to drum up some marketing excitement.

--------------------------

EDIT: Question on the cinematic - Is there any chance Blizz would have added in Old Soldier as a temporary file to set their cinematic call in place and/or deter dataminers from finding the real information? Or is that not something they'd likely do?
    Last edited by AngerFork; 2019-09-12 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Thoughts on cinematic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 13last View Post
    100%. Its the damn end theres no way we don't get a cinematic.

But also I'm on my phone at work so cant do much searching but on top of my head I can't remember any cinematic starting with blizzard logo and the ending logo to have been ever added ingame. Does anyone know one? I might be wrong but I can't recall any of them.
    The Harbinger ones if I'm not mistaken right? But that is about it. And even when they were added, they removed the logos for obvious reasons.

i always considered the heart of azeroth storylines to be the main storyline.

all this faction war shit can never even be referenced again in the future, and it'd please me. at least it finally seems to be over, for now.

The war campaign ending in 8.2.5 also works with the notion that any changes to how factions work (if it happens) might be coming in 8.3 or 8.3.5 instead of 9.0.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rae888 View Post
    The war campaign ending in 8.2.5 also works with the notion that any changes to how factions work (if it happens) might be coming in 8.3 or 8.3.5 instead of 9.0.
    I've long thought that the final "Allied Race" of BfA was going to be the other faction. That is, Horde would have Alliance races as choices and vice versa.

Would make for a fantastic throw-in to whatever pre-order bonuses might be getting set up already
    Last edited by AngerFork; 2019-09-12 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Better language choices