Poll: how is the level 110-120 grind compared to 100-110

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

How is the level 110-120 "grind" compared to 100-110 (pre leveling patch)?

Legion was the first expansion where i leveled more than one character to max level (100-110) because of how easy it was.
    It was so easy that i leveled 4! FOUR characters!
    It was a personal record of mine.

But this was all pre patch changes to leveling.

So my question to you is "How is the level 110-120 grind compared to the 100-110 pre leveling patch.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-08-15 at 03:57 AM.

To me it feels faster. On my main we basically got to 114 while fucking around a lot on the first night. Going back and doing it on an alt today I got to 117 in what felt like a blink of an eye.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thenatural View Post
    To me it feels faster. On my main we basically got to 114 while fucking around a lot on the first night. Going back and doing it on an alt today I got to 117 in what felt like a blink of an eye.
    Cool

Im on vacation, cant wait to start leveling if it is that easy.
    Im ashamed but i find leveling very boring if it takes too long.
    I feel like a mindless drone.
    Are the quests funny?

ARE THERE ANY PIRATE QUESTS?

First char obviously feels faster because it's new and fun.
    I'm just 113 and I finished the first zone yesterday playing for like... 4 hours.

I would say it's pretty much the same tbh...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Cool

Im on vacation, cant wait to start leveling if it is that easy.
    Im ashamed but i find leveling very boring if it takes too long.
    I feel like a mindless drone.
    Are the quests funny?

I literally just did a bunch of quest in Voldun for a skeletal zandalari pirate, and a couple hours before that I helped a rogue Kul'tiran pirate take command of a ship. This is on the non-pirate horde faction, too.

There's a whole zone dedicated to pirates basically
    (on alliance that is. Don't know about horde yet)

Deleted
    I literally just did a bunch of quest in Voldun for a skeletal zandalari pirate, and a couple hours before that I helped a rogue Kul'tiran pirate take command of a ship. This is on the non-pirate horde faction, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanderez View Post
    Well there is one guy who associates with pirates and gets really drunk, where you have to follow him. The dialog can be funny if you're into that sort. (It's Alliance)
    Oh man, i love me some pirate quests.
    Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    There's a whole zone dedicated to pirates basically
    (on alliance that is. Don't know about horde yet)
    YESSSSSss .

I have to be completely honest, I really think Legion beats out BfA so far in the leveling experience. And I think part of it has to do with connections to characters. Ysera, Malfurion, Tyrande, these are characters we have connections to. Random pirates and spectral townsfolk? Not so much. But it's not just that. Right off the bat you were off and running for the most part in Legion, whereas in BfA it's somewhat disjointed, bouncing back and forth between Zandalar and the mainland.

I'm not the best judge since I'm not a huge fan by default of the new expansion experience, but I far preferred the Legion paradigm over BfA. There are a lot of balls in the air that I don't necessarily know are being juggled properly is how I feel. I understand the gripe with linearity, and there's just enough to keep you moving forward most of the time, but it feels like some kind of streamlining element just isn't there.

All that said it's a great expansion as usual. This is me complaining about the difference between 95 and 90, not 95 and 10.

Legion 100 to 110, was log in while an invasion was happening, do an invasion, get 1.5 (ish) levels. Log out and get rested until the next invasion.

I leveled at least 8 of my 12 to max level this way. I would do the starter quests to get the Artifact weapons on all my alts, log out, get rested. Then when I noticed an invasion come up, I would cycle though the invasion quests on all of them, then log off. I dinged max level on most of my alts, on the same day.

Leveling alts had never been easier, and is way easier than an expansion release.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I have to be completely honest, I really think Legion beats out BfA so far in the leveling experience. And I think part of it has to do with connections to characters. Ysera, Malfurion, Tyrande, these are characters we have connections to. Random pirates and spectral townsfolk?
    I'm loving the Kul Tiran people though. I love their accents. I'm genuinely interested in their problems and want to help them.

I have to be completely honest, I really think Legion beats out BfA so far in the leveling experience. And I think part of it has to do with connections to characters. Ysera, Malfurion, Tyrande, these are characters we have connections to. Random pirates and spectral townsfolk? Not so much. But it's not just that. Right off the bat you were off and running for the most part in Legion, whereas in BfA it's somewhat disjointed, bouncing back and forth between Zandalar and the mainland.

I'm not the best judge since I'm not a huge fan by default of the new expansion experience, but I far preferred the Legion paradigm over BfA. There are a lot of balls in the air that I don't necessarily know are being juggled properly is how I feel. I understand the gripe with linearity, and there's just enough to keep you moving forward most of the time, but it feels like some kind of streamlining element just isn't there.

All that said it's a great expansion as usual. This is me complaining about the difference between 95 and 90, not 95 and 10.
    They threw in a bunch of big names to make up for the fact that the zones were tiny, cramped, and packed with frou-frou bullshit. I mean, ffs, you could see all of aszuna and suramar from dal if you weren't playing a potato, you can't even see across the the entire horde capital city right now. Could you imagine what would be posted here if you could see all of Nazmir and Vol'dun from the top of Zuldazar?
    Last edited by Thenatural; 2018-08-15 at 04:25 AM.

They threw in a bunch of big names to make up for the fact that the zones were tiny, cramped, and packed with frou-frou bullshit. I mean, ffs, you could see all of aszuna and suramar from dal if you weren't playing a potato, you can't even see across the the entire horde capital city right now.
    But when you were hoofing it in the beginning it wasn't really apparent. I certainly wasn't bouncing around from one place to another. I go into these things blind just to soak in the experience fresh, and Legion was a good time. But the first time I went to Zandalar I was just like, what the heck is going on. Is this Blood Troll place particularly important? Why? And then it was over and I was back to pirates. I just collected 12 scrolls so I'm heading back, so hopefully the Zandalar storyline is going to be expanded on for me shortly.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2018-08-15 at 04:28 AM.

Deleted
    ....And then it was over and I was back to pirates.
    God bless

I can relate more to town folks than to stories of major character.
    I dont know why.
    World threats are really forcing a fantasy...while town folks have real down to earth problems

But when you were hoofing it in the beginning it wasn't really apparent. I certainly wasn't bouncing around from one place to another. I go into these things blind just to soak in the experience fresh, and Legion was a good time. But the first time I went to Zandalar I was just like, what the heck is going on. Is this place important? Why? And then it was over and I was back to pirates. I just collected 12 scrolls so I'm heading back, so hopefully the Zandalar storyline is going to be expanded on for me shortly.
    What? Legion literally pulled you from ten different directions at launch and none of it made sense at all outside of the handful of storylines that centered around some fan favorites.

They threw tons of menial bullshit at you and even started gating things behind grinding for order hall resources right from the get go. You couldn't do three quests in a row without two people you were playing with having to run around all over hell and back to mess with class hall crap.

Leveling through Nazmir, you know your goals the entire time, you are constantly communicating and meeting up with Talanji, and you don't really even have to pay attention to quest text at all. I leveled through aszuna 8 times in legion I have no idea why prince farondis is important outside of the fact that wowhead told me once he defied azshara.

God bless

I can relate more to town folks than to stories of major character.
    I dont know why.
    World threats are really forcing a fantasy...while town folks have real down to earth problems
    I'm kind of the opposite, but even then it can be done poorly. Ner'zhul in WoD deserved so much more than a dungeon boss with very little in-game lore, for example. But Legion hit it out of the park.

Deleted
    Maybe it's me getting old, but each expansion seems to take longer and longer to get to max. Even without many connection issues it still took me almost 12 hours to get to max, and i was one of the fast ones on the realm (from what i can tell 5th rogue to 120 on Silvermoon-EU, tho on Wowprogress it shows me as 3rd, probably not updated).

What? Legion literally pulled you from ten different directions at launch and none of it made sense at all outside of the handful of storylines that centered around some fan favorites.

They threw tons of menial bullshit at you and even started gating things behind grinding for order hall resources right from the get go. You couldn't do three quests in a row without two people you were playing with having to run around all over hell and back to mess with class hall crap.

Leveling through Nazmir, you know your goals the entire time, you are constantly communicating and meeting up with Talanji, and you don't really even have to pay attention to quest text at all. I leveled through aszuna 8 times in legion I have no idea why prince farondis is important outside of the fact that wowhead told me once he defied azshara.
    I run solo, so I didn't really have the problem with others having to go back to class halls or anything like that. I just picked Azsuna and moved on through the story, and while I admit that zone didn't have any hard-hitting lore, Val'sharah really took it up a notch. Leading into Highmountain and Stormheim with their unique atmosphere and story lines. It was just one smooth transition into another. BfA has that still, but the Zandalar thing just felt disjointed my first go around. Maybe once I get more comfortable with what the heck's going on things'll change.

Referring to any leveling in World of Warcraft as a grind is completely ridiculous, but on top, it's about the same, if not maybe just a tiny bit faster than it was in Legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Seems fast to me hit 115 and haven’t finish dustvar yet or done any dungeons or bg’s legion felt longer and had a lot more busy work having to head back to dal or the order hall to deal with annoying crap.

completed mythic mode leveling, elemental shaman solo to 120.

fucking painful, mobs hit for nothing never worried about dying unless you mass pull, watching all your secondaries go to shit is fun, i managed to type this post in between 1 of my GCD's with 8% haste and crap maelstrom generation /yawn.

brb gotta cast another lightning bolt while flame shock is still on cooldown fml.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty fast. Feels like Legion leveling speed. I'm a couple bars from 117. I don't plan on leveling my alts though until flying is unlocked. While I'm enjoying the time on my ground mount because the zones are so beautiful, flying will make leveling alts much faster and easier.
    RIP <SoP>