Poll: War Mode Status

Thread: War Mode Status

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

War Mode Status

Many many players had Warm Mode turned on at release for the extra XP gains and relative safety during leveling. Now that people are 120 did you keep it turned on? Or have you since switched it off because you dont want to be ganked?

Personally i had it turned off at launch because i wanted to take leveling slow and enjoy my time and upon hitting 120 i turned it on and left it on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never had it on, probably never will. I’ve always been on a PvE server and the 10% bonus hardly affects my gameplay, so it’s completely useless to me. I’m not a fan of competition in any game. I play games to become immersed in the sights, sounds, and stories. To each their own.

Turned it on to reach 120 because 10% is just too good to pass up. But good lord has it been painful a couple times. I'm at 119 and as soon as I don't 120 it's going off. I may turn it back on for dailies if I notice reduced Horde activity.

turned off for good when i finished the zones.
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

Had it on since they put in the game. Been doing about all world quests every day since I got to 120 and been in the "world" a lot. So far one alliance player has attacked me. So.. world is pretty dead.

Had it switched on for leveling, mostly for the pvp talents though.
    I turned it off yesterday, I always get annoyed when I come back from being afk and I'm dead.
    Also playing the game is just 99% less frustrating without pvp for me, personally.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    On, there has been a minimal amount of ganking really. Mostly there is scummy rogues but that is to be expected -- after all that is like their entire class fantasy.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Had it turned on for leveling on my main, turned it off at 120. Left it on after 120 for my second raid character. I've been ganked once, I killed one other player.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Have it on all the time and so far it has been like playing on a pvp server. Peaceful coexistance with the occasional murder. I was a bit worried that it would be a constant gank fest, but so far nothing has changed from the old system.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

I had it off all the time. Still hit max level the day after release, with having done only half of last zone.

The increased exp is overrated compared to the safety i feel in the open world.

5+ Year Old Account
    Did a handful of BGs during levelling, and confirmed that PvP remains a tanks- and leather wearers-exclusive club. I haven't even thought about activating it since.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I turned it on for leveling and kept it on afterwards.
    It's not that I want to have it on, but the 10% extra AP is just too good, when you're a mythic raider.

That being said, I've encountered 1 single 5-man group actively trying to pvp yet. Thankfully my DH was specced into vengeance, so I could leap into safety with the help of sigil of chains, so I didn't die to them.

Once world pvp happens too much, I'll turn it off.

In the beginning, I planned on only having it on for leveling, but see the first paragraph of my post.

Im going to turn it off because doing world quest with 15 phased people is NOT FUNNY

Deleted
    I do all the world quests with a group of friends so I will never turn it of as it's 10% extra for free pretty much.

We all got the alliance slayer title and it's fun fighting people while in a full group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna keep it on for awhile longer, I haven't run into that many horde folks lately and when I do they usually do some emotes or just don't engage me so I let them be and they let me be but to the ones who do what static!.....I'll KILL YOU ALL!! *foams at the mouth*.

Won't ever use it. It's annoying as heck, not being able to quest and do stuff with friends but I guess thats how Blizzard wants it these days.

For the record, the purpose of this post was because, to my understanding War Mode players are phased from Non War Mode players, and i noticed that when i turned it on i dont really see many people, horde or alliance.

Really only useful for exp bonus and Pvp talents. 10% bonus azerite is basically meaningless as it's all going to be rendered pointless when they implement a catch up mechanic like they did with AP.

Turned it on when they added it and left it like that. It's fun, plus I was in PvP realm before, so I'm just used to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

Quote Originally Posted by pappa View Post
    Had it on since they put in the game. Been doing about all world quests every day since I got to 120 and been in the "world" a lot. So far one alliance player has attacked me. So.. world is pretty dead my server is pretty dead
    Fixed that for you