Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cierah View Post
    TL;DR... in the end the baker is a hypocrite if he isn't practicing everything in the Bible rather than cherry picking which so many of his ilk do. The clip on YT from the West Wing hits on this so succinctly about the pure hypocrisy of these clearly discriminatory practices. Does he wear any leather or have a leather wallet? He's violating the tenets in the Bible. Does he do ANY work on Sunday? Again he's violating tenets. Does his wife wear anything but dresses? He's permitting violations. Cherry pickers.

Sure some may come to his rescue saying "oh but he's not devout". That is basically the same thing as saying "hey, I'm going to cherry pick what I choose to have as my faith and what I don't" which in the end still circles back to hypocrisy.
    I'd tried selling my sister into slavery, once.

I was discriminated against as they wouldn't let me sell her

Or even part exchange!

Religious discrimination!!

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    You can't legally force people to do business with you if they don't like you or don't want to,1 it is their right even if they are discriminating against me. I may pity them and not like them form it, but they are free to say no, not going to try and get the courts to force them to do so
    1) If the reason you refuse to do is business is because they're apart of a protected class, you can't force them but you can sue them and maybe they go to jail, pay fines, and so on. And that keeps happening until they go out of business, go back to jail, or comply.

2) It isn't their right, there's a reason you don't see "no niggers, no jews" signs anymore.

I'm not sure why the fuck you people want to bring back Jim Crow era but for gay people.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    I wanted to highlight the bottom portion of this as its how I feel exactly. Ive never seen a group so hell bent on standing up on their soap box. I actually had a discussion on reddit with a guy that made a LGBT only community in WoW. I posed the simple question to him.

Why do you scream about equality / acceptance in one breath then do everything in your power to put yourself up on a pedestal so you can pound your chest and scream at the top of your voice how different you are?

Lets introduce a Straight Pride Month. Their would be protests and riots in the streets.
    Where was the gay community a mere 50 years ago? Being beaten by police and thrown in jail. Where is it today, and how did it get there? Quietly? Nicely? And have we even really achieved equality when discrimination laws are still state by state? When some states still have sodomy laws on the books? It has nothing to do with needing love or attention, it has to do with being seen as a full human by the law. I could care less what you personally feel, but get the hell out of the way of progress for human rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    "I was raised differently" isn't a reason to be ignorant.

"I don't believe in homosexuality" is just plain stupid. That's like saying "I don't believe the way light waves work means the sky appears blue to me"
    That's the beauty of all of this. You don't have to like what the fuck I have to say. I don't care lol. You don't have to agree with how I say things either. I find gay acts disgusting just like a gay couple find straight acts disgusting. I find some straight acts disgusting as well but I wont get into all of that here lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Because he found out what the SUBJECT of the cake was.
    It's a pink cake with blue icing. He's fine with making that. He's just not fine selling it to a transgender person.

People keep acting like there's some serious art, here. It's a simple cake. He wasn't asked to put any decorations on it he found objectionable. He's just a bigot.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    You can't legally force people to do business with you if they don't like you or don't want to,1 it is their right even if they are discriminating against me. I may pity them and not like them form it, but they are free to say no, not going to try and get the courts to force them to do so
    The idea that any of this is "forcing" anyone to do business with anyone else is a nonsense argument. It's like complaining that you're "forced" to not stab people who annoy you. If he doesn't want to serve the public, he's free to not run a public accommodation. If he chooses to do so, he's beholden to the laws that regulate such trade. That's all this is.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    I asked you a simple yes or no question and you keep on dodging it.

Are you okay with Discrimination?
    You seem to want to paint everything black and white when its not even close to a black and white issue.

I am okay with someone that owns a private business that doesn't agree with something to refuse service. Period.

I find gay acts disgusting just like a gay couple find straight acts disgusting.
    Are you assuming this is what all gay people think?
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Deleted
    That's the beauty of all of this. You don't have to like what the fuck I have to say. I don't care lol. You don't have to agree with how I say things either. I find gay acts disgusting just like a gay couple find straight acts disgusting. I find some straight acts disgusting as well but I wont get into all of that here lol.
    Bake their cake, decline to suck dick.

It's not rocket science.

You seem to want to paint everything black and white when its not even close to a black and white issue.
    And you seem to dodge the question constantly. Again are you okay with Discrimination?

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Deleted

I am okay with someone that owns a private business that doesn't agree with something to refuse service. Period.
    So no blacks signs are ok?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got a good chuckle out of that.

Are you assuming that every person who doesn't necessarily agree with homosexuality are hateful bigots? We can go round and round brotato.

Like I said, I have some gay friends. Bring up straight sex and its "ewwwwwwie!!!". I said "a gay couple" not "all gay couples". You are a tad slow on the wind up their chief.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    NO they shouldn't, and these folks SHOULD be able to go to any baker. Im asking WHY they would want to go to THIS baker who seems to hate their lifestyle. Is he the absolute BEST baker around, then I could understand dealing with his shit, otherwise, surly there are other bakers who dont cling to millennia old dogma.
    he does have some insanely good fudge.

like, insanely good.

I don't find straight acts disgusting... I don't care. You are a homophobic person... that's all and then you bitch as if you're the victim because people call you a bigot. Well stop acting like one?

You are delusional is the point here. Note the sky example.

You find gay acts disgusting... okay.. do they make you angry inside because if they do... maybe go see a therapist while you struggle about your sexuality.

Like I said, I have some gay friends.
    Yeah and Trump has Black Friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    If a baker doesn't want to make a cake for two guys because they're gay and refuses to make any type of cake, which is what happened no fine.
    Then the question I have to ask is how did the baker know they were gay ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    So no blacks signs are ok?

Are you assuming that every person who doesn't necessarily agree with homosexuality are hateful bigots? We can go round and round brotato.

Like I said, I have some gay friends. Bring up straight sex and its "ewwwwwwie!!!". I said "a gay couple" not "all gay couples". You are a tad slow on the wind up their chief.

I mean you sound like a hateful bigot, and you're saying hateful bigot things, but you don't want to be branded a hateful bigot.

That's like killing a random person and saying "I'm not a murderer"

You have gay friends... and some racist have black friends. An acquaintance her brother threatened (with a gun) to kill her "wetback" boyfriend and later told her to never date a nigger, he also had a black friend.

So saying "but I have gay friends" doesn't make you not a bigot.

You're okay with Discrimination?

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Then the question I have to ask is how did the baker know they were gay ?
    Easy. They stood on their soap box and let it be known.