Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Incendiary and Frost-Laced Ammo

Has anyone noticed Incendiary Ammo having a really low proc rate? Sometimes I'll go through entire dungeons without it proccing. And on that note, Frost-Laced seems to be higher and has about the same damage as well.

Of course this is just my point of view, perhaps someone else could share their perspective.

Frost-Laced does not proc more and does not do more damage overall, so Incendiary is the better pick.

Yeah after a ton of testing and sims with all the scopes, Incendiary is just flat out better overall for me. Maybe it will change at some point though Im not sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    why not use one of the weapon enchants ? im loving the one with the stacking haste procc

Quote Originally Posted by Rehija View Post
    why not use one of the weapon enchants ? im loving the one with the stacking haste procc
    Probably because they do less damage, some people care about that stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont use sims and i stopped caring about top dps after bc ended, but i was surprised they finally! made weapon enchants useable on ranged weapons. Looking at the dominant performance of weapon enchants in the past i assumed they would be on par or better then the new scopes, seems like i goofed here. But honestly, i love the navigation enchant, 600 haste when fully stacked make it so much smoother to play

I dont use sims and i stopped caring about top dps after bc ended, but i was surprised they finally! made weapon enchants useable on ranged weapons. Looking at the dominant performance of weapon enchants in the past i assumed they would be on par or better then the new scopes, seems like i goofed here. But honestly, i love the navigation enchant, 600 haste when fully stacked make it so much smoother to play
    It might be smoother, but haste is also generally the worst stat for BM hunters, which makes what you're saying even more funny . Not only are you using an enchant over a scope, you're using the enchant with the worst stats.

Haha I honestly thought +crit was the way to go. I'll be swapping to Incin's - So glad to be an Engineer

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm using Incendiary Ammo and love it. Doesn't proc much but when it does... damn. Its a BIG chunk of damage.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm using Incendiary Ammo and love it. Doesn't proc much but when it does... damn. Its a BIG chunk of damage.
    I noticed the same thing, when it dose proc, it hits like a freight train.

Incendiary hits for like 20k.

It's by far the best choice. Also procs alot.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Undustas View Post
    Incendiary hits for like 20k.

It's by far the best choice. Also procs alot.
    THIS, i was so suppirsed when the thing proced and crit for 22k i was like wtf did that just happen from a weapon encant/scope what ever it is

Incendiary arrows are like 6% of my dps, proc rate is not that high but highest crit I have seen is 32k! Still I'd rather have it dmg always with lower per time dmg (overall should stay same)

Why are you in a hunter class forum then advocating for people to use non-optimal choices if you have no idea what is better? Do what you want, but don't push your thoughts on others if you haven't put in the research. There is no situation that exists that you would be using anything but Incendiary.

Deleted
    Might be paranoid, but i think they will nerf it. MM + Streamline, + dubble tap + rapid fire makes it proc like stupid, both in pvp and pve.

Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    Might be paranoid, but i think they will nerf it. MM + Streamline, + dubble tap + rapid fire makes it proc like stupid, both in pvp and pve.
    It doesn't proc more for MM than it does for any other spec.

You can read about how RPPM works here: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Real_PPM

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Probably because they do less damage, some people care about that stuff.
    Any tips on getting the Incendiary Laced Ammo? New Engineer here

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Wasn't this a talent in... WoD?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    It doesn't proc more for MM than it does for any other spec.

You can read about how RPPM works here: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Real_PPM
    It procs out of every hit with rapid fire?

Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    It procs out of every hit with rapid fire?
    No it does not. At all. If it did, Marksmanship would be the best spec in the game.