Poll: War Mode Status

Thread: War Mode Status

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    I never turned it on because I don't want to be reminded that the players who have it on exist.
    What, people who like something else than you? Quel horreur! You must be a quite sad person if you're bothered by the fact that I'll never turn War Mode off because I want to find other people who want World PvP.

OT: I've turned it off a few times because there were WQs that were bugged in War Mode for some reason, other than that I've had it on permanently since it came, and I've gotten 350 kills on my allied race character I leveled for BfA, all in open world. It's been pretty dead at times, sadly, but other times it's been great.

Always turned on but i avoid attacking people since it's just a waste of time for both parties.

15+ Year Old Account
    Keep it on for, playing as blood DK, -50% CD on rune weapon, -15% hp on targets and +8% magic dmg taken, most ppl avoid fighting tanks so minimal ganking.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    The system is a nice idea but I feel it's been ruined by those who group up and wipe out all before them. It was nice levelling with a bit of risk and I don't mind running into an isolated threat in the world now and then but trying to complete world quests and running into a 5 party group decimating everybody just isn't fun so I turned it off and probably won't turn it back on again.

I'm mixed, I had it on during leveling and I have it on most of the time herbing/WQ's but at times I can't be fucked dealing with alliance so I'll turn it off if the rewards from WQs don't matter (can already do siege/champs at honored)

Leveled with it on, and spent a day or 2 with it on at Cap then turned it off.

I enjoy the odd 1v1 out in the World, but I turned it off after encountering the "Gank Groups". Yes yes, PvP happened, so when they stopped corpse camping me I hearthed and turned WM off. Problem solved.

But that's my gripe with Warmode.. or PvP servers of old. PvP in the open world can be a lot of fun, but not when effectively get locked down and unable to play in an area you need to.

I might turn it on once I've finished everything in the world, but for now it's off.

Turned it on for lvling and pvp talent but god damn is it fun.EVen thro iam only 111 i manage to gank 120.

Quote Originally Posted by Apolyc View Post
    For the record, the purpose of this post was because, to my understanding War Mode players are phased from Non War Mode players, and i noticed that when i turned it on i dont really see many people, horde or alliance.
    It's because Blizzard is heavily sharding everything.

Deleted
    Never had it on, never will

I had it on when I started leveling (couple of days after launch) and only got ganked twice. I probably wont use it in future as doing the story missions in all three zones should get a character to 120 no problem.
    RETH

Deleted
    Always one. Few occasions of PvP. About the same as in Legion I guess. Most players are still running around for the bonus, not PvP, so we just don't kill each other.
    Might turn it off, when mythic raid geared, but for now, pvp talents still help alot to survive loss of power of leggos and artefact

Always on, left it on for War Mode bonuses and to progress on the Conqueror of Azeroth title/mount; I'm about 1/10th of the honor needed in all zones since I haven't targeted it at all. I just gank when the opportunity presents itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Turned it on just for leveling. Only got ganked twice by a 20 man raid of assholes. But as a Paladin I was able to bubble long enough to turn in and pick up quests. Didn’t run into any Alliance after that. Turned it off when I hit 120. I’ll turn it back on at some point later to get the mount and Alliance slayer title.

I despise world PvP as a rule. 40 v 40 raids can be fun, but small group PvP and ganking I simply cannot abide.

Always have it on, but it's rare to see any horde at all in the Kul Tiras levelling zones so it's had zero effect for me.

I Keep it on for World quests and stuff. I feel like the Frost Mage PvP Talents really rounds out the class and wish they were a permanent addition. (Deep Shatter, Frostbite, Concentrated Coolness) I run into alot of alliance players doing WQs and stuff but so far only had two actual PvP encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    Never had it on, probably never will. I’ve always been on a PvE server and the 10% bonus hardly affects my gameplay, so it’s completely useless to me. I’m not a fan of competition in any game. I play games to become immersed in the sights, sounds, and stories. To each their own.
    i support "to each their own", but to play devil's advocate, isn't faction conflict a big part of the current story? At a time when Horde have burned Teldrassil, how do you immerse when you can roam freely among opposing factions with no need to worry or be wary?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I never used to pvp and I have it on at all times. Sometimes you get wrecked and sometimes you get kills. I will say that its fun.

Never even considered turning it on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    i support "to each their own", but to play devil's advocate, isn't faction conflict a big part of the current story?
    Sure. But since when does "it's in the story" trump personal preferences? If we don't like world PvP, then to the extent the story would imply world PvP we probably don't like the story either. And I have to say I personally find this to be one of the weaker expansions, story-wise.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Apolyc View Post
    Many many players had Warm Mode turned on at release for the extra XP gains and relative safety during leveling. Now that people are 120 did you keep it turned on? Or have you since switched it off because you dont want to be ganked?

Personally i had it turned off at launch because i wanted to take leveling slow and enjoy my time and upon hitting 120 i turned it on and left it on.
    I left it on because I'm lazy and because I'm not being ganked or jumped nearly often enough for it to be annoying. We'll see how that changes in the future when more and more people hit 120 and WQ zones get swamped with cancerous forsaken rogues. Also, can't do PvP dailies/weeklies without it, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    I had it on when I started leveling (couple of days after launch) and only got ganked twice. I probably wont use it in future as doing the story missions in all three zones should get a character to 120 no problem.
    Just doing quests in all three zones will indeed get you to 120, but you'll need to do some non-story quests too.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"