Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    You lose 2% damage per person with atonement ( priest excluded), so you only really gain 4% out of Sotm if your entire group has atonement.

Not sure if 4% dmg is > contrition for 5 mans though, but anything above 5 mans sotm is non-existent.
    In 5 man mythic where you are the only healer and u need to save ppl from dying contrition has a place but in raids you are not alone. How many defensive penances are you going to cast to make a good use of contrition? Your paladin is also spot healing remember?

Disc healing comes in bursts. You prepare for a big burst with atonments and you use your dps canon. In legion we had the artifact, in BfA we have schism/solace/penance. Its almost the same burst but spread over a schism cast (solace/penance can be cast on the move and they land in about 3 sec depending on the distance of the boss. Remember light's wrath had an insane long travel time!!!) You dont need SotM dmg increase buff during that wide aoe healing. You dont care at all! Schism will do the job for it.

The next phase is conservation. This is the phase where sotm is working for you! You have 1-4 atonments running and a perma 4% ++ dmg buff that is a healing buff on those targets. Still you dont need to cast defensive penance. Smite/offensive penance is more than enough when you have 4-10% increase dmg buff from sotm.
    Last edited by sunwrathmother; 2018-09-05 at 08:35 AM.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've been rolling Disc so far, every Mythic 0 down three times and went into Mythic Plus last night with a +4 completed. BTW Sanguine in Tol Dagor with such narrow areas is challenging.

Thus far with a lot of testing I've settled on this spec for Mythic and Mythic Plus:

Schism
    Feather
    Solace
    Dominant Mind
    Contrition
    Divine Star
    Lenience

I feel Contrition helps the group keep up movement as I can effectively pop a radiance and then top off the party between pulls. It also gives me the little buffer I feel I need when one of the party is taking more damage than the rest to level things off without abandoning the remaining players. If we're farming something easy I use Sins of the Many, but I feel for progression Contrition pulls ahead with speed and drive.

However, the majority of my healing comes from atonement so Schism is huge. I have at least one trait of Weal and Woe right now which gives a strong advantage using Penance for both offensive and defensive.

Now to the main topic, Divine Star and Halo. I really liked Halo in the beginning but I found it too risky in dungeons. I'll use it for raids, but not for dungeons. The Divine Star is great. It's been incredibly effective so far and much more effective than Purge the Wicked because I don't see it having value above that SW:P.

Overall, I'm very excited about Disc in it's current state.