Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Does these strangers were banned for selling mythic raids or something or ones that went to hospital and found out they have two terminal ilnesses?

Seriously people, OP is classic mythomaniac, don't pay much attention to his stories.

Deleted
    On the same note: DO NOT JOIN RBG GROUPS IN TRADE CHAT / LOOKING FOR GROUP

some of them wintrade. I lost my own Gladiator title on my main for joining a 1400 group on my alt shaman which has never been and never will be above 2000 rating. I joined for 3 games just to get my weekly cap, and then i farmed for months to get Gladiator on my main - who was then disqualified.

Story sounds fishy. Also i doubt they would instantly perma ban you for that. Highly likely there was some other shit going on.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    I wouldn't accept gold from someone I don't know.
    I give gold to strangers every so often. For example, if I see someone leveling up a character with no heirlooms, I assume they're a noob and I drop them a few hundred gold so they can buy bags and such.

If this happens to you it's unlikely it's random. More likely you are being targeted. Spending 15 bucks to ban someone you don't know and that they won't see a reaction from is pretty unlikely. There isn't any meta to it. Unless its some ultra rich kid that just loves throwing money down the shitter with no pay off. But really... They would just target streamers and such just to get the reaction.
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2018-08-14 at 04:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I give gold to strangers every so often. For example, if I see someone leveling up a character with no heirlooms, I assume they're a noob and I drop them a few hundred gold so they can buy bags and such.
    I do that as well from time to time but I would never accept many thousands or even millions in OP's story from a player I didn't know.

You're blindly trusting your guildie's story to be 100% true. I'd put my money on him being the owner of the level 100 account, thinking he would get away with it. And now is trying to have others fight his illegitimate fight...
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    We were created by the biblical God.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    There's as much evidence for Santa as for darwinian evolution.
    The irony

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    If the gold he traded you was recently scammed, if would have been a lot more severe than a nastygram. Especially if it was a brand new 2 hour hour old account using a sketch VPN.
    Unless you or the the banned individual explicitly used an in-game purchasing service, there's no way you could know with absolute certainty that the account you interacted with was compromised or a burner. Just stop already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

No, what really happened was that your guild mate was taking part in an illegal gold trading scheme, got caught, and told you bullshit to explain himself.

If the gold he traded you was recently scammed, if would have been a lot more severe than a nastygram. Especially if it was a brand new 2 hour hour old account using a sketch VPN.
    How do you know they were using a VPN?

This is a form of ultimate trolling. People pay 15 dollars just to troll trade chat. Why wouldn't they pay 15 dollars to get someone's account perma banned?
    Because they would also lose 5 million gold. It's a bunch of bullshit man. You are very gullible. It's pretty clear that your guild mate bought gold.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Getting free gold from strangers is kinda like when I was a kid and told not to take drugs from strangers.
    Boy, was I misled because I thought I'd be getting more free drugs than the 0 times I have so far...

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the solution is trading something back.

I had someone give me free gold once. I then in turn gave like 1/2 or 3/4ths to random noobs in town. It was prob only around 100/200k tho.

1. Pay real money and jump through hoops to make a new account.

2. Scam a bunch of unsuspecting people, wasting loads of your time in the process.

3. Trade all your gold to someone else before you get banned.

4. Get banned.

5. ???

6. Profit.

Absolutely no part of that series of events makes any sense whatsoever and I feel dumber for having had the idea put into my head.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckypoo View Post
    Because they would also lose 5 million gold. It's a bunch of bullshit man. You are very gullible. It's pretty clear that your guild mate bought gold.
    I can guarantee no one in my guild bought gold. This was a targeted act of revenge and the method of doing it is almost guaranteed success if your goal is to get another person banned.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    How do you know they were using a VPN?
    Because I know how these things work out.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can guarantee no one in my guild bought gold.
    How can you be 100% sure? You cannot know for sure someone on ze internet is not liying to you. Even irl friends can bullshit you because they don't want to admit a mistake, as it takes guts to do it...

OP, that story is bonker. Either you invented it or your guildmate invented it because he refuses to admit he fucked up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saluna View Post
    How can you be 100% sure? You cannot know for sure someone on ze internet is not liying to you. Even irl friends can bullshit you because they don't want to admit a mistake, as it takes guts to do it...

OP, that story is bonker. Either you invented it or your guildmate invented it because he refuses to admit he fucked up.
    I know for a 100% no one made this story up. This stuff actually happens.

I can guarantee no one in my guild bought gold. This was a targeted act of revenge and the method of doing it is almost guaranteed success if your goal is to get another person banned.
    I can without a doubt guarantee that you cannot guarantee that. It's ignorant to think that you can. This is simply you being amazingly gullible or trying to troll us.

So your friend bought gold, and came up with a story to cover his ass so people would feel bad for him?
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.