This basically confirms the bluepost from the forum that there's no news coming before Blizzcon.

And this just makes me believe more that the WoW news are more than just 8.3 or 9.0. I think there will be a sub model / another huge change for WoW. If it's just the generic expansion announcement and 8.3 exists it makes no sense to delay its announcement so much.

If we think about it: what huge / massives changes could be made to WoW or it's business / expansion model?
    Last edited by Nyel; 2019-09-28 at 12:38 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    clearly just 8.3 and nothing more
    Didn't you get the memo? 8.3 is cancelled!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Is that some kind of secret tweet because when I click it there's nothing.
    Fixed, sorry.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Didn't you get the memo? 8.3 is cancelled!
    oh shit its true, then we will not have 8.3 neither 9.0 on blizzcon, hope we all have phones then
    This basically confirms the bluepost from the forum that there's no news coming before Blizzcon.

And this just makes me believe more that the WoW news are more than just 8.3 or 9.0. I think there will be a sub model or another huge change for WoW,
    end subscriptions would be the pipe dream, but with classic i doubt.

i think there is more info about wc3 reforged(maybe the wc2 dlc), wow mobile, but to have that much hype they gonna be bold somehow

maybe they are going for the classic+ with more stories like an alternate reality, or going heavy on the 9,0 with world revamp and factions/revamp

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Ji is on horde ship too, wants to punch dinos.
    That's not doing something, sadly. Did Blizzard even get their VAs to record any lines? I was expecting the pandaren contribution to the war would be helping to end it with peace talks or something, but they do nothing at the same time Blizzard adds more allied races to have to share screentime.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Personally guessing: full world revamp (but not Outlands/Northrend), faction barriers going down with WM pvp toggle (Factions staying but language barriers/grouping barriers removed, MAYBE cities opened to everyone) and classes overhauled entirely.

Personally guessing: full world revamp (but not Outlands/Northrend), faction barriers going down with WM pvp toggle (Factions staying but language barriers/grouping barriers removed, MAYBE cities opened to everyone) and classes overhauled entirely.
    That's not really massive imho. Class reworks are usually part of every expansion (minus BfA), removing faction barriers is just another "feature" (similar to scaling or the new group questing stuff) and a world revamp was done in Cataclysm, too. This would make it just a bigger expansion in the end (akin to MoP or Legion when it comes to features and Cataclysm when it comes to scope). I mean that's what I expect at the bare minimum. Class reworks are a given and the world revamp... it's time. In the end I agree with you, all of that should be part of the next expansion.

That's why I think things like that are not enough to justify this "secrecy" and hype and there is something bigger for WoW coming. Something bigger than just the usual expansion cycle. I mean they're hyping quite a bit (althoug all of the 8.2.5 was unjustified) and if they don't deliver something epic they'll burn themselves (and I don't expect them to do that after last year's Blizzcon).
    Last edited by Nyel; 2019-09-28 at 12:56 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I've been numbed to the claims of the devs ever since the 'sylvanas is morally grey' and 'you'll be surprised at who burned teldrassil' lies which they clearly invented to manipulate the fans despite their actual intentions

I've been disappointed by Blizzard too many times already, I won't get any hype until I see the stuff.

And this just makes me believe more that the WoW news are more than just 8.3 or 9.0. I think there will be a sub model / another huge change for WoW. If it's just the generic expansion announcement and 8.3 exists it makes no sense to delay its announcement so much.

If we think about it: what huge / massives changes could be made to WoW or it's business / expansion model?
    10 man mythic raiding. With the lack of people nowadays this could be something hugely benefitial

Quote Originally Posted by ragon112 View Post
    I've been numbed to the claims of the devs ever since the 'sylvanas is morally grey' and 'you'll be surprised at who burned teldrassil' lies which they clearly invented to manipulate the fans despite their actual intentions
    Both of these claims are about the story, which isn't nearly as important as the actual game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragon112 View Post
    They said Azeroth is a world of grey not Sylvanas herself. Sylvanas wasn't mentioned in that q&A(I just watched it) relating to morally grey. Which technically he's correct its more nuanced(Azeroth and its conflicts not necessarily some characters like Sylvanas). Also lets not read too deeply in what Holinka said....the game's model isn't going to change too dramatically.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Both of these claims are about the story, which isn't nearly as important as the actual game.
    The story is the main reason I enjoy playing the game. Everyone has their own reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I mean, give it a week or two before actually asking that question. They're still hot-fixing 8.2.5 for heaven's sake.
    Honestly, with Blizzcon in less than a month by the stated timeline that you're saying, it makes little sense to announce it at that point. They just'll wait the couple of weeks.

October will have the Blizzcon ingame goodies and a few other things.

5+ Year Old Account
    Considering Holinka is lead of the class team, and he is refering to his own team, then I think we can conclude that wee are getting some pretty big class reworks.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMagicc View Post
    Considering Holinka is lead of the class team, and he is refering to his own team, then I think we can conclude that wee are getting some pretty big class reworks.
    Or a double new class announcement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Or a double new class announcement.
    Yeah.... Me not so sure about that. The class reworks is more obvious to me IMO based on past things Ion said. We'll find out though.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Dark Tinkromancers confirmed.

Pretty certain we're gonna get Necromancers next expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    i just hope they don't ditch allied races or new aces until 10.0

still waiting my damn ogres.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Yeah.... Me not so sure about that. The class reworks is more obvious to me IMO based on past things Ion said. We'll find out though.
    Shrug. Art team has been putting out great work forever, and art is the major difference between a new class and revamps. If they are going to revamp 30+ specs, what is another 4-6 rather than another 2-3? Is 41 specs so much more than 39?