Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    If the cake required the baker to depict a devil licking a dildo and that's one of the reasons he refused to make it, then the Human Rights Commission has to consider that and approve his refusing to make the cake.
    If it's a specific art piece whose content he doesn't want to produce but he's willing to otherwise serve the customer, I'm fine with that.

That's not what's going on with this baker.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    Its almost like you need a definition class on some of the terms you toss around. Let me help you out there cupcake.

Phobia : an extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to something

Intolerant : not tolerant of views, beliefs, or behavior that differ from one's own.

When have I ever showed that I have an extreme fear of anything.
    https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/homophobia
    homophobia

Dislike of or prejudice against homosexual people.

I'll also note that the above falls neatly withing "aversion to something", which was part of your cited definition, but you skipped that bit apparently.

If you're going to complain that other people don't know what words mean, make real sure you're in the right, bucko.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    No, this case is proof of religious persecution.
    Wrong. It's proof of a persecution COMPLEX among religious nuts.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

So all those poor white businesses owners who were forced to stop discriminating against blacks were suffering religious persecution also? Remember some used religious reasons for their discrimination.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    What do you not like about homosexuality? you personally are not involved in sucking dicks and fucking guys are you, if not, what in the fuck is your problem?

The gay community is so hateful... because we make sure bigots who are trying to say they are bigots know they're bigots?

- - - Updated - - -

Do they already serve it is the question. Because if they do and they refuse to that is a different issue.
    You are one angry little shit aren't ya?

The only one that has a problem here is you. Your reading comprehension is abysmal.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only "religious persecution" in this case is the owner of the bakery persecuting his customers, due to his religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Christians don't have to tolerate sin any more than you have to tolerate pedophilia, racism, murder, etc.

But then again, if you don't believe in absolute truths, then I guess you won't understand the metric.

Gays... pedophlia, racism... murder. One of these things is not like the other.

Christians don't have to tolerate sin
    An arbitrary 2000 year old non official law is not a valid way to determine treatment of others, so yes - Christians have to tolerate all things that the law says are acceptable.

What Christians don't have to do is embrace these things.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

So all those poor white businesses owners who were forced to stop discriminating against blacks were suffering religious persecution also? Remember some used religious reasons for their discrimination.
    It's no different than using the garbage concept of privilege to justify your hatred of white people.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The only "religious persecution" in this case is the owner of the bakery persecuting his customers, due to his religion.
    So you would be ok with the baker executing his right to free speech by determining the type and makeup of the cakes he is willing to cook ?

As long as the baker treats each customer with the same set of rules ?

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    You are one angry little shit aren't ya?

The only one that has a problem here is you. Your reading comprehension is abysmal.

The only problem here is you're homophobic but decline to admit you're a bigot at the same time while saying bigoted things.

There is a certain man who thinks it’s funny to suggest a woman get back in the kitchen. Or tells her not to cry when something goes slightly awry. Or asks whether it’s her ‘time of the month’ if she’s annoyed.

Those men - well, they’re many things - but according to a new study, men who make sexist jokes are probably just insecure about their masculinity.

In news that will come as little surprise to many, science has proven that men who use sexist and anti-gay humour do so to reaffirm their own sense of self, particularly when they feel their masculinity is being threatened.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-a7694591.html

Do you feel threatened?

- - - Updated - - -

Sin is sin according to Christians, you can try and rank them however you want.

peodphilia is backed by the Bible, so is racism, and murder... well according to the Bible people who discriminate against other people and use the lord to do so should be murdered.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/homophobia
    homophobia

Dislike of or prejudice against homosexual people.
    So what is the correct term then for fear or aversion of homosexuals, I don't mean hatred. I have a particular person in mind who hired them, worked with them, treated them as peers - but was terrified of them due to a childhood incident ?

The only problem here is you're homophobic but decline to admit you're a bigot at the same time while saying bigoted things.

Do you feel threatened?
    Yep. You're still angry. You have issues bro. Honestly, you give gay folk a bad name. I honestly wouldn't want you representing me if I were a gay guy.

Again, he was perfectly fine making the cake. He just didn't want to make that cake for that particular customer.

You're also drawing false equivalences in your hypotheticals, which doesn't help you make your case. This is the equivalent of selling US flag cakes, selling one to Customer A who's a white MAGA-hat-wearing dude, and refusing to sell another to a second customer because they 'look Mexican".
    No, he's refusing it for that particular reason - they announced it was going to be used to celebrate a coming out anniversary party. If they had just said it was for their birthday and by the way they're transgender, I would agree with you, but that does not seem to be the case (from the article in the op). In fact from what I recall he had happily served the gay couple in the previous case several times previously - just not for that particular event.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Your view of religion/belief is quite skewed if you think that.
    don't make us whip out the bible versus saying just that. but as with working on Sunday, wearing mixed fabrics, and eating shrimp religious people suuuuure love to pick and choose whats sinful or not.

Do you feel threatened?

- - - Updated - - -

peodphilia is backed by the Bible, so is racism, and murder... well according to the Bible people who discriminate against other people and use the lord to do so should be murdered.
    So, what does it say about you and your continued bigotry against whites?

Quote Originally Posted by Jotunhammer View Post
    Except one thing.... according to the bible homosexuality is a sin, while alcoholism is never mentioned at all being a sin in the bible.
    so your arguments falls.

Alcoholism, while being wrong, is not actually against GOD, though guidelines of the churches etc speaks of being moderate
    or abstain from alcohol unless in medical purposes it does not go against the laws of GOD.
    The bible tells you to "Not get drunk on wine for it leads to debauchery". So being a drunkard is against God.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    So you would be ok with the baker executing his right to free speech by determining the type and makeup of the cakes he is willing to cook ?

As long as the baker treats each customer with the same set of rules ?
    Not really sure what you're asking.

If the baker wants to run a gluten-free bakery, and thus doesn't include any wheat products in any of his stuff, then that's not discrimination in any respect at all. He's providing the same products to any customers who walk in. If someone asks for something with wheat, he can offer alternatives, but he's not going to be expected to make them something with wheat in it; he doesn't make that stuff there.

If a baker doesn't make wedding cakes, he's similarly not going to be obliged to make a wedding cake for a customer just because they ask them to.

The basic rule of thumb on this stuff is whether the proprietor would provide the same product or service to a different customer. And in this particular case, the baker had no issue with the particulars of the cake he was asked to make. Just the customer he was asked to make it for.

Your view of religion/belief is quite skewed if you think that.
    If by skewed you mean non existent - then yeah, it is skewed

- - - Updated - - -

Not really sure what you're asking.
    If a baker doesn't make wedding cakes, he's similarly not going to be obliged to make a wedding cake for a customer just because they ask them to.
    If the baker doesn't make wedding cakes with two male toys on the top of the cake ? But he does make them with a little groom and little bride ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    If the baker doesn't make wedding cakes with two male toys on the top of the cake ? But he does make them with a little groom and little bride ?
    If he doesn't have a two-guys toy behind the counter, then he can't offer that. I really don't understand the point of this kind of brinksmanship, though. Inevitably, you'll get to a point where it's "ehh, maybe? Let's let the courts decide". Stuff like this is never clear-cut, because jury decisions themselves are somewhat subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Wrong. It's proof of a persecution COMPLEX among religious nuts.
    And yet more proof. Those preaching tolerance, are the most intolerant. Religious nuts? Who made you the estimator of religious acceptability? You have decided what limits there are to religious freedom? Nice! Always wanted to know who the authority was on that subject.