Page 1 of 17
... LastLast
    Deleted

Prot is horrible and needs buffs

Honestly, they gutted ignore pain now it's hardly ever worth using or even taking any of the related talents.

We have no sustain, they put our defensive abilities on GCD which is simply retarded, it feels way too clunky to tank mythics every trash pull feels like a boss fight.

Slap in the face.

Edit

To all the idiots saying prot is fine:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...ths&dataset=25 - Mythic Uldir

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...5&difficulty=3 - Normal Uldir

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...re&class=Tanks - Mythic Dungeons

LOL, yeah ok.
    Last edited by mmoc890251557c; 2018-09-17 at 05:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grimmrace View Post
    Honestly, they gutted ignore pain now it's hardly ever worth using or even taking any of the related talents.

We have no sustain, they put our defensive abilities on GCD which is simply retarded, it feels way too clunky to tank mythics every trash pull feels like a boss fight.

Slap in the face.
    Are we playing the same spec? Prot feels amazing right now.

Deleted
    Did you mistaken your blood DK for a warrior?

-Ignore pain on a GCD is bad and makes it hardly worth using over other abilities that are on the same GCD
    -Devastator is now trash as it no longer generates rage on hit. not worth taking at all.
    -Horrible AOE threat

Blizzard just focused on buffing our long CD abilities like last stand and ignored our main abilities and gave us more damage.

Nerfed our survivability (bye IP) and gave us horrible sustained threat ontop of a BS GCD.

We have been gutted.

Deleted
    Definetly not true. We scale well with shields (The amount blocked can go with crit blocks up to 85% already. Our AOE DMG lets every dd look like a joke. The only thing I would like to change: Make devastator baseline. This would free up GCD for everyone and ignore pain can consume that gcd.

The only thing other then that: Give heroic throw its kick back (in PVE).

And devastator is a must have in my opinion, you don't have the free GCDs to press devastate at all.

Deleted
    I've tanked every Mythic so far. I even did Temple of Sethraxis (?) and Tol Daggor with 290 ilvl. I was fairly weak but we managed to do it. After 320 i had no problem at all neither with sustaining myself nor with aoe threat. I only hope the spec gets a bit more fluid with haste since its a bit too slow for me.

How do Prot warrior AOE? I have a hard time controll 5+ mobs as prot warrior

The only thing I dislike about the spec are its Haste dependency (mitigated by Into the Fray) and the across-the-board awful GCD change hitting them particularly hard with Avatar, Demo Shout and freaking Ignore Pain being on it. Apart from that it is functional and fun enough, if a bit vanilla. I'd like to see IP being buffed but Blizzard probably considers it magic mitigation and tanks aren't allowed to have that anymore. And then they fill Uldir with magic damage tank mechanics. Joy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stened91 View Post
    How do Prot warrior AOE? I have a hard time controll 5+ mobs as prot warrior

With avatar and unstopple might its very easy. You kinda have to pre avatar before pull, if your teammates start with a big opener (Instant Bladestorm for example)

I think it needs some buffs in single target dmg which is trash tier.

AOE is op, avatar TC spam is as strong as the strongest dps aoe burst.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcadeBit View Post
    With avatar and unstopple might its very easy. You kinda have to pre avatar before pull, if your teammates start with a big opener (Instant Bladestorm for example)
    I consider this to be a huge problem honestly. Avatar is a defensive ability, we shouldn't be using it as an opener. Having said that, I don't find Prot AOE to be all that bad even without cooldowns. You'll still get derps who'll pull off you because they're targetting whatever they feel like. For example, if you're doing the 3 witches in Waycrest Manor there's always at least one idiot not attacking the witch with the orb.

Rotational issues with the GCD and poor gear are kind of masking tuning problems with the spec right now. We're probably not top shelf but still serviceable. Whoever thought that defensive abilities should be on the GCD should be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcadeBit View Post
    People that instant Bladestorm deserve to die anyway.

remember when prot used to have bladestorm?

The good old days.

Deleted
    How the hell are people playing prot warrior when they say we have horrible AoE threat ?????

On trashpacks, I feel like a Thundergod and after few GCDs, I won't loose aggro and make damage dealers to be ashamed of their puny dps

You might be playing with bad dps or different classes. Instant burst aoe is a real pain in the ass and I'm just lucky bear tanks are all aoe damage.

Ip off GCD and a small damage boost outside of Avatar would be great. Probably have Devastate hit a lil harder to make it not feel as disgusting to press.

15+ Year Old Account
    Prot's too godly to need a buff tbh. 10/10 mythics cleared by tomorrow once Borallus unlocked. Smooth tanking everything w/o needing to kite shit except ticks trash Underrot. Never felt under threat of dying with proper rotation/AM use regarding boss mechanics. Our AOE threat/DPS is GODLY tier at the top compared to other tanks. Sounds like a L2p issue to me, OP?

Literally Prot tanky af. And I'm still stuck with a 290 green shield.
    Last edited by Bethrezen; 2018-08-20 at 05:02 AM.

Yeah, also not having any issues with prot aside the annoying gcd on Endure Pain. Its a very good spec to handle AoE packs and mitigate all type of damage, as well as providing excelent control with shockwave

Quote Originally Posted by grimmrace View Post
    -Horrible AOE threat
    Sounds like you know what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    How the hell are people playing prot warrior when they say we have horrible AoE threat ?????

On trashpacks, I feel like a Thundergod and after few GCDs, I won't loose aggro and make damage dealers to be ashamed of their puny dps
    Yeah this is my experience too
    15-20k dps on aoe packs is absurd. Out st is completely dumpster teir though

Also big LOL at the person saying avatar is a defensive ability

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg View Post
    Yeah this is my experience too
    15-20k dps on aoe packs is absurd. Out st is completely dumpster teir though

Also big LOL at the person saying avatar is a defensive ability
    Maybe a bit early, but I will run around with 2 azerite gearsets in dungeons and raids. One for AOE, one for single target / cleave. I am currently at 5.0k+ DPS on singletarget with singletarget gear. Create two makros two switch fast and done. But not sure what other tanks pull of ST.