Quote Originally Posted by ilgynoth View Post
    Patch 8.2.5 will be released on the 1. october. It will be time gated for 4 weeks, every weekly reset more content will become available.
    With the last weekly reset on 29.10 we will see this big ass Cinematic, right before Blizzcon where 8.3 and a new trailer for the next xpac will be revealed.
    Thats my guess
    Exactly what I said a little earlier. Great minds think alike.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Literally all their other IPs.

Including potential new IPs, tho i doubt we are getting any.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    you serious right?
    Starcraft's dead, Heroes is on life support, and unless Overwatch 2 is a different type of game (I'm thinking a Borderlands clone), it'd kill the original.
    Diablo Immortal would harm the brand without D4 there to run damage control, Hearthstone is reliable but minor, and Classic won't ever get any brand-new content.

That leaves retail WoW and the possibility of surprises.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Starcraft's dead, Heroes is on life support, and unless Overwatch 2 is a different type of game (I'm thinking a Borderlands clone), it'd kill the original.
    Diablo Immortal would harm the brand without D4 there to run damage control, Hearthstone is reliable but minor, and Classic won't ever get any brand-new content.

That leaves retail WoW and the possibility of surprises.
    D4 is p. big. Im going to bet there is also more than just d4 too.

Yeah it makes sense to have - if there's any - the 8.2.5 final cinematic short before Blizzcon. Yet it's very strange to have both 8.3 and 9.0 reveal around the same time. Maybe 8.3 and 9.0 are so similar or 8.3 is so much affecting 9.0 (we lose against N'zoth in 8.3 and 9.0 is the Black Empire expansion) that it makes sense to pair them.

FYI: this wouldn't have worked with 7.3 and 8.0 though. It would have worked with 6.2 and 7.0. And to some extent with 5.4 and 6.0.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, I am still expecting Blizzard to launch their very own Fortnite/Apex clone in the same regard as they did DotA/LoL with Heroes. Why? Because a) fast money and b) no need for creativity.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Yeah it makes sense to have - if there's any - the 8.2.5 final cinematic short before Blizzcon. Yet it's very strange to have both 8.3 and 9.0 reveal around the same time. Maybe 8.3 and 9.0 are so similar or 8.3 is so much affecting 9.0 (we lose against N'zoth in 8.3 and 9.0 is the Black Empire expansion) that it makes sense to pair them.

FYI: this wouldn't have worked with 7.3 and 8.0 though. It would have worked with 6.2 and 7.0. And to some extent with 5.4 and 6.0.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, I am still expecting Blizzard to launch their very own Fortnite/Apex clone in the same regard as they did DotA/LoL with Heroes. Why? Because a) fast money and b) no need for creativity.
    I think this must be it. End patch and next expansion very intertwined so it may make sense to announce both and how they link. I just wonder how that would work with the WoW panels. I'd assume the patch would be glossed over somewhat and most info will be about the new expansion.

I'd still hope 8.3 just goes on the ptr pre Blizzcon.
    Last edited by Sarkol; 2019-09-16 at 07:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    More info on WC3 Reforged obviously but yeah there's plenty of stuff at Blizzcon, its called that for a reason.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    More info on WC3 Reforged obviously but yeah there's plenty of stuff at Blizzcon, its called that for a reason.
    I'd forgotten that even existed.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    I'd forgotten that even existed.
    Lol, I've also forgotten that I have pre-ordered that almost a year ago

Gonna be funny when 8.2.5's War Campaign finale is as disappointing as the rest of the War Campaign and people will ask, why was there a need at all to encrypt this stuff and create an artificial drought for 3 and a half months?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    LOL yeah after last year's Blizzcon this argument falls a bit flat. Nevermind, I expect a lot from this year's Blizzcon though.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    Party Sync will become available when the upcoming 8.2.5 content update goes live in the next few months.
    Looks like we're not getting 8.2.5 anytime soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Matticus777 View Post
    Looks like we're not getting 8.2.5 anytime soon...
    We already got a blue post confirming it was a typo, and they meant ot say weeks.

Blizzcon PREDICTION:

1. Overwatch 2 - X new heros, new levels, upgraded graphics, launch on all systems including Switch soon
    2. Warcraft III: Reforged - Exciting, perhaps previously unannounced content(maybe Warcraft IV announced)
    3. Diablo 4 announced
    4. Some surprise new(perhaps mobile) game or patch releasing at the time of announcement(maybe new diablo 3 patch/expansion)
    5. New Xpak reveal for WoW, removing factions, major overhaul to systems, also coming to next gen consoles, and end of BFA/xpak transition details(new xpak with be Arthas heavy)

I think they will come out to wow us this Blizzcon. They will try to over-correct from last year with a huge content dump. Just a prediction/guess. This is based on absolutely no evidence, just guessing.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2019-09-16 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Blizzcon PREDICTION:

1. Overwatch 2 - X new heros, new levels, upgraded graphics, launch on all systems including Switch soon
    2. Warcraft III: Reforged - Exciting, perhaps previously unannounced content(maybe Warcraft IV)
    3. Diablo 4 announced
    4. Some surprise new(perhaps mobile) game or patch releasing at the time of announcement
    5. New Xpak reveal for WoW, removing factions, major overhaul to systems, also coming to next gen consoles, and end of BFA/xpak transition details

I think they will come out to wow us this Blizzcon. They will try to over-correct from last year with a huge content dump. Just a prediction.
    lets make a bet. I say they wont remove factions, ever. 100%
    Last edited by ilgynoth; 2019-09-16 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Blizzcon PREDICTION:

2. Warcraft III: Reforged - Exciting, perhaps previously unannounced content(maybe Warcraft IV announced)
    3. Diablo 4 announced
    4. Some surprise new(perhaps mobile) game or patch releasing at the time of announcement
    5. New Xpak reveal for WoW, removing factions, major overhaul to systems, also coming to next gen consoles, and end of BFA/xpak transition details(new xpak with be Arthas heavy)

I think they will come out to wow us this Blizzcon. They will try to over-correct from last year with a huge content dump. Just a prediction.
    Personally I don't think there will be THAT much, but I definitely agree that it would be prudent for them to wipe away the memory of last year's Blizzcon/post-Blizzcon antics.

Quote Originally Posted by ilgynoth View Post
    lets make a bet. I say they wont remove factions, ever. 100%
    No bet, lol. It's just a guess. I hope they do though.

they wont coz one of the first things people ask about when they hear someone plays wow, its what faction

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    they wont coz one of the first things people ask about when they hear someone plays wow, its what faction
    True. They would need to be bold and confident in the decision(even if it is the wrong one). Playing it safe means sticking to what has worked. However, I wish they would be bold in some areas, no matter what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    We already got a blue post confirming it was a typo, and they meant ot say weeks.
    Phew! That's great news, thanks!

removing factions =/= making players neutral.