7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    By the way am I the only one hoping Tyrande and the Night Elves finally join the fight?
    and what they were doing in darkshore?

the less elves the better the story goes

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

Same with orcs and humans as well.

Plenty of other races could use the attention.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post

but not elves, they are worse than those 2 by far

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post

Can't leave any vanilla races out, it just pushes the problem onto other races. I feel like that topic is now ad nauseum.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Still waiting for something... Idk what but something...
    I AM MY SCARS!
    -Illidan, Legion.

I have a feeling the encrypted cinematics are going to be Lost Honour and Old Soldier. The runtimes are too similar for them to be anything different.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yes, majority of players.
    I have no idea about majorities. But i would like to have the ability to control a large vulture in 8.2.5 which eats Nathanos dead corpse.

And i believe that Sylvanas will play the major role in the next expac. Becoming the next big evil. With Xal'atath being the new frostmourne, but this time filled with N'Zoths power, and not Ner'zuls Power.
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

They were defensive. I am talking about fierce, offensive, aggressive Night Elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Sylvanas, Alleria and Vereesa are such an interesting trio yet Blizzard totally refuses to use them in game.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangreflamme View Post
    Still waiting for something... Idk what but something...
    I feel like we're all waiting to see what happens at the end of the War Campaign. That is going to be what sets everything into proper focus with 8.3 and 9.0.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    They were defensive. I am talking about fierce, offensive, aggressive Night Elves.
    thts not defensive, thts an attackto retake darkshore

Sylvanas, Alleria and Vereesa are such an interesting trio yet Blizzard totally refuses to use them in game.
    use then to die yesd, 3 crap characters that have a boner for humans

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think there are two possibilities. Either Sylvanas succeeds, at least partly, on her grand plan which makes her the villain of the next xpac, or she ends up failing and is send to the Shadowlands or something similar and we can then quest with her as a neutral character when she can be of use.
    Yeah, while i think the hints are towards an evil Sylvanas. On the other hand, Blizzard really could surprise us.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Skinner View Post
    I have no idea about majorities. But i would like to have the ability to control a large vulture in 8.2.5 which eats Nathanos dead corpse.

And i believe that Sylvanas will play the major role in the next expac. Becoming the next big evil. With Xal'atath being the new frostmourne, but this time filled with N'Zoths power, and not Ner'zuls Power.
    Pretty sure Nathanos won't survive this expansion and neither will one of the major Alliance characters. Most likely Genn.

Pretty sure Nathanos won't survive this expansion and neither will one of the major Alliance characters. Most likely Genn.
    Well, Genn is a race leader. Nathanos isnt, he is the champion of Sylvanas. Also i do not think Blizzard makes a dead body count consideration per faction. So it could be very likely it is just Nathanos being killed, and Sylvanas fleeing.

The only Alliance character I could see dying in BfA is Jaina, and that's just because she has been the focus of the Alliance narrative. No other character got any kind of development that would make its death something bittersweet and meaningful. Genn dies, and so what? Feels like a death for a death's sake.

Compare Horde. Saurfang may die, and that makes a lot of sense. Baine could die, and it would have narrative importance. Nathanos dies? Cool, he's been a major player in all BfA. Sylvanas dies? Well, everyone and their dog is kind of expecting that.

That's one of the problems with Alliance narrative. It feels stale. Few characters are developed at the same time, the faction mostly reacts to things and lacks inner turmoil.

Besides Jaina, what Alliance characters could die in BfA? Anduin? Ok. Tyrande? Maybe. Malfurion? Maybe. Mathias Shaw? Well, he's the only other character present in all patches and in many cinematics, but he's pretty minor. All of those choices could happen, but lack impact. Tyrande dies, and her arc seems wasted. Anduin dies, and he has done nothing noteworthy. And so on.

Of course, Blizzard may choose to kill someone just for shock. It would not be the first time (Vol'jin is a good example) and it may be to seed a future story rather than fulfill an arc in BfA. But it wouldn't feel like an interesting death. Compare Vol'jin's death to Varian's and you'll know what I mean.
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't need inner turmoil, thats just stuff the Horde deals with, its lazy.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    We don't need inner turmoil, thats just stuff the Horde deals with, its lazy.
    Without conflict there's no story. Alliance conflict is almost always external. Horde is more nuanced, as it has a variety of external and internal threats to face.
    You don't need a tyrant High King. Having nations disagree in a matter can be enough to spawn interesting storylines.
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Without conflict there's no story. Alliance conflict is almost always external. Horde is more nuanced, as it has a variety of external and internal threats to face.
    You don't need a tyrant High King. Having nations disagree in a matter can be enough to spawn interesting storylines.
    We don't need the Alliance acting like the Horde. Actually develop characters not just create conflict for the sake of conflict.

Warrior-Magi

Well, Genn is a race leader. Nathanos isnt, he is the champion of Sylvanas. Also i do not think Blizzard makes a dead body count consideration per faction. So it could be very likely it is just Nathanos being killed, and Sylvanas fleeing.
    Trolls: Remember when we had a racial leader?
    Orcs: No

Anyway, typically killing off a character has a narrative function of creating drama or tension for the other characters. Sylvanas supposedly likes Nathanos? But we really haven't seen much of that established & he certainly doesn't mean anything to any other characters so I don't think anyone's going to die because this expansion was our roster of characters simply spinning their wheels in the sand so to speak

I know yet Genn is the only one I see potentially dying. Jaina is like Khadgar, she won't die. She's a Vanilla relict and the best Alliance character, she's the connection to the Horde - she won't die.

Nathanos has run its course I don't think he gets an emancipation from Sylvanas like ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    We don't need the Alliance acting like the Horde. Actually develop characters not just create conflict for the sake of conflict.
    Tyrande pulling support for Anduin because he was too busy getting revenge for Darnasus to *checks notes* get revenge for Darnasus.

Everyone's a big dummy in this "War Campaign" and I can't wait for it to be over.