Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    SV here: when i am lucky with wildfire bomb to get shrapnel->volatile it feels great.
    i really thought i did good AoE - until i started leveling my DH...
    AoE as Havoc is broken. if you take fel barrage and have azerite traits in unbound chaos, you can get stupid numbers. rush in, use barrage.
    feels almost as broken as legion fury burst AoE.

For the Warlocks, just go Demo for AoE, it does pretty good AoE and still does well on bosses.

For some reason people think Havoc is bad at dungeons though, I can only surmise this by the LFG tool. A single highly geared and very good WW doing Karma swaps has consistently beaten me, everyone else is pretty far below. 30-50k burst AoE and 15-20k sustained, 9-10k on bosses.

Frost mage is also doing pretty well right now.

Vengeance is above most DPS specs on AoE, but does 4-5k on bosses.

Deleted
    Ret here... and aoe is pretty bad... you only have 2 spells to aoe if you talent WOA (you should) but like everyone is saying if you pop wings ofc you will be doing decent damage but after using WOA you have to build up 3 holy power again to use DS, and that can take some time making or aoe damage source pretty hard to manage.
    Last edited by mmocb12a69ddcb; 2018-08-20 at 09:29 AM.

Deleted
    Ret here.

AoE is feast or famine. If I open with a WoA when available, and then get a flurry of Divine Purpose procs, then I’ll be up there with the best.

Otherwise, mediocre. The time spent building 3 combo points to be able to Divine Storm are painful.

On the flip side, untouchable on bosses - by anyone; and playing with good players.

Havoc with 3 unbound chaos. No other class comes close.

Quote Originally Posted by kliffharry View Post
    Havoc with 3 unbound chaos. No other class comes close.
    Very true for normal dungeons, saw many times green geared DH's running into low HP mob packs peaking for 40-50k, it was just crazy.

It changes a lot in heroic dungeons and mythic+0 with big pulls where mobs don't die in 1-2 globals are dominated by other cleave classes. I guess Havoc is great for casual content esp. when you pull the packs before ramp up specs can do anything.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    I'm Ret so...what's AoE?
    Wow... the Rets I have played with so far are doing great AOE. If you don’t it is not a problem with the spec. Ret are often beating Outlaw on AOE in dumgeons which says a lot.

Complaining just seems to be a part of being a Ret Paladin these days...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Wow... the Rets I have played with so far are doing great AOE. If you don’t it is not a problem with the spec. Ret are often beating Outlaw on AOE in dumgeons which says a lot.

Yes, me complaining means all other Rets are complaining as well
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Deleted

If you are seeing Ret’s often beating Outlaw’s, you are either seeing very bad Outlaw’s, or Ret’s experiencing the feast I described above.

All things being equal, a Ret will never get near an Outlaw on AoE, similarly to how the reverse is true for single target.

Deleted
    You are playing a class not a specc, you can't expect all your speccs to be on par with each other for every aspect of the game. Otherwise we might aswell only have 4 classes, the tank, the melee, the caster and the healer.

Respecc is literally free !

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Yes, me complaining means all other Rets are complaining as well
    I don’t agree. You don’t represent the rest of Ret Paladins.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drayiicha View Post
    If you are seeing Ret’s often beating Outlaw’s, you are either seeing very bad Outlaw’s, or Ret’s experiencing the feast I described above.

All things being equal, a Ret will never get near an Outlaw on AoE, similarly to how the reverse is true for single target.
    I don’t agree. If you’re seeing Rets with low AOE you must be playing with bad Rets.

Deleted
    Fury: Not having numbers but meh AOE feels somewhat clunky and underwhelming outside bladestorm. Keeping the cleave up means quite some micromanagment and the cleave damage itself isn't overwhelming. It's like the only spell worth cleaving is Rampage for 2+ mobs.

Edit: Bladestorm without Engrage (needs either ramp up or rng) is also a bummer.
    Last edited by mmoc442be69514; 2018-08-20 at 02:45 PM.

only 113 on my dh but jesus is it a joke aoe.Im pulling 20 mobs and they die in one eye beam

I started as spriest but I wasn't feeling the spec in general so I swapped to rogue.

Spriest has decent burst aoe on the pulls where you have your cooldowns. I found depending on how fast the tank was pulling, I had all my big stuff every other pull so it would be 1 pull of cool DPS, 1 pull of terrible DPS and so on.

Rogue, I've played spec based on weapons I had at the time. Started as assassination which wasn't the greatest for aoe, and takes a lot more work than some classes to maintain the aoe, but at least it was consistent. Switched to Outlaw recently when I got some weapons and it is pure aoe fun. Great burst aoe, and with the 2 charges of blade flurry, makes it very consistent and smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    That with incarnation? Cause I'm not getting up to that level otherwise. 10k, sure, 20k, no way.
    Brambles ftw ive been using it since legion start never use incarn 332 ilvl

Deleted
    Hydra's Bite and a Volatile bomb make me the king of AOE for 2 sec. After that, I'm doing okay I guess. Reguarly top 1 or 2. Outlaw and Frost mages destroy most of the trash.

Survival hunter seems quite good so far, atleast when it comes to sustained aoe.

Deleted
    I don’t agree. You don’t represent the rest of Ret Paladins.

- - - Updated - - -

I don’t agree. If you’re seeing Rets with low AOE you must be playing with bad Rets.
    You can disagree, but you're wrong. Ret AoE isn't necessarily low, but it certainly isn't up there with Outlaw's.

I can do fantastic AoE with WoA and DP procs, but likewise an Outlaw can do better AoE with Blade Flurry and Killing Spree/Blade Rush.

When I don't have WoA or DP procs, the Outlaw still has Blade Flurry.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Imo AOE ranking among the specs i saw

1)Outlaw/FrostMage/BM
    2)Enhance/Ret/Fury/Arms/Monk
    3)Destro/Frost DK/Affli

Thats it. Rly, most classes running these specs. I did around 30-40 heroic/mythic dungeons and never saw, said, Fire Mage or Sub/AssRogue, or Feral Druid, or Elem Shammy or ShadowP, or MM hunter.

On other hand Frost Mages and Outlow hit like a trucks, and BM/Ret/Fury literally smash 2 buttons to get an amazing AOE.
    Last edited by Harbour; 2018-08-20 at 06:03 PM.

On second thought and after clearing every mythic dungeon, Ret AOE isn't that bad. It's just very reliant on Wake of Ashes. But even without it's half decent I guess. Not as bad as I first thought it was/would be.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle