Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    The 4 current allied races were "shipped" with the Battle for Azeroth pre-order, which happened months before the actual shipping of BfA.

Not sure what your post intended to convey so I'm just answering the question your post seemed to be asking, feel feel to disregard if that wasn't the point of your post.
    Uh, is 8.0 legion or BFA, because that's when you we gave the ABILITY to UNLOCK races.

No where in any BFA promo did it say that you we going to be given races, it said you were going to be given the ability to unlock races, so now that we've closed your little circle around the question I ask again:

Did you gain the ability to unlock races with BFA?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Checkt View Post

Unlocking them is not the problem, the problem is that the unlocking needs to be done in old content. If you are hyped for BfA it sucks to go back to legion in order to get the race you wanted. There is no need to punish new or returning players, is there? I want to play with my friend but he is only doing Argus rep stuff for his void elf, and i tell you he is not having fun.. kinda sad tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    See above. Blizzard is not consistent with how much time different systems require and power progression is actually the worst case of it despite being focus of the game.
    Nowhere does it stay consistency is required. And while I see your point, this discussion isn't about raid tiers or power progression. Stay on topic.

This gripe is seriously the most repeated and ridiculous complaint. People still whining could've had all four races unlocked by now. It's the mindset of a child to complain about something until it's fixed, instead of just doing it and being done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zegi View Post
    A new expansion launched > Returning player likes to play a void elf > He can't, he needs to return to legion content and grind = wtf ?
    how so i did it!!!!!!!
    - - - Updated - - -

A new expansion launched > Returning player likes to play a void elf > He can't, he needs to return to legion content and grind = wtf ?
    -_- get yo lazy A up and do the damn rep

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Unlocking them is not the problem, the problem is that the unlocking needs to be done in old content. If you are hyped for BfA it sucks to go back to legion in order to get the race you wanted. There is no need to punish new or returning players, is there? I want to play with my friend but he is only doing Argus rep stuff for his void elf, and i tell you he is not having fun.. kinda sad tbh.
    Man, that is sad - Alexa play 'move the fuck on' by... wait what do you mean that's not a song?

Unlockables have been a thing almost since the dawn of video gaming..and have always required you to do whatever was required to unlock them. One of the features of BFA was that you can unlock races...and you can, so I don't really care to hear your bitching about having to do things to unlock them.

I agree it's pretty dumb but then again Blizzard makes dumb decisions constantly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adrena View Post
    Wahhh. wahhhh

I can't get content without playing content.

Wahhh Wahhh/

I'm a returning player, it's BS that i'm not auto 120 with full epics

Wahh wahh
    I've never understood how people think new races are "content".

Quote Originally Posted by Checkt View Post
    Uh, is 8.0 legion or BFA, because that's when you we gave the ABILITY to UNLOCK races.

No where in any BFA promo did it say that you we going to be given races, it said you were going to be given the ability to unlock races, so now that we've closed your little circle around the question I ask again:

Allied races were unlocked well before Patch 8.0, during patch 7.3.5. They didn't launch with 7.3.5 but became available during the time frame that patch was active but they were only able to even be an option to unlock to those who pre-ordered Battle for Azeroth. If you did not have Battle for Azeroth pre-ordered you could not get those races. They were shipped as a feature of Battle for Azeroth as you couldn't unlock them unless you pre-ordered the expansion, so they are technically (as confirmed by Blizzard) a Battle for Azeroth feature that was available prior to the actual Battle for Azeroth launch date, which was only a few days ago.

So..to answer your question, you gained the ability to unlock races when you purchased BfA.

I have no gripe with the allied races or how they're unlocked, I was just answering your question.

Deleted
    What did i tell you?

This was bound to happen.
    First of many threads.

Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    It's quick and easy. So if it's too much work for you, feel free to not do it. You have plenty of other races to choose from during character creation. You're not going to get sympathy from the people who did the grind when it was relevant.
    It's easy, but it's far from quick, unless you have a dozen 110 alts who can abuse the BoA rep token world quests.

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Unlocking them is not the problem, the problem is that the unlocking needs to be done in old content.
    Pray, what difference does it make? It's just a fucking label. It is not harder - in fact, quite the opposite, it will be ridiculous once you pick up a few levels over 110.

Awww the poor returning (ie quit after raid ran) has to work and play the game for something like the rest of us did. Bless your heart! (in my sweetest southern accent)
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    While I can agree that it's kind of weird to have an allied race gated behind last expansion content, I can't help but feel there are two radically opposite sides and no one can ever win:
    1. The roleplayers, those who would prefer that content is laid out as to make the most sense. In this case, it makes sense that you have to be friends with allied races to gain their trust, regardless of expansions.
    2. The logicals, those who would rather measure things by their rightful weight. In this case, making allied races available with BfA content makes sense, since they are considered to be a BfA feature.

You can't please both "factions" at the same time. Ever. One has to give in every time a new issue like this arises. On this one I'll have to side with the roleplayers though. Going back to the rightful content in order to unlock something has always been part of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Yes, I know this... but the Four Released Allied races were, say it with me now, Rewards for playing Legion. Can you playing BfA w/o them... Yes, you can. Do you NEED those four Allied Races to Play through BfA Content... No... you don't. Same goes with the Allied races that will be unlocked for BfA, they are rewards for playing BfA, and are not necessary for the Expac to follow. Plain and Simple. You want them.... Earn them like the rest of us.
    Pre-Order perk is what they were. You got to access the races early with the pre-order.

I don't have any milk of human kindness for the people who complain. I got my requirements completed before they "helped" the rep grind. So everyone can go cry a river. Horde side was basically available from launch of Legion and Argus rep rewarded reusable rune and mounts so there is really no reason that people who played didn't have them.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

It was a reward for Playing Legion Content... so... YES.
    But its a selling point of BFA.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Pre-Order perk is what they were. You got to access the races early with the pre-order.
    Bingo! But, I'm sure a bunch of folks will try to argue semantics with you....because that is what they seem to like to do....lol

Anytime Blizz does something nice (like give you early access to a feature), some folks will always pop out of the woodwork to complain. It's pretty funny...

It was a reward for Playing Legion Content... so... YES.
    Provide a source for that claim.

Early access to the races was the reward for completing Legion, during Legion.

Locking the races in a prior expansion is just a dumb design choice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    Would love to see their faces when they try out classic servers!
    Or when they find out they have to level them from 20 to get the racial armour!

7+ Year Old Account
    Fanboys defending blizz for every greedy decision they make... sigh
    You say that crap only because you farmed this for weeks and now you're so "cool" and "hardcore".

14 years we always get this staple of new expansion: race/class (tbh in recent years "new" things dwindle a lot).
    I would be ok with locking races/classes behind some requirements if that was a thing since beginning... and in many cases it would make sense to lock them behind reps/questing but they didn't do that because they new that is important for new and returning players and also to refresh od game.

We all know context is a key and today "triple AAA" is on mobile game greed level. Everyone of them has gambling loot boxes even when paid full price.
    Sadly Activision-Blizzard is there with EA and Ubi.
    All this is just to squeeze more subs and if marketing was honest and people knew that to play one of the 4 new "reskins" you need to grind for months not only in BfA but also Legion, many would not buy BfA.
    Blizz do not post sub numbers anymore and I think BfA will lose subs really fast after 1st month but who cares, add more shit to mount store for 30€.

Deleted
    Jesus Christ, what a bunch of losers here defending this shit because they did the "grind". You all feel fucking special over just playing the game....

If you come back for bfa because you see the allied races and you get told well it's legion content so fuck you!

You are all a bunch of douches that think you are all so hardcore for doing some world quests for rep, I bet most of you don't do shit beside lfr and world quests and that is fine but why give this guy such a hard time over not being able to play the race he likes?

Locking stuff behind rep is totally fine but locking races behind it just sucks for new/returning players. And even saying you did the work, gtfo with that bullshit, you just played, that's it.
    And yes I do have the allied races because just like you, i also did some world quests. WHOO, THE GRIND!
    Last edited by mmocd9c49027e6; 2018-08-16 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrashmetal View Post
    14 years we always get this staple of new expansion: race/class (tbh in recent years "new" things dwindle a lot).
    The ONLY new changes I disagreed with were changes to Professions (thankfully back to normal) and Pathfinder (still bothersome). I hate hitting level cap knowing I am still not allowed to fly until X.2 patch. Also, there is a difference between a fanboy and someone who is simply OK with the changes.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi