Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Easy requirement is better than no requirement imo, we get to spend some time in game to unlock something we want without grinding too much. Seriously, it's better to have some stuff to unlock instead of just trying to get better gear

Quote Originally Posted by splatomat View Post
    So just to get this straight...a heavily advertised feature of the expansion requires content that isn't from the expansion. Moreover, this feature isn't available to new players at all, and some parts aren't available to even existing players until they sink enough time into the expansion to get a completely unassociated aspect of the expansion unlocked. Moreover, the feature doesn't even have anything to do with what would be considered "endgame" content. It's literally new-player content as it allows you to create a new character.

Sorry, but this is stupid. It's all arbitrarily gated to slow people down. You pissing and moaning about entitlement doesn't magically make it sensible. But you know that, right?

- - - Updated - - -

No. Wrong. 100% wrong. They're a reward for purchasing the BFA expansion.

Can you play the allied races without buying BFA? No? Okay, so they're tied to BFA. They're BFA content. Please stop. The end.
    Leveling in Vanilla zones isn’t content of BFA either so we should all have unlimited lvl 110 boosts then? Because it sounds like you won’t do content which isn’t a part of the new expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Satelliteyears0o View Post
    Tons of people put in the work and you just want to come in and get a hand out?
    They put in the work to get them earlier
    Early Access

I still believe Blizzard will remove the requirements because it makes no sense to new players.

They are just giving it time...because like you said, people have put in the work for it.
    So they are giving it time for people to forget about the work done.
    It would be pretty stupid if Blizzard removed the requirements and people one week before were doing insane work on the allied races.

I did the grind. It sucked. It sucked bad but I had to make the Nightborne join the Horde.

However, Nightborne are already on the Horde so its stupid to keep asking the rep grind requisite. This extends to all Legion allied races. They should be removed by now and in fact they should have no other requirements.

Give those who did the grind a feat of strength so they can show how much more hardcore than you they are and thats all.

Deleted
    I don’t get this argument that stuff should be given out for free. It’s not needed to have the allied races and if you really want them you should farm the rep like everyone else.

I go back and do transmog runs and farm rep for different mounts all the time, should I get all this without farming because it’s from a different expansion that’s not relevant anymore?

Never understood cries for handouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Zegi View Post
    No, its not quick. The "too much for you, fell free to not do it" is a flawed argument. I paid Blizzard for BfA expansion, the allied races were advertised with BFA, IF BFA launched, I expect to get what I paid for. Your logic is "pay for something new, but return to the old shit to unlock the new shit" I CRINGED.
    You still get allied races with BfA. You still have access to get all the allied races. So far, the flawed arguement is yours.

On a side note, I expect Blizzard to stick to this for the rest of the xpac and then change it during the next xpac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ppl love to debate but don't like to read. Open page about pre-purchse BFA. What we are see about allied races?

New Playable Allied Races: With pre-purchase, you can start to gain favor with the Highmountain Tauren, Lightforged Draenei, Void Elves, and Nightborne to unlock playable characters.
    nothing about free to play. Also this is about pre-purchase. Lets read about modern time.

Allied Races
    Purchase Battle for Azeroth and begin your quest to recruit four new playable Allied Races. Heroes of the Horde can enlist the Highmountain Tauren and Nightborne, and champions of the Alliance can add the Lightforged Draenei and Void Elves to their ranks.
    suddenly nothing about "free to play" again. Well, maybe ppl finally starts to read. To avoid problem with mapping their fantasy to reality?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Visor View Post
    Ppl love to debate but don't like to read. Open page about pre-purchse BFA. What we are see about allied races?

nothing about free to play. Also this is about pre-purchase. Lets read about modern time.

suddenly nothing about "free to play" again. Well, maybe ppl finally starts to read. To avoid problem with mapping their fantasy to reality?
    Nobody is asking for them to be free to play.
    I think what they are asking is to do BfA content to unlock them...because they are BfA content.

So a new or returning player had to level to the content before the current expansion, and then grind that expansion, in order to unlock new races, so that they can create another character and then level that old content again, before they can enjoy the content of the latest expansion. And this is considered okay?

That's just idiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by Visor View Post

All this is something they know but desparately deny.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Early Access
    There are requirements. You don't get access. I would say nice try but it was a bad one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    There are requirements. You don't get access. I would say nice try but it was a bad one.
    What? They were literally advertised as early access.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    A MAIN FEATURE of a new expansion (Allied Races) should not be gated behind a previous expansions content. No other race has ever done that, and it's stupid. This is coming from someone who has them all. Absolutely ridiculous of them.
    sorry its optional you dont need and when you think you need you will do the WORK THE end bye bye

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    What? They were literally advertised as early access.
    You're not reading it correctly. You don't get to just create a character. They tell you that you need rep.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    You're not reading it correctly. You don't get to just create a character. They tell you that you need rep.
    Yeah, but i simply cant grasp this idea.
    This idea that you need to do old content to unlock enitre races that suposedly are from the newest expansion...yet are gated on old content.

As if they were a "Toy" or a "mount"....its entire races! RACES!

I just cant grasp this idea...it makes no sense to me.

Thats why i believe Blizz will do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    It's quick and easy. So if it's too much work for you, feel free to not do it. You have plenty of other races to choose from during character creation. You're not going to get sympathy from the people who did the grind when it was relevant.
    2-3 weeks isn't "quick and easy" luckily I re-subbed a month before bfa and got it done. but i certainly can see someones frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by Zegi View Post
    A new expansion launched > Returning player likes to play a void elf > He can't, he needs to return to legion content and grind = wtf ?
    I agree. Achievement requirements from a prior expansion are a terrible idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Satelliteyears0o View Post
    Tons of people put in the work and you just want to come in and get a hand out?
    I think you miss the point he's trying to make. I don't think anyone has a problem with having to do quests/rep/whatever to unlock the races. Noone minds it for Zandalari trolls of Kul Tiran humans. The issue people have with this is that the allied races you get from legion content are the biggest selling point of the new expansion (they're at the top of the list of new features).

Say you're a returning player who wants to level a Nightborne or void elf. Even if you have played legion for a while, and have a max level character, you can't jump into the new exciting content for the expansion you just bought. If you don't have a lvl 110 it's even more annoying.

This is the new content that they advertise at the very top of the BFA website.
    Even though I'm personaly not too bothered with it, it's still a weird decision.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Adrena View Post
    Wahhh. wahhhh

I can't get content without playing content.

Wahhh Wahhh/

I'm a returning player, it's BS that i'm not auto 120 with full epics

Wahh wahh
    Dude, not cool.

I entered this sad thread to post the same thing !
    Zul'Jin died for our sins.
    --
    My Loa are smiling at me infidel. can you say the same?

These allied races are already recruited. You see Alleria in the very first BFA quest battle for lordaeron. You see the nightfallen open up portals for the horde in the intro quests. Logically it makes no sense that players are now required to somehow go back in time and gain reputation as if these allied races are complete strangers.

It makes sense for these 4 allied races to be immediately playable upon purchase of BFA.
    Last edited by styil; 2018-08-17 at 12:31 PM.