Poll: How good were the last 5 days for you?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goeres View Post
    A 9, love the new zones, feels so much open than the legion zones (felt so small scaled)
    Fun fact, Broken Isles while having 5 zones is literally only 25% bigger than KT or Zanda alone. World is about as big as Draenor/OL. A bit smaller than Northrend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    It feels like a beta test at times.

Island Expeditions are a colossal fucking failure of epic proportions.

Azerite armor at 120 requires far too high a level on the heart. Theres no reason a ilvl 310 item should require me to reach level 22 when that piece is essentially quest reward tier.

Questing is fine, navigating Dazar'Alor can be a pain though.

Visuals are very good, but if the gameplay is hollow, whats it matter?
    Cant fix visuals as easily as you can fix gameplay. Hoping they at least bandaid the azerite system in 8.1. Adding a lot to it in 8.2 so its actually decent.

I went with a 7, it's alright. Nothing spectacular but not bad either. Dungeons are nice, bosses seem to die too fast many times not letting them do their whole rotations (except for the last ones), trash quantity feels a little overwhelming at times. The world is nice, although the scaling is annoying when all you want to do is farm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would say, 7-8 'ish, could push 9 if hyped.

The wife and I have just recently reached lvl. 120 and we're clearing out all the zones before moving with HC's and WQ's. Enjoying it so far. There is a few scaling bumps in the gear as well as a few mobs, else, all is smooth sailing.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    It's my own thread but well, I'll shoot:

I gave it a 6. Leveling was great on the alliance side, but the content seems pretty meh (for example, island expeditions and warmodes were very disappointing), and the pruning went too far this time. Doesn't help that we're feeling so much weaker in BFA.

Beautiful zones, next level ingame cinematics, great 5 mans and enough content to keep having stuff to do even at 2 days 20 hours played at 110. Not perfect, not horrible, solid 7.
    Never underestimate the unknown, or some shit. *shrugs i unno*

Deleted
    I still think that it went this way though:

-people who started playing in 2005-2009 gave it a 0-6

-people who started to play right afer Wotlk gave it a 2-8

-people who started to play right after MOP gave it a 4-10

The later you started, the less you understood how much better it was before.

And no, fuck this, lol at the people who gave it a 10, you guys are sheep who would thank Blizzard feeding you shit if they told you it was content.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortextex View Post

And no, fuck this, lol at the people who gave it a 10, you guys are sheep who would thank Blizzard feeding you shit if they told you it was content.
    I started in 05 and gave it an 8.

I don't hold much rose goggles for pre-Cata, in fact Classic WoW doesn't move my needle an inch.

The new content we got is pretty fun, the characters are awesome, and it's a good break for me from roulette grinding in FFXIV.

Now if you'd asked me how I felt after Sylvanas Warbringers I'd have probably been in the 0-6 range. Which should tell you exactly what part of this expansion I'm most worried about. Well okay besides the endgame experience which I wouldn't even say Legion did great. Good maybe, but I don't think WoW has had a great endgame experience since they removed Valor/Justice Points.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I'd give it a 9. Good all around, I didn't have to do as much googling of quests to figure out where the last acorn/feather/widget was, which was a huge plus.

Deleted
    Solid 7. Better than the initial days of Legion by far, due to no legendary anxiety and no nickel-and-dime bs content with seemingly every crafting recipe requiring a multi-quest chain and a blood sacrifice at dusk.

Zones: Zuldazar excellent, both visuals and story, Nazmir arright, Vol'Dun meh. Zuldazar was on the level of Suramar for me. I know right? Guess I like the nice lush jungle (FUCKING FINALLY a change of visuals after literal years of wasteland... green, gray, brownish-puke green, you name it). Sue me.

I like how the story is a step back from Dragon Ball Z level flying in space punching out Titans and killing major villains to being adventurers again. Fits WoW much better.

Mythic zeros are ok. I have my reservations and still think Cata heroics at launch were the best implementation of 5-mans this game has. Less gimmicks in dungeons this time, which is a good thing, I hated the gimmick fights in VotW in Legion, for example.

Island expeditions are underwhelming, but I expected them to be. These are the equivalent of MoP scenarios after all. Still better because you get to run around for shits and giggles and get globaled by overtuned NPCs sometimes. Fun.

The only aspect where Blizz has truly shit the bed is class design imo. I completely agree we feel waaaay weaker at 120 that 110 (even at Legion start). This breaks the core concept of character progression inherent to all pseudo-rpgs (MMOs, roguelikes, h&s games etc). And in particular, Affliction feels slow, rigid and crap (thank you very much, Shadow Bolt whiners, it's really awesome to again have our filler be a boring 2 second static cast with no interaction with high movement being the norm in mythic dungeons seemingly). Destro feels... well, fuck, the same as Legion but slower and clunkier?

I cannot fathom why Blizzard didn't at least give us a 120 talent tier with some abilities. ANYTHING. The way things are, no progression from 110 to 120 is visible, only regression as our stats scale down and down. Azerite gear is no replacement for this at all. Traits are yawn-inducing (proc +500 stat on this, get 6% damage on that, get a 8% hp shield every 30s... could they even BE more boring?).

So I expect my enjoyment of the expansion to quickly diminish due to this, unless whatever story comes in the next patch is very enticing. Uldir is probably going to be tuned like EN. Hope Azshara is good and hope the next batch of Azerite traits are more like proper set bonuses or even legiondary effects that change rotation and offer interesting interactions, and not +1000 stat, 12% damage and 16% hp shield...
    Last edited by mmoc4588e6de4f; 2018-08-18 at 09:09 PM.

Deleted

I think it's far more likely you're just one of those people who is unable to accept the reality that other people are equally capable of forming their own opinion. I've been playing WoW since Day 1, and I gave it a 7 here. Because based on the content it's capable of holding my interest and giving me stuff to do. I don't need the game to reinvent the wheel, it's supposed to be fun and it's checking that box for me.

If you are dissatisfied with it, stop playing it. If you want it to be good again, offer constructive feedback. Broadly stating everyone who isn't a vanilla baby is wrong is just infantile.

You're probably right, it's only the beginning, so people are having a good time right now, they don't see everything that's wrong with it. Mark my words though, if Blizzard doesn't bring an enormous amount of changes in 8.1, it's gonna do down in the top 3 of the worst wow expansions with cata and WoD
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Or maybe they enjoy something you dont? I gave it a 7. 9 leveling, like 6 for end game. If the neck was as good as weapons it would be an 8 or 9 for endgame atm.
    "End game" for the first 5 days, omegalul...

I'm level 120 with an ilvl of 331. I've done all the story line in Kultiras and have found Drustvar and TS to be awesome, Stormsong valley not soo much. I did the main Jaina story line and it's soo freaking good. Dungeons are pretty difficult as you can't just burn through them (at least on mythic). It's a great xpac soo far. 8/10

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong... I started 05/05/2005 right before my birthday and gave it an 8. It's really not as bad as people think for a start to the xpac.
    EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLIN. ┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓

Started in late 2005, gave it a 9. Let's hear why you think 2005 - 2009 had better content in the launch week of each release.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    No idea...because going by the bitch factor on this forum, the most popular opinion should be a 2?

Maybe the vocal people and the ones silently enjoying things just don't match up.

And apart from that...opinions and all that. I mean..if your standards are so high ...what game are you playing nowadays and if you did buy BfA..why so? You have been warned by endless threads on MMO C
    I have many things that piss me off with this expansion that I am vocal about, but that doesn't mean the overall enjoyment of the game is bad.

8/9 Not the best but it has been enjoyable. Alliance storyline is really good even though we basically follow the horde or an old god causing death and destruction.
    Not sure I like the new dishonorable no line can't be crossed horde. Consistently murdering civilians and bombing the crap out of towns with children while impaling their parents on the side of their homes seems a bit too far for their tactics. It's not like back in the day where you had anything to have empathy for them.

I played through 120 and all zones in war mode but now that I am farming dailies I flipped it off. They could make it a bit easy to flip on and off. I wish the PvP talents could stay on at all times though because some of them are really great for pve. Like the temporal shield for mages.

Expeditions are meh ok murderfest.

Epic BGs not feeling that great, maybe because people forgot how to play them?

Regular BGs are the same.

Travel is surprisingly acceptable despite no flying.

Love the Tortollan.

Overall though a good expac.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pros: World design, questing, story.

Mixed: Nothing to do besides grinding heroics/mythics/rep

Cons: Expeditions and azerite gear

Id say 7/10 for the launch experience. Would be 5/10 in like couple months.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazdros View Post
    Started in late 2005, gave it a 9. Let's hear why you think 2005 - 2009 had better content in the launch week of each release.
    We had nothing to compare it to back then. It’s all we knew.

Now we can compare to all the previous expansions.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

I've only had two gaming sessions so far, swamped with work... doesn't help we're understaffed... (Airport dispatchers + ramp agents; WTB Employees to hire!).

BUT, so far I have enjoyed the questing. Pity my class, Shadow, sucks so much now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    We had nothing to compare it to back then. It’s all we knew.

Now we can compare to all the previous expansions.
    This doesn't answer my question on Vanilla - WOTLK launch weeks, and there were plenty of MMOs to compare WoW to before it got expansion releases.

Nostalgia goggles are real, and people are years divorced from the content. This is where my skepticism comes from when people make flippant claims.

9 is the most popular option so far? Damn, people are either in denial or the quality standard nowadays is super low...or maybe both?
    Majority of people are still questing, and even the most vocal haters admit that the zones are gorgeous and the questing is good (or at worst decent).
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.