third relic was a minor part of the artifacts power

for azerite it's literally everything

- - - Updated - - -

you cant equip it, because it's worthless without the traits

splitting hairs will lead nowhere
    "minor part" it was a huge increase.
    literally 1/3rd

7+ Year Old Account
    I would not say it is a problem or anything, like the gear is still there on your character and you will equip it as soon as you hit the mark, but i will say it is maybe a small bummer in the "feel cool" department.

It would have been nice if you could use it, but OP did clearly push as fast as he can forward to mythic.

Edit: Ohh wait, you can actually equip it xD Its just OP being anal about not having the first trait xD

The first trait does not give the bonus of what you get from the upgrade in item lvl.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    "Not being able" and "not choosing to out of rationale" are different.
    In theory yes, but here there is no "choice" here. It's a clear no brainer to not equip the new item.

It's basically like they would open all raids on all difficulties now, and tell you all gear you get will unlock it secondary stats in a few weeks on their schedule. Doesn't sound like good game design and it really isn't.

And to be honest: There is no "rushing" involved here. Mythics are barely harder than heroics if you know what todo (what it easy to figure out after a maximum of one wipe). In generel, the dungeons just take more time to complete.

Azerite power gain and gear aquisition are clearly out of sync here. And imo that's a design issue they ignored to push their beloved azerite system thorugh which, in itself, stands against everything they said they want to change about gearing.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    it's not higher end

it's literally the lowest possible epic in the game

it's the absolute base ilvl

spin it all you want

being unable to equip a gear that you looted despie it being a great item for you is just not good design, in fact it goes against every fundamental rule blizzard said they wanted loot to be.

again, I'm fine with the 2-4th traits being unobtainable right away

the first one should be lower though.

you realize if I didnt rush it I'd be even further from unlocking the AP for it right?
    “Wah I’m sad, I don’t want to be glad, I’m mad so don’t try to change my mind. I don’t want to find a way to be happy, hand feed me happiness please!”

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "minor part" it was a huge increase.
    literally 1/3rd
    yeah in a 0pt weapon sure

but no the traits were insanely powerful

so it was like 20% at most

no it doesnt
    https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...JDwhznu3ewzzy7

because it requries 17 levels

and despite doing everything im only at 15 and a half =so another ~15k AP away from it
    Link doesn't work.
    But allright. I am at 318 at the moment. Didn't go mythic. Will do tomorrow woth guild.

BUT. I kinda think it is not that bad, because it gives you something you can see to work for. You get something. You can't use it because of XYZ.
    Do the work to be able to use XYZ.

And like someone else said: It is day 2-3 of the expansion. Of course there is stuff gated behind effort. You can run Islands all day and you will propably be able to use it soon.

And YES. You are at a point where 90% of the WoW population isn't even close to... so there are going to be some steep hills.

tldr: I don't think it is bad to get gear you can't use until you worked for it more. Gives you something to do and it feels right. Someone who just dinged should be able to get pushed by 4 high geared guys. But that is another topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Of course Azurite armor is less exiting than Legion systems, but reason for this very funny. It just doesn't have any RNG: you know what drop, you knew when it drop, you know exact item level, stats, traits. More or less you know when you'll unlock all traits. You can't really get less RNG loot.
    Bullshit. No RNG was artifact traits - you had the tree in front of you and you decided where you put points in which order.

In Azerite Gear, you have absolutely no control what drops for you. Even if you know that x boss can drop an item you want, you have no control whether it drops on not, plus it's completely untradeable so even if your friend has 8 chests and no good shoulder, you can't trade him a shoulder and he can't trade you a chest. Mythic dungeons are also on a weekly lockout so you can't exactly "spam" the dungeon you want loot from. If they don't backtrack on the statement Azerite Gear can only drop from m+ weekly cache we'll also be in a world that it's worse RNG than trinkets because in Legion if you wanted that memento, you spammed maw, you wanted countermeasures, you spammed vault, you wanted horn of valor you spammed hov... etc. But if m+ can't be "spammed" for Azerite Gear, you're at RNG's mercy every week.

They MIGHT back track on that though, since they already did on WQ rewards, I reckon they said WQs won't give Azerite pieces, only daily emissary reward can, but atm there's plenty of WQ every day giving some Azerite pieces.

I'm currently in the situation I feel my class relies on 2 specific Azerite traits to be fun to play in dungeons, and it's so damn hard to find these traits on 2 different slots so I can make a set. Yes, it's probably much less rare than getting your 2 perfect leggos was, that took "only" 6 months of heavy farm and only after softcap of 4 was lifted. The fact it's not completely hopeless like legendaries were for half the Legion is far from making it "perfect" though.

It's again a situation where you might be forced to dump the "highest ilvl" piece because the traits are trash. No matter how much Blizzard claims they want people to go for the ilvl first and foremost, they always manage to sour it somehow. And yes, there are some traits that are really, really bad. Like ultra weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    “Wah I’m sad, I don’t want to be glad, I’m mad so don’t try to change my mind. I don’t want to find a way to be happy, hand feed me happiness please!”
    this isnt about me being sad, or trying to change my mind, as hilarious your pointless babble was.

these are hard facts

blizzard literally said: we want loot to be instantly equippable without much hassle when it drops

and then they did this, I dont see why its hard to see an issue with this.

Well I'm not even max. Have you tried having a life outside this game?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    Day 2 and *GASP* you aren't yet able to use higher end gear yet! what a shock.... next time maybe consider going with a more casual level/gearing stance, or maybe just be happy with the fact that you have the gear when the time comes?
    IKR? People lose their minds and rush to max level literally THE DAY the xpac is released then piss and moan about not being able to progress. They have not figured out yet that MMO's are NO LONGER made for people with no lives. I have zero sympathy for their kind.

So you got a future upgrade that almost no one else has. Sounds like a win to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Garybear View Post
    Well I'm not even max. Have you tried having a life outside this game?
    I did but the graphics sucked, and it was pretty boring

but hey, at least we got to the obligatory "I'm better than you cos I got a life hurrdurr" post

becaue despite me doing every single source of AP I still cant even get the first trait on them

in fact I'm not even close

and before you say "give it a few days"

no matter how you spin it, having to stare at a +15 ilvl upgrade in your inventory because of mistuned timegating is just bad.
    No different than how relics worked in Legion.

Out of curiosity, what level is your neck?
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

Deleted
    What's actually the most retarded thing is azerite pieces for the same slot, same ilvl, with THE SAME FUCKING TRAITS, that require 14 to unlock all 3 traits or 16 to unlock the 2nd traits and 20 for the 3rd, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Spookysheep View Post
    IKR? People lose their minds and rush to max level literally THE DAY the xpac is released then piss and moan about not being able to progress. They have not figured out yet that MMO's are NO LONGER made for people with no lives. I have zero sympathy for their kind.
    yes, holding your players in contempt and quite literally punishing them for doing well in your game is a fantastic idea

good to know where you're at.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    Out of curiosity, what level is your neck?

so about 15k AP off of being able to use it

for the shoulders it'd be something like 27k
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2018-08-16 at 01:52 AM.

yes, holding your players in contempt and quite literally punishing them for doing well in your game is a fantastic idea

good to know where you're at.

so about 15k AP off of being able to use it

You CHOSE to rush. That is not "doing well", that is you skipping a major part of the entire game and then whining that you are out of things to do. MMO's are not for you, go play other games. No one is forcing you to play WoW.

5+ Year Old Account
    Damn I hit 320 tonight and was planning on doing some mythics.

Guess its better to hold off and just grind AP then.
    Last edited by Sharby; 2018-08-16 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spookysheep View Post
    You CHOSE to rush. That is not "doing well", that is you skipping a major part of the entire game and then whining that you are out of things to do. MMO's are not for you, go play other games. No one is forcing you to play WoW.
    I didnt skip anything man

lol

I just do it faster than you do.

I've been playing MMOs for 15 years

so yeah, I think I know what's for me and what isnt.

maybe MMOs arent for you if you think looting an upgrade but being locked out of being able to use it is good design.
    especially when it goes against literally everything blizzard has said about looting in the last few years EVERYTHING.
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2018-08-16 at 01:57 AM.

I'm rocking 3 traitless Azerite pieces ATM. Feelsbadman.