Page 30 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Replica. The magical guy that can make anything look like anything has a replica to go from. You are honestly claiming that something not existing is going to stop someone from changing the appearance of items. The system doesn't even work off of having the item to trade for the look. We have magic rods that can turn you into a furblog. And a bunch of other illusions and stuff.

But something not existing anymore in the current time line is an argument that ends all arguments. Nope. There is no reason why Frostmourne can not be a transmog option. Literally zero.
    I'm fine with a near-identical replica that any 2h sword capable toon can use, because replica, because it's obtainable. Time-travel is BS and can mcguffin anything in existance, and it's BS.

Even the DH warglaives are pretty BS, HOWEVER, the original pair was required to obtain the achievement for the mog skin. Compounding that problem won't help. Class locking legendaries is BS, when they largely aren't. Atiesh is an exception, but has also been unobtainable forever by now.

By all means, advocate for a replica, and let it be crystal clear that it is a replica (in my mind, ideally not the exact same as the original), that is a-ok in my book, as long as class-locking it is off the table.

In the same turn, warglaives should also be unlockable for mogging by any class that can use 1h swords, as that is what they were originally.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    By all means, advocate for a replica, and let it be crystal clear that it is a replica (in my mind, ideally not the exact same as the original), that is a-ok in my book, as long as class-locking it is off the table.
    So we get to the real issue. It is all about class locking it to Death Knights. Near identical is stupid. There is no reason why it can't be identical. You are magically taking the appearance of an item and transferring it to an other. It doesn't matter if something is obtainable or not. You are literally magically changing the appearance of items. We don't even have to have the actual item any more.

They are stored in a "magical appearance catalogue" yet you still want to apply lore and rules to it. Its a game. There are zero reasons why it can't be an appearance option and zero reason why it can't be restricted to one class or even one spec of a class. Hell we can even magically turn into an exact copy of the Lich King. But we can't have an exact copy of his weapon because it would melt your brain apparently.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Frostmourne stopped existing. There's your lore reason. All the other legendaries, aside from the original Atiesh and Ashbringer are obtainable in an original form (if extra steps are required like for DH because item type shenanigans), Frostmourne isn't. It's unobtainable. Thus it should not be moggable, in any other shape than a similar replica.

You get Shadowmourne, which is also stronger.

Corrupting items aren't as such uncommon, but no weapon is quite on par with a borderline force of nature level "there must always be X" to preserve the 'cosmic' balance type deal outside of Frostmourne so far. New LK got kicked in the teeth by Mary Suelvanas and her hideous plot armor. That's shitty writing. Maybe you'll get lucky and inherit his mace.

I stick to my guns and say that Frostmourne(TM) should stay unavailable to everyone. It makes no sense whatsoever to either pull an AU BS thing to get it because Ner'zhul, and just getting a replica is lame.

Also Shadowmourne (again), and that Frostmourne's shards now exist as dual weapons.
    The Lich King is defined by the Helm of Domination, not Frostmourne. Nothing says it is significantly more corruptive than the likes of Xal'atah, or Garrosh's Xal'atoh, or any of the myriads of hideously dangerous artifacts we could get our grubby hands on.

And yeah, Frostmourne doesn't exist anymore. Who cares? Gear is for looks, not lore, I doubt that lorewise my fairly random Warrior PC has the Tusks of Mannoroth, Gorehowl, the Black Hand, and all three Legion Artifacts just sitting around in a shelf, to name only these things. Cripes, there's two different versions of Sulfuras available from two different versions of Ragnaros. How does that many any sense in-universe. And that's before we get to shenanigans like me riding a miniature version of Deathwing around.

I don't really care what it's called. It's more about the look of the transmog. It can be a replica, it can be the real thing, it can be a Gnome's arm with a magical illusion. I just care to swing Frostmourne's appearance around, just as a Paladin can swing Ashbringer around.
    And I think the Shadowlands would be a perfect time to make that happen. Lots of ways in which they can weave obtaining that kind of transmog option into gameplay like Torghast, or somewhere else in the Maw, or maybe even a questline at Icecrown itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    The Lich King is defined by the Helm of Domination, not Frostmourne. Nothing says it is significantly more corruptive than the likes of Xal'atah, or Garrosh's Xal'atoh, or any of the myriads of hideously dangerous artifacts we could get our grubby hands on.
    Yup. Apocalypse was said to be far more powerful than Frostmourne in terms of straight up power and the corrupting properties. Hell, even the Blades of the Fallen Prince became more powerful than Frostmourne.[/quote]
    And yeah, Frostmourne doesn't exist anymore. Who cares? Gear is for looks, not lore, I doubt that lorewise my fairly random Warrior PC has the Tusks of Mannoroth, Gorehowl, the Black Hand, and all three Legion Artifacts just sitting around in a shelf, to name only these things. Cripes, there's two different versions of Sulfuras available from two different versions of Ragnaros. How does that many any sense in-universe. And that's before we get to shenanigans like me riding a miniature version of Deathwing around.
    Goddamn it, I knew I'd forgotten one important weapon.
    On that note, HD Gorehowl and Ner'zhul's staff for transmog, when?

So we get to the real issue. It is all about class locking it to Death Knights. Near identical is stupid. There is no reason why it can't be identical. You are magically taking the appearance of an item and transferring it to an other. It doesn't matter if something is obtainable or not. You are literally magically changing the appearance of items. We don't even have to have the actual item any more.

They are stored in a "magical appearance catalogue" yet you still want to apply lore and rules to it.
    The exceptions to mogging something one has never possessed 'physically' in the game can be counted on one hand, and is not a free card. The only one I can sortof name are the warglaives and the basic pvp sets (because otherwise pvp'ers will start screeching, fine, whatever). The achievement for mogging doesn't award the physical item, but the pre-req does, and they aren't moggable (yet?).

I don't envy anyone wanting Frostmourne at all, hell, I'd use it. The only realistic way of getting that is through a replica. What -I- Personally would prefer the replica as, is just me. For the reasons that nothing is like Frostmourne when it comes to plot armor/lore, and it should stay that way. It was destroyed before it could realistically be looted for mogging, therefore replica. replicas need a model to go from, and since the original it kaput, boomed, FUBAR'd, etc, might not be an accurate replica. This is, again, just a personal thing.

Transmog as a system is entirely irrelevant to actually obtaining the thing.

If we get 2h Frost back then Frostmourne is a must. It's hands down the most iconic DK weapon, completely unfair to treat it differently than other weapons that far outclass it.

All pieces of armor and Frostmourne contained Ner'shul's soul bits. The helmet is the center-piece, but ALL of the pieces are a part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    If we get 2h Frost back then Frostmourne is a must. It's hands down the most iconic DK weapon, completely unfair to treat it differently than other weapons that far outclass it.
    Honestly, I wonder if there's the possibility for them to make it a transmog that functions similar to how artifact skins currently work.
    For example, a holy paladin that uses any other weapon than a 2H hammer can transmog to the holy artifact regardless. Something like that for a Frostmourne/Frostmourne replica would look cool. Practically, nothing would change, just aesthetically.

15+ Year Old Account
    The exceptions to mogging something one has never possessed 'physically' in the game can be counted on one hand, and is not a free card.
    All of the legion artifact appearences are just that. Appearences. We never got the physical items that look that way. You are now creating additional rules for why something can't exist except the way you will allow it. When it can exist because of magic.

https://www.wowhead.com/item=116828/...-the-lich-king

You can look exactly like the lich king with out getting all of the physical items. Stop creating rules that do not need to exist.

- - - Updated - - -

Transmog as a system is entirely irrelevant to actually obtaining the thing.
    No its not. Not when you are using "lore" as an excuse for why something can not be made into an appearance.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

All of the legion artifact appearences are just that. Appearences. We never got the physical items that look that way. You are now creating additional rules for why something can't exist except the way you will allow it. When it can exist because of magic.

You can look exactly like the lich king with out getting all of the physical items. Stop creating rules that do not need to exist.

- - - Updated - - -

No its not. Not when you are using "lore" as an excuse for why something can not be made into an appearance.
    Costumes aren't permanent.

All pieces of armor and Frostmourne contained Ner'shul's soul bits. The helmet is the center-piece, but ALL of the pieces are a part of it.
    Oh noes, the soul-bits of a twisted Orc Shaman, be still my heart. Shortly I'll be using a sword so completely covered in Old God juice merely having it in my hands causes me to take 70% more damage and be unhealable. Ner'zul's whispers can sit down, he's in the kid's league compared to at least a dozen items I have in my mog library right now. Even fairly innocuous weapons like the Warswords of the Valarjar contain some of Helya's power, who was probably almost as powerful as the Lich King herself.

Lore hasn't stopped dual Sulfuras, hasn't stopped the Tusks, hasn't stopped the Warglaives, there's no excuse here.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Honestly, I wonder if there's the possibility for them to make it a transmog that functions similar to how artifact skins currently work.
    For example, a holy paladin that uses any other weapon than a 2H hammer can transmog to the holy artifact regardless. Something like that for a Frostmourne/Frostmourne replica would look cool. Practically, nothing would change, just aesthetically.
    Yeah, since they already let us break dw vs 2h rules with that system it'd work fine. Unlock could just come from an achievement or something.

- - - Updated - - -

I also think every ensemble ingame is pretty much also a case of you not physically getting the weapons.

i.e. the Ebon Blade weapons and Silver Hand weapons from the Broken Shore are transmog-only, no real physical items you can wield, simply appearances that are added to your transmog window. Same for the Lightforged weapons from Argus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    Yeah, since they already let us break dw vs 2h rules with that system it'd work fine. Unlock could just come from an achievement or something.
    Yep. Sounds like a good idea to me.
    Shadowlands would give them ample opportunity to work something out. An achievement, a questchain, a challenge mode, something in Torghast, or hell, maybe meeting Arthas in the Maw. I dunno? But there's plenty of opportunity.

Oh noes, the soul-bits of a twisted Orc Shaman, be still my heart. Shortly I'll be using a sword so completely covered in Old God juice merely having it in my hands causes me to take 70% more damage and be unhealable. Ner'zul's whispers can sit down, he's in the kid's league compared to at least a dozen items I have in my mog library right now. Even fairly innocuous weapons like the Warswords of the Valarjar contain some of Helya's power, who was probably almost as powerful as the Lich King herself.

Lore hasn't stopped dual Sulfuras, hasn't stopped the Tusks, hasn't stopped the Warglaives, there's no excuse here.
    Mkay, but then riddle me why a Frostmourne replica (exact or not), should be DK only? There's 0 reason for class restricting it.

You are like a baby.

Watch this.

I also think every ensemble ingame is pretty much also a case of you not physically getting the weapons.
    So about those numbers and such you upgrade the previous numbers with, which are attached to the item...as it is in the vast majority of cases.

Mkay, but then riddle me why a Frostmourne replica (exact or not), should be DK only? There's 0 reason for class restricting it.
    I actually don't mind if it's not DK-only.

But if you approach it from the standpoint that Frost DKs got gypped out of Frostmourne twice and actually may have ended up getting it in Legion if not for Frost being dual wield, I can understand why.

- - - Updated - - -

So about those numbers and such you upgrade the previous numbers with, which are attached to the item...as it is in the vast majority of cases.
    I'm not sure what you mean?
    I was just mentioning that ensemble weapons are not actual weapons, just transmogrification skins added to your appearance tab.

I actually don't mind if it's not DK-only.

But if you approach it from the standpoint that Frost DKs got gypped out of Frostmourne twice and actually may have ended up getting it in Legion if not for Frost being dual wield, I can understand why.
    The title of the thread specifies it as a transmog option for DK's. It's the pitch of the thread, going by that. I have no issue with a replica any capable class can use. Same for warglaives.

If you want it class locked, you need to BS why. Or why not. It's BS vs BS.

The title of the thread specifies it as a transmog option for DK's. It's the pitch of the thread, going by that. I have no issue with a replica any capable class can use. Same for warglaives.

If you want it class locked, you need to BS why. Or why not. It's BS vs BS.
    I'm fine either way.

I don't much care either way. If it's DK only, fine, it's a DK weapon after all just like the Warglaives are a DH weapon or Ashbringer is a Paladin weapon.

If it's available to everyone, fine also. I'm only going to use it on my DK anyway. Gorehowl is a Warrior weapon but isn't class-locked. Blizzard isn't very consistent on that front. I'll accept either outcomes, but the appearance should be obtainable.