Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm frost spec, with obliteration, frost scythe, and glacial advance. I top meters for every trash pull, overall damage, and im within 5% of the top dps on ST bosses if not first.

I liked unholy but it takes too much set up for current dungeons. Frost can run in and start full dmg right away

I can't remember which boss it was, specifically (there are many), but I couldn't believe how much movement there was. As Unholy, I had the boss dotted and was able to spam Clawing Shadows and Death Coil, all while having my pet stay on the boss. I kept thinking to myself, "Man, I can't imagine a Frost DK on this fight".

I'm not bias towards either spec, and historically prefer Frost, but Unholy has so many advantages over Frost right now in PvE.

1.) Unholy not only has ranged AoE, but I have a hard time believing Frost can top Unholy's AoE, period (traveling dot, epidemic spam, DnD, SS cleave inside DnD).

2.) Unholy is just solid in ranged situations (for a melee) due to everything listed above.

3.) Unholy's damage isn't dependent on one ability.

4.) More speed boosts than Frost (Death's Advance and Wraith Walk).

5.) You only need to collect one weapon, and it's also usable for Blood spec.
    Hellborne - US Illidan
    Armory | Warcraft Logs | Raider.IO

Quote Originally Posted by Hellborne87 View Post
    I can't remember which boss it was, specifically (there are many), but I couldn't believe how much movement there was. As Unholy, I had the boss dotted and was able to spam Clawing Shadows and Death Coil, all while having my pet stay on the boss. I kept thinking to myself, "Man, I can't imagine a Frost DK on this fight".

I'm not bias towards either spec, and historically prefer Frost, but Unholy has so many advantages over Frost right now in PvE.

1.) Unholy not only has ranged AoE, but I have a hard time believing Frost can top Unholy's AoE, period (traveling dot, epidemic spam, DnD, SS cleave inside DnD).

2.) Unholy is just solid in ranged situations (for a melee) due to everything listed above.

3.) Unholy's damage isn't dependent on one ability.

4.) More speed boosts than Frost (Death's Advance and Wraith Walk).

5.) You only need to collect one weapon, and it's also usable for Blood spec.
    Face it, you're biased. No way in hell Frost is your prefered spec otherwise you'd know both spec have Death's advance and WW.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    Face it, you're biased. No way in hell Frost is your prefered spec otherwise you'd know both spec have Death's advance and WW.
    How about other 4 paragraphs?

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I'm frost spec, with obliteration, frost scythe, and glacial advance. I top meters for every trash pull, overall damage, and im within 5% of the top dps on ST bosses if not first.

I liked unholy but it takes too much set up for current dungeons. Frost can run in and start full dmg right away
    Every dps does good damage cause all of their cooldowns are used to maximize dps. Real question is what amount of dps can you sustain at after cooldowns are done?

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Every dps does good damage cause all of their cooldowns are used to maximize dps. Real question is what amount of dps can you sustain at after cooldowns are done?
    Frost scythe has no CD. Ga CD is only 5 secs. Obliteration lasts 15 secs on a 45 sec CD. It's up every other trash pull minimum. Sustain is still good without it. Frost dks prob have the most sustain when specced this way.

I like unholy and its prob the "harder" spec, but atm, I feel frost is better because of how easy the current content is. Things dont live long enough to set up your aoe and roll thru it. I run in, howling blast, remorseless winter, pop my CD, then alternate GA-> frost scythe crit-> fs/rime-> frost scythe crit.
    Last edited by ellieg; 2018-08-21 at 03:31 PM.

Damage on score board isn't "effective damage" know the difference. Be a better player.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladivostok View Post
    I think it's more of a matter of maximizing uptime on runic corruption. Stacking haste won't save you if you don't play around it. I often save my Soul Reaper for times i get starved. i believe i end starved for poor rotation. Spamming too much runes or rp.
    So you’re saying we should play unholy with intended downtime between GCDs? Not one single class does this. Unholy needs more haste to be played fluently. At 25% haste, unholy is pretty fluent and fun. At 12-15% I just stand there and feel that I should’ve stayed in legion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarrgoth View Post
    So you’re saying we should play unholy with intended downtime between GCDs? Not one single class does this. Unholy needs more haste to be played fluently. At 25% haste, unholy is pretty fluent and fun. At 12-15% I just stand there and feel that I should’ve stayed in legion.
    Hmm im running with 20% crit 13% haste 35% mastery and im finding the haste around 12-15% to be more then enough, to be honest yes there are times when i am waiting for 2/3 seconds for a rune but that is only if im not using my DC's properly when i have 3 runes on CD to fish for RC... not ideal i know to have to hope and pray for RC probs to ensure a smoother rotation but im not struggling with it, just ease off the trigger finger to spam SS/CS with more then 40 RP.

Quote Originally Posted by rustaclut View Post
    Hmm im running with 20% crit 13% haste 35% mastery and im finding the haste around 12-15% to be more then enough, to be honest yes there are times when i am waiting for 2/3 seconds for a rune but that is only if im not using my DC's properly when i have 3 runes on CD to fish for RC... not ideal i know to have to hope and pray for RC probs to ensure a smoother rotation but im not struggling with it, just ease off the trigger finger to spam SS/CS with more then 40 RP.
    A higher proc chance on runic corruption would be better. But honestly, the only times I compete on dps is when I use army. So every 8 minutes, people are happy I’m in the party. Army should not be 18-23% of the DKs dmg during a bossfight. Especially considering they don’t even last half the bossfight. It’s ridiculous.
    DK faceroll omnomnom

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarrgoth View Post
    A higher proc chance on runic corruption would be better. But honestly, the only times I compete on dps is when I use army. So every 8 minutes, people are happy I’m in the party. Army should not be 18-23% of the DKs dmg during a bossfight. Especially considering they don’t even last half the bossfight. It’s ridiculous.
    I agree with you on this i recently made a post about unholy dk and old Haste blight build. I to think there should be something else then our top 3 damage abilities normally being AOTD>Mele>Pet Mele.... i would prefer to see something along the lines of CATA dot management and blight build. Snap shotting Dots was the most fun times i had with unholy dk and loved the management and min/max style of play.

I agree with you on this i recently made a post about unholy dk and old Haste blight build. I to think there should be something else then our top 3 damage abilities normally being AOTD>Mele>Pet Mele.... i would prefer to see something along the lines of CATA dot management and blight build. Snap shotting Dots was the most fun times i had with unholy dk and loved the management and min/max style of play.
    Yes! White damage shouldn’t be our highest damage! It’s embarrassing. Especially with army being so good, it makes me feel like a monk bragging about the damage karma does. It’s nothing to do with skills. Pop it before pull and you’re golden.

I didn’t play unholy in cata, so I wouldn’t know. I miss wotlk blood spec lol
    DK faceroll omnomnom

Deleted
    It makes me miss the Legion style of play.. at least with Arbiter you had something to min/max with and also your dots did respectable damage.. hopefully when secondary stats become more plentiful we can see a switch to gargoyle/arbiter.

Deleted
    In PvP it was dismaying, nothing really did any damage, even the ultimate combo of death just barely dents a player's health in instanced PvP, assuming of course that you can survive that long. Anti-Magic Shell is made of paper, Death Strike wastes you runic power and Icebound only mitigates 20%. Death Pact buys the most time, but still I lose ~70% of my health in the time it takes to set up my damage.

I suspect it's from a lack of Azerite powers, probably it goes better once I have 3x Prydaz traits, as of now, I don't really have 2nd/3rd rows unlocked and these might make me more survivable. Of course, the issue that Apocalypse combo barely tickles the enemy is still there.

PvE is fun, though, the AoE is hilarious and satisfying indeed :3

uh dk is so bad right now i'm thinking of levelling another character that actually does dps, what classes are actually decent right now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenonn View Post
    uh dk is so bad right now i'm thinking of levelling another character that actually does dps, what classes are actually decent right now?
    If i was you and i truly enjoy unholy dk i would stick at it... most likely will receive a buff once raiding has been running for a month or so and then you might regret it.

I'm going to stick at it for the expansion, if i HAVE to i will swap to frost also...

But if you really are wanting to swap i would go Mage/Warrior/Rogue/Warlock all seem to be performing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    BfA 8-]

Try Unholy with 305+/120 in dungeons,
    see ~9k average DPS and some 20-25k peaks,
    you feels very good at first.

Then you join groups with DH/Ret/Outlaw doing 12k+ DPS forever,
    with 50-60k peaks, with ZERO PREP, with the same gear.

Now try Frost with the same dungeons
    and enjoy spread pulls,
    running around with no a no_pet/no_dot spec
    and ask yourself why do you even tried Frost in the first place.

Hard to imagine how Frost will manage the dungeons. The amount of running with trash and boss fights is killing the DPS, you cant compete with dot/range classes and you cant compete with burst AoE melees either.

In the end it doesnt even matter how strong unholy is, when you don't really have an option for the dungeons/raids/pvp combo.
    You always have the option to play what you like. These thoughts that you should play the strongest spec is toxic and no one forces it on you other than yourself. Stop doing that, people will still invite you to their group like they do with me. If you meet an extremist, then fine don't play with him because he was going to spread toxicity in you. Play to have fun. You can also delete your damage meter.

If i was you and i truly enjoy unholy dk i would stick at it... most likely will receive a buff once raiding has been running for a month or so and then you might regret it.

I'm going to stick at it for the expansion, if i HAVE to i will swap to frost also...

But if you really are wanting to swap i would go Mage/Warrior/Rogue/Warlock all seem to be performing well.
    yea i'm trying really hard to love it right now, i've been playing nothing BUT uh since wotlk. but if it doesn't get better soon i guess frost mage will do

Love sitting at 340 doing less sim dps than a 330 rogue/warr/ww.

I'm relatively confident they'll fix it or we'll just scale well with gear but it's pretty lame from a purely numbers standpoint.
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

Thank you OP, I am glad you noticed how strong I am