PTR has been down for quite some time now, any news from the datamining-side?

Quote Originally Posted by alosiboy View Post
    Would not put much stock into a PTR update, we hae already got one this week. And we will probably see one same time next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    You’re part of the reason God doesn’t talk to us anymore.
    owo

i might even make it a male, for that extra rage induction.

Quote Originally Posted by alosiboy View Post
    Nope, kind of surprising it's almost been down for a day now. They're either working on another patch and/or something went horribly wrong.

I mean there is barely anything to do on the ptr.

The lack of communication leaves a bitter taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    The lack of communication leaves a bitter taste.
    Who expected something else? I mean honestly, it's been this the whole of BfA. Why is anyone surprised.

Another note: just watched one of Bellular's newer videos and he pretty much summed up 8.2: many people don't care anymore. It's exactly that. I was so hyped for Azshara and Nazjatar and at the moment I couldn't be less interested in 8.2. It's not because 8.2 is bad but because BfA and recent Blizzard left such a bad taste in my mouth that I couldn't care less for the game. The last time I had this phase was WoD were it lasted from 6.1 to basically the 7.0 pre patch.

It's hard to describe but it will be a hell of a job for Blizzard to retain the community trust they slowly build after WoD in Legion but completely lost in BfA again. I've never seen less interest in WoW online than at the moment. Never. Not even during WoD's toughest times.

Do you think Bellular is right on this?
    Last edited by Nyel; 2019-04-27 at 05:32 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

"When servers are down this long, a new build is in the works to be pushed. This far in, I assume the new build will introduce the Mechagon dungeon, and more quests. Most people who started testing when 8.2 PTR went online have already reached Honored." Just from a random poster, but I hope it's gonna be the offical version.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did it ever come back up? If not I'm expecting a new build Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Another note: just watched one of Bellular's newer videos and he pretty much summed up 8.2: many people don't care anymore.
    With respect to 8.2, after fuming internally and then kind of burning out on class issues (accept that nothing much will change, there will be a couple of things that are nice to have but not more than that), I care about the following things in it: (a) bodyguards, (b) quest lines in Nazjatar, (c) Timeless-Isle-like properties of Mechagon, and (d) the flying unlock. Everything except the flying unlock might turn out to be nothing much. Zero hype, obviously.

- - - Updated - - -

Added: yes, changes to azerite are in the "don't care" bucket. So, by my criteria of success that I set before that 8.2 reveal -- which was "make my spec at least as interesting as it was during Legion" -- 8.2 is a failure. The above is trying to capture what little good it may still have.
    Last edited by rda; 2019-04-27 at 05:45 AM.

It's hard to describe but it will be a hell of a job for Blizzard to retain the community trust they slowly build after WoD in Legion but completely lost in BfA again. I've never seen less interest in WoW online than at the moment. Never. Not even during WoD's toughest times.
    When i did world quests yesterday, i saw more people than ever before doing world quests. At some point, it seemed like expansion start, where 20-30 people waited for a rare mob to spawn.

If anecdotal evidence is worth something, it seems to me that BFA is really successfull currently.

Exactly, all this "people lose interest" is very anecdotal. While it's safe to assume that people overall play less, it's more likely due to the age of the game, and more importantly, the age of the players. I've had several friends reduce their playtime or quit because of RL obligations - which is of course anecdotal, as well.
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2019-04-27 at 08:56 AM.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    I would like if they added Vulpera as a Allied Race for Horde, and maybe those fish creatures for the other faction...
    You can have your creepy furry fetish dont put those fucking fishsticks on us

Quote Originally Posted by Mnemicmustdie View Post
    You can have your creepy furry fetish dont put those fucking fishsticks on us
    Calm down Kanye.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    When i did world quests yesterday, i saw more people than ever before doing world quests. At some point, it seemed like expansion start, where 20-30 people waited for a rare mob to spawn.

If anecdotal evidence is worth something, it seems to me that BFA is really successfull currently.
    No, it means absolutely nothing. even if WoW had only 2 whole servers of playerbase playing cross server and sharding would make sure those players are phased in the same event making it seemingly populated even though relatively close to no one would be playing the game. So when you see people out in the world it doesn't stand as an indicator of how many people are playing the game in any way.

I haven't had this many friends quit since forever, only one of them is currently playing myself excluded. And I've heard the same from many different people playing different content. If I had to bet my money I'd say wow has the least amount of players than ever.
    Last edited by Frogly; 2019-04-27 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogly View Post
    No, it means absolutely nothing. even if WoW had only 2 whole servers of playerbase playing cross server and sharding would make sure those players are phased in the same event making it seemingly populated even though relatively close to no one would be playing the game. So when you see people out in the world it doesn't stand as an indicator of how many people are playing the game in any way.
    But the content of the most recent expac is not cross servered yet.

Who expected something else? I mean honestly, it's been this the whole of BfA. Why is anyone surprised.

Another note: just watched one of Bellular's newer videos and he pretty much summed up 8.2: many people don't care anymore. It's exactly that. I was so hyped for Azshara and Nazjatar and at the moment I couldn't be less interested in 8.2. It's not because 8.2 is bad but because BfA and recent Blizzard left such a bad taste in my mouth that I couldn't care less for the game. The last time I had this phase was WoD were it lasted from 6.1 to basically the 7.0 pre patch.

Do you think Bellular is right on this?
    I have to agree with a lot of this. Right now, I'm very bored with the game. The only thing that has gotten me to play BFA actively are the Allied races and/or unlocking them. Since they don't seem interested in announcing the next allied race, I don't really have much interest lately. Hell, for most people, that isn't even going to matter to them.

There's a good chance I'll pass on 8.2, but I'll probably come back in 8.2.5 if they do in fact release another allied race, or something significant happens in the story that actually interests me or something. I'd probably just play for a month and then quit again, but hey... it's something.

The irony is that I like BFA. Or at least, I like the story, aside from the nonsensical Alliance vs Horde story with Sylvanas feeling like a Saturday Morning Cartoon villain and Anduin feeling like the counterpart, as a one-dimensional good guy. BFA would have been better if the story played out naturally into full war at no direct fault of either faction, both being led by leaders with complex, non-selfish (looking at Sylvanas, here) motives that simply want to protect their faction from annihilation after what happened with Legion's aftermath. But I mean, I don't exactly have high standards for Blizzard's storytelling anymore.

I mean, I really like Kul Tiras and Zandalar, they are probably my favorite zones/continents added to the game since Mists of Pandaria or even WotLK. Their stories are outstanding. Blizzard was sitting on a gold mine with this expansion and squandered it with poor game systems and an overly drawn out, boring game. Most of the time Blizzard will fix major problems by x.2 for expansions. We'll see if they succeed in 8.2, but I'm not holding my breath.

Anyways, I digress... at this point I'm just watching for allied races, and eventually even that isn't going to be enough to keep me playing.

Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    But the content of the most recent expac is not cross servered yet.
    it is cross server

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Yeee, all those months of special animations, armor and lore setup is now debunked by an alleged icon change.
    Same as for Sethrak, Troggs, Ogres, VampireElf

and still

People who think this Brewfest icon thing is a red herring are in denial. Vulpera are coming next as an AR, and this is just another Cataclysm Hallow's End Masks scenario.