Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deragot7 View Post
    Ofcourse the cap changes everything.
    You don't need to raid for surpassing the cap.The cap is bound to the WQ ilvl max drop.So if you surpass it you are already above the curve.Or are you telling me you are so casual that you can't even do that?????Who is talking about high end raiding?Doing simple tasks questing,LFR,World bosses,Mythics add in the mix war/titan forging and you are set.It's that simple.
    You should really learn to read. Anyway, as you can see, many people think it's insane that you get weaker while you should be getting stronger, so lets agree to disagree. It's a dumb system.

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    You should really learn to read. Anyway, as you can see, many people think it's insane that you get weaker while you should be getting stronger, so lets agree to disagree. It's a dumb system.
    Three other MMOs disagree with you (GW2,SWTOR,ESO these games made it work and people love it) and now the WoW developers too.Since the beginning of Legion zone levels were removed the introduction of Argus brought increased scaling and 7.3.5 scaled the rest of the old world.The mechanic is not stupid.People should adapt.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Seems to me you're the one not bothering to read, because what you answer has absolutely no relation to what he was asking. Maybe try to apply your advice before giving them ?
    I do bother reading and i gave an answer.Read post number 10 to educate yourself.
    Last edited by dragnipur; 2018-08-21 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post
    I do bother reading and i gave an answer.Read post number 10 to educate yourself.
    The post number 10 is the one I quoted, so yeah I read it. It doesn't answer the question, it just repeat the very situation the question is about. Maybe you didn't realize this because you seem to quote posts without reading them and you expect other to do the same ?

You still didn't answer his point, and you still should apply your own advices to yourself before trying to give them to others.
    Last edited by Akka; 2018-08-21 at 12:21 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    World quests grant rewards that scale with your gear to remain relevant.

It stands to reason they scale in difficulty to match those rewards as well.

Otherwise you would get a positive feedback loop where quests get gradually easier while rewarding ever better gear.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

7+ Year Old Account
    My experience from GW2 and SWTOR is absolutely different from what you are describing and I disagree with you complete on the underlined sentence.

1. Mob and node sharing is a good thing in a MMO.You want to play with people and not to avoid them like a plague.This is a massive multiplayer game not a single player one.It's important to play with people.When you are not fighting over resources and mobs people start to group more.GW2 is perfect example of how social can be the MMOs.Also look how much WoW changed with Legion.Blizzard there introduced a 5 player mob tagging at the beginning of the expansion and shared nodes for 5 minutes before disappearing.This ended the non stop complains of stealing mobs and nodes.

2. The introduction of personal loot removed the stealing of items.Does it need improving?Definitely.The removal of master looter was a mistake.It could have been reserved only for guilds.For example to be able to use it you must have 15 guild members in the group.

3. Scaling is a good thing in my book.I have great experience with it in GW2,SWTOR and now in WoW.For me nothing changed much since the start of Legion going into Argus and now in BFA.It's nothing new, it's been like this since Argus.More and better gear makes things die faster.
    I never ever got this stealig if items. In what shitty guild/group/whatever do you play for this shit to happen?

In my raidgroup we let the people roll for the items period or we ask if someone needs it.

Deleted
    Three other MMOs disagree with you (GW2,SWTOR,ESO these games made it work and people love it) and now the WoW developers too.Since the beginning of Legion zone levels were removed the introduction of Argus brought increased scaling and 7.3.5 scaled the rest of the old world.The mechanic is not stupid.People should adapt.
    Oh, you use two accounts to post. How refreshing. So there's only one person in this thread who agrees with you: you.

Quote Originally Posted by Themanintobuildafire View Post
    Guess what...I don't raid. I think my ilvl was 220 or so. I do play a BM hunter which makes soloing easier, but seriously, I was blowing stuff up and now at 120, the same mobs are taking time. I used to crows and move on, now I have to watch when I crows or it doesn't come back right away.

I am not saying I don't want harder mobs, but honestly, I like the zones of 110-113, 114-118, 119-120 and then 120 zones with hard mobs. I know with WQ this isn't going to happen again...but maybe it will as how much WQ can we do until we want to puke? I did over 10k of them in Legion...
    It doesn’t matter whether or not you raided, 220 was way higher than what people in Legion quest rewards will have coming into BFA content
    Beta Club Brosquad

When i 1st tried scaling in 2012 it was something new i never tried before.It was a strange thing to not overgear and one shot things.But with time i started to enjoy it.It makes grouping better and more enjoyable.Makes you to want meet people and group with them.Combine it with mob and node shared tagging and personal loot you no more fear of people stealing your items,mobs or nodes.So actually i'm a huge fan of a few things:

1. Scaling
    2.Mob and node shared tag
    3.Personal loot

Three other MMOs have it a long time before Blizzard even thought about stealing the idea and deciding to try it.I'm glad they did.I hope they keep improving it.I also hope they let all levels be salable and not just from 110 to 120.

GW2 has those things since 2012(from day one) and everyone likes it.

SWTOR has scaling since 2015 and people DO NOT dislike it.
    https://massivelyop.com/2015/10/01/s...fallen-empire/

ESO also has it since 2017 i think.
    https://www.usgamer.net/articles/eld...more-mmos-need

In GW2 the scaling works better because the game is build around horizontal progression so you never get stronger instead you become more prettier which is NOT a bad thing.To each his own.
    In SWTOR you have horizontal progression but even with it the scaling is still in place and it does not bother people.
    ESO has horizontal progression (leveling and gearing) exactly like SWTOR but still the scaling is also present and people are fine with it.

Since the begging of Legion Blizzard added it to WoW and now with BFA they are trying to improve it.I'm glad with their decision.What people must understand is that you have barely leveled to 120.You don't have any good and meaningful gear.Start doing mythics.Wait for raids and M+ to open.Once you have gear from there you will be again able to aoe pull trash mobs in Open world like you did in Legion.Or is your memory so short?

More MMOs will have scaling in the future not less.People should get this into their heads.
    No.

Scaling doesn't belong in a MMORPG. If you don't understand what progression looks like in a MMORPG then you have no business advocating for fisher price game design.

- - - Updated - - -

GW2 is considered a MMO and not a MMORPG.

SWTOR and ESO started off as MMORPGs but they have devolved into generic MMOs.

WoW is a MMORPG. If you can't learn the difference there is no much hope for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    GW2 is considered a MMO and not a MMORPG.

SWTOR and ESO started off as MMORPGs but they have devolved into generic MMOs.

WoW is a MMORPG. If you can't learn the difference there is no much hope for you.
    Oh, it's you again.

Well, I checked the classifications and guess what.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guild_Wars_2

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Guild Wars 2 is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game developed by ArenaNet and published by NCSOFT.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_W...e_Old_Republic

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) based in the Star Wars universe.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls_Online

The Elder Scrolls Online is a massively multiplayer online role-playing (MMORPG) video game developed by ZeniMax Online Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks.
    Note the bold bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Let me explain it to you slowly.

GW2 is considered a MMO and not a MMORPG by the gaming community.

SWTOR and ESO started off as MMORPGs and are now generic MMOs like GW2.

If you don't know the difference between a MMO and MMORPG you should just go back to school.

If you don't know the difference between a MMO and MMORPG you should just go back to school.
    The gaming community uses MMO and MMORPG interchangeably. All of these games are MMORPGs and that's a weird as hell hill to die on.

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    The gaming community uses MMO and MMORPG interchangeably. All of these games are MMORPGs and that's a weird as hell hill to die on.
    What (s)he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    Some incompetent people in the gaming community use MMO and MMORPGs interchangeably.

Competent people in the gaming community know the difference between a MMO or MMORPG.