Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by BFA is worse than WoD View Post
    I don’t know if you’ve heard the news but Warlords 2.0 isn’t retaining many subs from the few million people who bought it.
    So you work for Blizzard and share some numbers? Or which Source you are referring to? BFA is nothing like WOD at all. WOD had literally NO CONTENT. You just logged in for Raid, nothing more.

You probably one of this salty boys who does not even play WoW anymore but talk shit about it. HILARIOUS!

I don't think whether it's a Diablo MMO has anything to do with WoW itself. That being said. What more really is there to do with WoW expansions wise? sure there might be a couple more. But the world is nearing it's end of path story wise don't you think?

The only reason I'm speculating an MMO this time around is the following.

1. It's already been stated they're looking for employment on the scale of a Massive Multiplayer game.
    2. The fact that it has Mythic Stage right after the opening ceremony talking about the future for almost an hour. Then later that night on the same stage a Diablo World Q&A for another 45 minutes. Sure, they could just be announcing Diablo 4, but unless there are massive addons to the Diablo world map, I can't imagine they'd spend 45 minutes answering questions about zones.
    3. Where is Warcraft 4? Oh yeah, 3 games about the world and lore or Warcraft was ample material to build backstory for an MMO in which all the players involved know exactly what the story is and the characters involved. We're at... Diablo 4? (Side note, lack of story and familiarization is also why I'm assuming most other MMO's aren't really "Successful" no lore, no story, no attachment to any characters, no idea what we're fighting for.)

I'm not saying it will be an MMO for sure, but I for 1 would throw my money at it, and I'm just not as dismissive as other people seem to be. Also why release Diablo 3 for the switch if Diablo 4 is about to drop and it's the same top down dungeon crawler? Wouldn't you just wait? The fact that it has main stage immediately after opening ceremony leads me to believe it's not just going to be another small expansion for what's already there. We're either looking at Diablo 4, or we're looking at something new completely... which would point to an MMO.

Just an opinion, doesn't mean I'm right, just thoughts.

Amazing Sig by Eis!

I hope it's a GoW soft reboot Witcher style with the enemy density of Dynasty Warriors and combat speed of Doom. Rares and bosses can can't be mowed down tho. Good or evil nephalim reputation system could tie in from 3 as well.

Deleted
    World of Diablo

Anyone ever play Vermintide 2?

I think that would translate well into the Diablo universe.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Anyone ever play Vermintide 2?

I think that would translate well into the Diablo universe.
    You mean that silly Left 4 Dead clone? That's a hard pass for me.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I keep seeing people bring this up like it's some sort of a mobile port or a port of Diablo II, or that it's just the Switch port they just announced.

It obviously is not. If you look through all the job listings for the Unannounced Diablo Project on the Blizzard careers page you can glean plenty of details about what it's going to be.

https://careers.blizzard.com/en-us/openings

From that, everything I could glean about the game is as follows:

New Unannounced Diablo Project
    • Large Scale AAA PC Game (DirectX 11, OpenGL)
    • "The minions of Hell are growing stronger..."
    • Interesting developer attitude phrases: "dark gothic world of Diablo," "killing millions of monsters and getting loot," "hack and slash through hordes of demons," "together we will build something extraordinary."
    • Atmospheric dungeons with 3D environments and both 2D and 3D assets.
    • 3D assets created using physically based rendering (physical 3D lighting and shading).
    • Characters will have facial animation rigs, which suggests that faces are more visible, meaning it may not be purely top-down isometric, or it may have animated talking heads or in-engine cutscenes.
    • 3D VFX using particle systems, physics, ribbons, shaders, etc.
    • Engineers are designing and building new tools and systems for audio, rendering, animation, etc.
    • Creative Director position mentions world design, cinematics, and narrative design.

All of these listings suggest that it's obviously not just a port, and certainly not a mobile game, nor a remaster of an old Diablo game, though I suppose it could be a remake.

That they're also hiring a Creative Director and Executive Producer suggests it will be a large, NEW project, and that they're looking to hire at least a couple people from outside of the company for major leadership roles for Diablo at a franchise development level.

Blizzard does seem to be very far along on an unannounced 3D mobile game, though nothing indicates it's a Diablo game, unlike all the "New Unannounced Diablo Project" listings. Whatever that is, I think I'd expect it to be announced by the end of the year.

I already posted a thread last week analyzing all the different projects they're currently hiring for if you want more information on their unannounced mobile game, as well as their prototype incubator games, which may not actually see the light of day.

That smells like diablo 4, or a D3 expansion at the very least.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AestostheInsane View Post
    I don't think whether it's a Diablo MMO has anything to do with WoW itself. That being said. What more really is there to do with WoW expansions wise? sure there might be a couple more. But the world is nearing it's end of path story wise don't you think?

The only reason I'm speculating an MMO this time around is the following.

1. It's already been stated they're looking for employment on the scale of a Massive Multiplayer game.
    2. The fact that it has Mythic Stage right after the opening ceremony talking about the future for almost an hour. Then later that night on the same stage a Diablo World Q&A for another 45 minutes. Sure, they could just be announcing Diablo 4, but unless there are massive addons to the Diablo world map, I can't imagine they'd spend 45 minutes answering questions about zones.
    3. Where is Warcraft 4? Oh yeah, 3 games about the world and lore or Warcraft was ample material to build backstory for an MMO in which all the players involved know exactly what the story is and the characters involved. We're at... Diablo 4? (Side note, lack of story and familiarization is also why I'm assuming most other MMO's aren't really "Successful" no lore, no story, no attachment to any characters, no idea what we're fighting for.)

I'm not saying it will be an MMO for sure, but I for 1 would throw my money at it, and I'm just not as dismissive as other people seem to be. Also why release Diablo 3 for the switch if Diablo 4 is about to drop and it's the same top down dungeon crawler? Wouldn't you just wait? The fact that it has main stage immediately after opening ceremony leads me to believe it's not just going to be another small expansion for what's already there. We're either looking at Diablo 4, or we're looking at something new completely... which would point to an MMO.

Just an opinion, doesn't mean I'm right, just thoughts.
    ALL the "What's Next" panels are 45 min, including the Starcraft one that's on the 2nd day (so prob no big announcement there), the same pretty much goes for Q&As. There doesn't even have to be anything big announced, people still have tons of questions (and since most have to say their name and do shoutouts to people you don't even get that many questions answered in 45 min). The only thing you can safely assume from the panels is there's a fairly big announcement since it's the first "What's Next" panel after the Opening Ceremony, but length of panels are 100% normal and the same for all the games.

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    fingers crossed i hope they finally decided to start a diablo mmorpg
    Well, that would be financiel suicide and im quite sure blizzard likes money
    We humans have to stick together

I do really think the Blizzard wants another MMO but not now. In fact I think Titan project concept was really similar to city of heroes.

If they are tempted to build a Diablo MMO, the best strategy is to bring new life to the franchise and strengthen the lore. So...a RPG will be better

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    I do really think the Blizzard wants another MMO but not now. In fact I think Titan project concept was really similar to city of heroes.

If they are tempted to build a Diablo MMO, the best strategy is to bring new life to the franchise and strengthen the lore. So...a RPG will be better
    Its quite clear that Blizzard wants to do another MMO. In fact, Blizzard themselves stated we were almost assuredly getting a starcraft MMO if not for the fact that they kinda stumbled into making Overwatch instead.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Honestly I would totally buy another Diablo 3 expansion, especially if it had a new class or two like druids and a new game mode, a dota style pvp or even a vs comp warfront style mode would be cool.

Personally though I think an RPG to the style of Dragon Age would be my next biggest hope. I honestly don't want a Diablo MMO, I'd rather have a single player RPG with a badass story with side multiplayer dungeons we could queue for.

Lastly I wouldn't mind a Diablo Mobile game, but dread the pay to win that would probably happen if it was a mobile game.

About the only new MMO I could see myself getting into nowadays would be a City of Heroes style/remake one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Eeeh.
    When did they start titan? when did they worked it into overwatch? Do we have that information? I recall it was quite a while ago. And more importantly do we know their mind didnt change? If i thougth making a mmo 10 years ago would be a good idea my mind could have changed now you now? especially if i am a billion dollar company.

I am not saying it couldnt be a mmo but this seems to be a flimsy indicator
    Kaplan said OW was cancelled at May of 2013. The team was reduced and they were given 6 weeks to propose another idea.

my money is on open world RPG, 3rd person point of view
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22