Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Atwaru View Post
    @Azurfel if that's the case it's pretty good. What quest, flavor text or NPC dialogue had that in it? It's important for me and I'm really sorry if I don't remember it. It's also a huge difference between not being reflected in game (Gelbin not walking around Orgrimmar and forces not actually disappearing from Ashenvale) and not being in game. The strongest impression from SoO was obviously the final cinematic and it's definitely not in that cinematic. While I can see that something can be cannon if it's in a book it's pretty poor if certain things aren't in the game as well, this would be one of those occasions because the majority of people probably don't read them and it's not like Blizzard has some dialog that tells you to go read book X in order to fill a gap at some point. Blizzard really could do a lot to improve their handling of "out of game media".
    It was all ingame by way of Gelbin, Tyrande, and Varian's post-cinematic gossip dialogue in SoO, and the Ashenvale aspects are/were reflected in the War of Thorns event (to a limited degree matching the event's very limited scope), as well as A Good War and Elegy.

Sadly horde races are superior in every aspect, so there isn't way to alliance win wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Just another Alliance jerkoff thread by this guy. Cause Siege of Orgrimmar never happened /eyeroll.
    I guess a Siege of Stormwind raid would balance things a bit?

Horde favoritism has been clear at Blizzard for a long time. We don't need some inside information from people working there - just playing the game for so long it's clear enough.

The Night Elves are all but wiped out, and we get some beutifully created fully rendered video.. . about how sad the HORDE feel about it. Like.. fuck what the Night Elves feel or how they're coping. Their whole race was fridged to drive the Horde story

I really wouldn't mind if it's uneven. One side being victorious more often can happen. The problem is the utter idiocy the Alliance always shows all the time to make the story. Blizzard continually write them as ineffective morons. Look at the Battle for Lordearon - Without Jaina timeley showing up from nowhere, the entire Alliance AND its leaders would have been wiped out before even breaching the gate. like wtf. And even after the battle Sylvanas just plaguebombs us again and flies off, making us all look like idiots

This is the bigger problem - Blizzard won't allow the Alliance the deceny of basic competence.

Play through the War Campaign on the Alliance side. It's embarrassing - the Alliance just get punked all the time by everyone. First by Dreven, who just owns the Alliance and teleports away - leaving the Alliance shaking their fists at him angrily (there's clearly a pattern here..) Then we fight Gallywix.. but it was a robot decoy the whole time and Gallywix flies away making us look like idiots again. YES SERIOUSLY, the entire Goblin/Vol'Dun arc of the ALLIANCE campaign storyline ends with Gallywix flying off laughing and telling us how dumb we are.

I'm just tired of Blizz making Alliance look like idiots all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by H1gh Contra5t View Post
    Here you go, I found this for you right here on MMO Champion - a clear Alliance win:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ory-(SPOILERS)
    Now can we please let this merry-go-round of a pointless thread die...?
    Well our last fleet just got insta killed by the Zandalari before they could even fire a shot off at them. I don't have high hopes for this fleet lasting long either..

Quote Originally Posted by Azurfel View Post
    Your lack of satisfaction is a reflection of the fact that Blizzard never should have indulged you with a PvE raid on Orgrimmar to begin with. Because that's what it comes down to: it was all for you and others like you. It was the absolute closest Blizzard could get to reasonably fulfilling a specific Alliance faction fantasy and that wasn't good enough for you.
    Are people still seriously pretending MOP was an Alliance expansion?? The entire thing was just a civil war storyline for the Horde. Alliance were just stuck in there because they had to have something to do.

Blizzard even had to actually change scenarios to allow the Alliance to play them because the Alliance didn't know what was going on in the story - We were disguised as trolls for it, so it would make sense. When the Alliance have to pretend to be Horde in order to follow the storyline.. it's a Horde storyline.

(For anyone who doesn't remember, the Alliances counter scenario to this one was just ANOTHER story showing how dumb the Alliance leaders are).

It's like people that keep saying that WoD was an Alliance expansion as they "got to kill Orcs". The whole expansion was just a nostalgia fan-wank for Grommash, Gul'dan and the Horde 'heroes' from the original games. How can Horde fans not think it was Horde themed?

Quote Originally Posted by Azurfel View Post
    The scenario Blizzard presented strongly suggests that neither the Darkspear Rebel Horde nor the Grand Alliance would have been able to defeat Garrosh's so called True Horde alone. The Horde wouldn't have been able to breach the gates of Orgrimmar without aid, and the Alliance never would have even gotten a proper foothold in Durotar had Garrosh's forces been able to focus on them.
    That's a problem in itself. The entire might of the Alliance armies can't even take on HALF of the Hordes army unless it teams up with... the other half of the Horde? Way to show how powerful they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattelot View Post
    I guess a Siege of Stormwind raid would balance things a bit?
    Who needs a Raid? Horde were close to burning it down just in a scanario lol
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2018-09-02 at 04:53 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Are people still seriously pretending MOP was an Alliance expansion?? The entire thing was just a civil war storyline for the Horde. Alliance were just stuck in there because they had to have something to do.

Blizzard even had to actually change scenarios to allow the Alliance to play them because the Alliance didn't know what was going on in the story - We were disguised as trolls for it, so it would make sense. When the Alliance have to pretend to be Horde in order to follow the storyline.. it's a Horde storyline.

(For anyone who doesn't remember, the Alliances counter scenario to this one was just ANOTHER story showing how dumb the Alliance leaders are).
    I didn't say MoP was an Alliance Expansion, i said that the whole "Horde gets taken over by a villainous Warchief who must be removed by way of a PvE raid on Orgrimmar" storybeat occurred for the sake of fulfilling a (horribly misguided and shitty) Alliance faction fantasy.

The Darkspear Rebellion was the Horde storyline that was required to allow that to happen, otherwise the Horde as a whole would have been rendered inherently villainous, which would have been a fundamentally unacceptable outcome for obvious reasons.

The Trials of the High King "questline" was supposed to be the Alliance content to balance out the Darkspear Rebellion, but Blizzard dropped the ball on that so hard that it ended up in the Earth's core. You would be hard pressed to find anyone who disagrees there xD

Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    this is why I stopped playing
    same........

Deleted
    @Azurfel
    Damn I guess I have to check up on that and have to reevaluate my stance on SoO, thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Who needs a Raid? Horde were close to burning it down just in a scanario lol
    For teh sweet lootz!