Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Arms or Fury Dungeons?

So with the recent buff/nerf or should I just say change to arms what’s preforming better in dungeons at the moment in both aoe and single target situations?

All the way arms, people that say fury is just a little behind forget that's only on sims, arms has too many tools to pull absurd numbers in dungeons.

Fury is easier (rampage spam).
    Arms is cooldown-driven.

I play fury and it's great in dungeons whether it heroic or mythic. Arms felt too much rage starved to me.

Deleted
    Arms is better if you got the right gear, alot of Haste/Crit. If you are more spread with your stats. Go fury

Both specs are easy to play, you can pick the one that you feel is the most fun to play aswell.

Deleted
    Arms is better if you got the right gear, alot of Haste/Crit. If you are more spread with your stats. Go fury
    I don't know why you would say that. My top stats sims 1.21, my lowest 0.95. Stats don't matter that much here.
    Overall Arms is better right now. Fury is very decent

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Arms - for me. Is doing way better DPS and I don't have the right stats. This is after the deep wounds change.

I also don't have to whirlwind on every 3rd attack to cleave. I do however have to press Sweeping Strikes on the GCD which is enraging.
    I would prefer Fury's way of cleave over SS. You do have to press WW at some point anyway. MS and Exe are not always available. Plus Arms WW is not bad. It does some damage and also spends rage which is needed for tactition and AM.

To me a lot of it comes down to whom you have as a tank.

They both tend to have pretty strong cleave damage, but Arms takes the cake with burst AoE, so if your tank is cognizant and pulling one huge pack every couple of minutes for you to delete with a buffed bladestorm then you'll just crush things.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    With how fast paced Fury is having to weave WW in every 3rd attack can be quite annoying.
    Yeah I remember how annoying it was for Fury in prepatch. But it wouldn't be for Arms. The availability of other abilities is very limited for Arms so you do have to use WW anyway.

Crit, haste, cleave, sweeping strikes, dreadnought - that's all I have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    To me a lot of it comes down to whom you have as a tank.

They both tend to have pretty strong cleave damage, but Arms takes the cake with burst AoE, so if your tank is cognizant and pulling one huge pack every couple of minutes for you to delete with a buffed bladestorm then you'll just crush things.
    Exactly, if your group rushes with constant smaller packs... go fury for better sustained aoe. If you got a mad tank who pulls 3-4 packs at a time- go Arms and delete the big packs.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Exactly, if your group rushes with constant smaller packs... go fury for better sustained aoe. If you got a mad tank who pulls 3-4 packs at a time- go Arms and delete the big packs.
    When M+ opens its more likely that the former is going to predominate for a while when we don't overgear things. No doubt arms has the bigger burst AOE, but more conservative and consistent pulling of 2-3 mobs can leave arms with SS, warbreaker and BS on CD and then the only cleave/AOE arms has is...cleave or WW. Fury can keep up virtually the same cleave damage indefinitely and its AOE, while weaker than arms for sure, can occur twice as often as arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    When M+ opens its more likely that the former is going to predominate for a while when we don't overgear things. No doubt arms has the bigger burst AOE, but more conservative and consistent pulling of 2-3 mobs can leave arms with SS, warbreaker and BS on CD and then the only cleave/AOE arms has is...cleave or WW. Fury can keep up virtually the same cleave damage indefinitely and its AOE, while weaker than arms for sure, can occur twice as often as arms.
    Thats not the case at all if you have Seismic Wave traits, Arms never slows down and these cooldowns are up frequent enough that any downtime is inconsequential.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I think the real answer here is that Arms is doing higher damage of the two specs.

However, fury is not a gutter dps spec and can still do suitable damage if you prefer to play it. Additionally, fury gets better over time as your gear improves further closing the damage difference.

This means you are free to play either for the most part without worrying that you are gimping the party or raid group.

Arms shits all over fury

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Thats not the case at all if you have Seismic Wave traits, Arms never slows down and these cooldowns are up frequent enough that any downtime is inconsequential.
    I think this is actually one of the problems, or maybe it's a feature. With Azerite armor it's so hard to tell.

Basically you see a trait like that and if you're an Arms player you're all on board with it as a set for trash or M+ or add-fights.

Meanwhile as a Fury player you might ask "Where's the set that increases the damage of Meat Cleaver by 10%?"

To which people just say "well, play Arms." which leads to "But I like playing Fury better but don't want my damage gimped Blizz fix your game!"

And the answer to it all is that people who whine a lot are entitled shits that could stand to chill out for one damn minute and just enjoy themselves.

Been enjoying arms. The other bigger problem with fury is the dependency on a second decent weapon dropping. And i have shit luck with weapons.

7+ Year Old Account
    FOR THE ARMS...wait

10+ Year Old Account
    If you get at least 2 warbringer traits (increase damage + strength bonus on expire), arms is FAR superior to fury, in the same ilvl gear.
    Also, considering how hard is for a 2h to drop, needing 1 instead of 2 is a big advantage as well.

Went some mythic with another warrior going fury, i was runinng as arms.
    I had -10 ilvl and a 325 weapon, he had 340/325. I was doing 10% more damage every boss and in trash i was doing so much more damage than him that wasnt even funny.

Arms all the way.