Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultraxion View Post
    That sounds like a huge waste of time just to troll someone off screen. I doubt anyone does this.
    You highly underestimate the pleasure random losers get from ruining other peoples day.

A lot of people try to find lame excuses for getting banned.

"My account was hacked"
    "My Little brother was using my account"
    "I got banned for being a conservative"
    "Some random person opened up a trade window with me and just gave me 5 mil"
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    I know for a 100% no one made this story up. This stuff actually happens.
    Like I asked you, yet you dodge the question. _How_ can you guarantee it. Someone who goes out saying something needs a proof, something that proves without a doupt it's not a lie.

Imagine a lawyer who goes in front of the judge : Mr the Juge, trust me. I guarantee you my client is not lying.
    It would be worth nothing. So is your claim your guildie is not bullshitting.

I highly doubt this happens, if it did we would see a ton of streamers in trouble (they always take a ton of donations in the form of in game gold during their streams)

This sounds more like somebody who bought gold and is trying to cover it up.

and OP acting like he is reminds of this (wife being the OP, man being the guildmate).

Seems quite unbelievable, OP. You sure your guildie didnt just buy gold?

I think it kind of doesn't matter if the story actually happened. The logic is somewhat believable, so just don't accept large sums of gold just to be safe. It is not like it is even going to happen to most people.

Deleted
    How long is the ban for? and are you sure your guildie isnt lying?

also @OP, you keep on saying '' this stuff actually happens'' give us some god damn examples of it happening, other than screaming ''THIS STUFF HAPPENS''
    Because no matter how i key words together in the search engines, i can't find any replicable scenarios.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's why I always beg, it's not a crime if you are begging... It's charity!

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

That's highly unlikely.

1. They make a throwaway account for 15 bucks and use a sketchy VPN.

2. They scam people on trade for large sums of gold (keep in mind they do this through in game chat so all the evidence is there) Usually by advertising for cross server carry runs or something of that nature
    Wait, how? A cross server carry requires a group to do the carrying. A throwaway account can't have the gear and progress required to carry anyone, and nobody is going to give gold to the scammer before they join their group. If they do have a group, all their friends get banned too, but if they're throwaway accounts they can't carry for shit either and you can tell just by looking at them. This requires many absurdly gullible people at the same time.

Sounds like your guildmate got banned for buying gold and is trying to come up with an elaborate explanation to play the victim.

The amount of effort it would take to scam people into giving a trial gold when they have no achievements, no rating, no gear, no reputation just to try and hand someone enough gold to get them banned?
    Last edited by Vlaid; 2018-08-14 at 06:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlaid View Post
    It would actually take an insane amount of time to scam enough carries of gold to hand someone 5m that he would get shut down by Blizzard long before getting that much.
    This is very unture. It takes a single mythic mount boss carry to make 5M gold.

Is this like "Share this post so facebook doesn't delete your account" ?
    Intel i7-10700k | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Elite | Basilisk Ultimate | Nari Ultimate| Firefly | NZXT Hue+

10+ Year Old Account
    Only that's not a scam.

Where are you going to find someone stupid enough to give 5m gold to someone who you haven't seen the character(group) of that is capable of carrying? Those kind of people won't have 5m gold in the first place and it won't be common enough to be a "thing that is going on regularly people should put out a PSA about".

OP is the same person that was tricking people into thinking they were selling mythic antorus for the price of normal antorus and refusing to give gold back after player got into the raid and then used illgotten gains to buy 250$ of bnet balance and blizzard took it away and was butthurt about it.

A guild member just had his account closed on Sunday before BFA because a random level 100 trial traded him 5M gold and he blindly accepted it.

We presume that this level 100 stranger was an ex member of the guild who was gkicked less than a week ago. Some of the other guilds members recalled this level 100 trial advertising for cross server M argus mount carries about 30 minutes prior to the incident (he claimed to be in an off server guild and they were selling carries but accepting gold on every server). However the guild member who was banned didn't have trade turned on so he didn't see this level 100 advertising before taking the 5M gold.

Seems like a pretty scummy way to get people banned.
    You mean they bought gold and then lied because they felt dumb?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlaid View Post
    Where are you going to find someone stupid enough to give 5m gold to someone who you haven't seen the character(group) of that is capable of carrying? Those kind of people won't have 5m gold in the first place and it won't be common enough to be a "thing that is going on regularly people should put out a PSA about".
    As someone who has legitimately sold M argus carries you would be surprised. I've sold M argus boost off server without even showing the buyer my main toon before being paid. A very few percentage of buyers actually ask to see your main toon and in which case it's not an issue. If you come off as confident and sound like you know your stuff, most people won't question you.