Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

A picture worth a thousand words.

personally never seen a political cartoon that elicited an emotional response like this, they usual some silly biased interpretation of events but this this to me speaks volumes.

It is.

Here's another one that hit home for me (and hopefully a few other Dump supporters out there):

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw a response to this meme....

Liberty is a woman:

Justice is a woman:

Truth is a woman:

Does it surprise anyone that there are reasons the GOP hates women?
    Last edited by Captain N; 2018-09-30 at 10:47 PM.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    Is there a full video uncensored? Asking for a friend.

How much evidence would you require to believe that one of your friends or loved ones sexually assaulted someone?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wow. Just . . . wow. Agreed. I really hope we aren't coming to a point where we won't be able to fix it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Everwake View Post
    How much evidence would you require to believe that one of your friends or loved ones sexually assaulted someone?
    1) a federal investigation would definitely convince me.

2) How may friends / loved ones does Kravenaww have?

3) Many of his friends in those days have since turned against him after hearing his testimony in the hearing - saying he was flat-out lying/committing perjury.

4) After reading all that, here's another question - What would take you to question replacing a Supreme Court judge at this point? For me, it would be perjury, refusing to answer a simple yes/no question of "Would you allow an FBI investigation?" and being clearly emotionally unstable (which, by the way, doesn't match up with the fact he was apparently stable enough to constantly dodge the FBI investigation question multiple times... which also indicates that the "emotional" testimony from Kravenaww was fabricated and also a lie.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    personally never seen a political cartoon that elicited an emotional response like this, they usual some silly biased interpretation of events but this this to me speaks volumes.
    The cartoonist in question is a Member of the Order of Canada. This is an excellent demonstration of why. The one he did after the Parliament Hill shootings in 2014 is another example.
    Last edited by Masark; 2018-09-30 at 11:16 PM.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

I think it's not as clever as it wants to be. Caricatures are usually a bit more classy. This is just dumb blaming.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now quantify that emotion, with one where one of your friends or relatives was sexually assaulted. WTF?

Edit: To be perfectly blunt... if my son said he is being accused of rape, my initial reply would be in line with ‘what the fuck happened?’ If my daughter said she was raped, I’d reach for my revolver. This isn’t tough guy talk either... ask any father...
    Last edited by Felya; 2018-09-30 at 11:16 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Yup. The title and picture about sums it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Yup. The title and picture about sums it up.
    It really doesn’t... Lady Liberty or lady justice don’t mater... this is from my youth:

Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Now quantify that emotion, with one where one of your friends or relatives was sexually assaulted. WTF?

Edit: To be perfectly blunt... if my son said he is being accused of rape, my initial reply would be in line with ‘what the fuck happened?’ If my daughter said she was raped, I’d reach for my revolver. This isn’t tough guy talk either... ask any father...
    Good call on that one! Totally agree!

So, "he said, she said"? If your son was accused, it's "wtf", but if if your daughter claims assault, you're reaching for the gun. How is justice being raped (as the comic implies)?

- - - Updated - - -

4) After reading all that, here's another question - What would take you to question replacing a Supreme Court judge at this point? For me, it would be perjury, refusing to answer a simple yes/no question of "Would you allow an FBI investigation?" and being clearly emotionally unstable (which, by the way, doesn't match up with the fact he was apparently stable enough to constantly dodge the FBI investigation question multiple times... which also indicates that the "emotional" testimony from Kravenaww was fabricated and also a lie.)
    Kavanaugh isn't the one who decides whether there's an FBI investigation, and the FBI has already stated that they don't investigate caees like this. But Jeff Flake insisted, so they have to now.

As for being "emotionally unstable", let's play this out. If he responds with anger, he's probably an angry drunk who rapes women (see Ted Lieu's opinions on this matter); if he responds with tears, he'a too weak for the court, and if he responds without emotion, he's got the cold heart of a rapist. Presuming he's innocent (like we do here in America), how does he win?

To more specifically ask what Felya implied: how much evidence would you require to believe that someone sexually assaulted one of your friends or loved ones?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Yeah, I've had that conversation with myself as well. It's tough when it's personal, so while the conversation is worth having, it may not be entirely relevant to the larger picture.

The big question, and I know I'm preaching to the choir here, is do we want someone accused by multiple people of sexual assault? Of course not.

Kavanaugh isn't the one who decides whether there's an FBI investigation, and the FBI has already stated that they don't investigate caees like this. But Jeff Flake insisted, so they have to now.

As for being "emotionally unstable", let's play this out. If he responds with anger, he's probably an angry drunk who rapes women (see Ted Lieu's opinions on this matter); if he responds with tears, he'a too weak for the court, and if he responds without emotion, he's got the cold heart of a rapist. Presuming he's innocent (like we do here in America), how does he win?
    First off, that second part is my quote - not Feyla's. Don't tar that person with things I say. :P

Now, let me start in reverse:

How does he win?
    By saying this: "Yes, let the FBI investigate me. I have nothing to hide." and answering "yes" to any time he was asked for an FBI investigation. He doesn't have to be cold, he has to be honest. He wasn't being honest in any of that. Hell, he could've played it up FOR Ford saying "I want to clear my name as fast as possible so we can find the person responsible for who did this to her." Tell me that wouldn't get a standing ovation?

First off, yes - the FBI does do investigations like this. Monkia Lewinsky ring a bell? She was submitted to a BUNCH of FBI investigations... in fact, there was even some controversy about their treatment of her that I vaguely recall.

Secondly, When they ask you a line such as "are you willing to take a lie detector test?" - the purpose is not for you to decide whether you SHOULD do it or not, it's for the investigators to also gauge your honesty under oath and see prematurely if you're honest or making shit up for some reason.

That's the same thing with them asking Kraven about his willingness to submit to an FBI investigation (not the same as him ordering one on himself, which you're deliberately lying about). He's under oath and they're asking if he's willing to submit - this is why he utterly avoided answering anything out there but "yes" to that question because he was clearly not wanting to be investigated for some reason... and I think both you and I know that reason cannot be good reason for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Bigots don't deserve debate.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Diversity is strength.

This thread is full of Feels over Reals.