Azerite trait, 2x Garrote, doesn't work?

Hi,

Azerite traits should stack right?
    There's that one I really like to quests with - Garrote used from stealth deals extra damage and generates +2 more Combo Points.
    If I pick this trait on two armor pieces it does not give +2x2 combo points, working as intended or...?
    Last edited by Tokas; 2018-08-20 at 09:22 AM.

That is the strongest trait so stick with it.

Not all traits stack but I believe that one should stack and if its not its likely a bug

Its likely the damage scales but not the extra combo point?

The trait is broken, the damage component is not working at all and only one stack of the combo point component works.

I think that Garrote giving 5 combo points would be too powerfull(alongside with other things that enhance it).

3 CP + 2x bonus damage is fine.

Though I'm not sure about the damage it does. Will test it today.

Not sure about the damage, did not pay any attention to that, was mostly excited about 5 CP at once... but oh well

World of BUGcraft so far.

I noticed this aswell, is there anywhere that mentions what happens when you stack the azerite traits? i.e the absorb shield trait stacks.
    “I’m like King Midas in reverse. Everything I touch turns to shit.”

Quote Originally Posted by Veng101 View Post
    I noticed this aswell, is there anywhere that mentions what happens when you stack the azerite traits? i.e the absorb shield trait stacks.
    I have no clue... such a mystery, like in the old days of gaming with no info around... unless you buy magazines

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    Hi,

Azerite traits should stack right?
    There's that one I really like to quests with - Garrote used from stealth deals extra damage and generates +2 more Combo Points.
    If I pick this trait on two armor pieces it does not give +2x2 combo points, working as intended or...?
    You should Sim it, but I find some traits don't stack. Basically anything outside of damage on attack will not stack. Remember this isn't legion, you aren't applying these to a skill with levels, ie: every trait will increase these skills by ". 3" seconds. They are standalone with a cooldown of sorts.
    Sub has a trait called Inevitability. Every backstab is increased by 200 dmg and extends the duration of symbols by. 5sec. Stacking 2 of them will provide a 400dmg increase to backstab, but still only Extends symbols by. 5 seconds per hit.

Pretty much every trait only stacks the damage portion and the other effects are not stackable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pet0r-the-Pan View Post
    i would only buy a flying potato

Report as a bug.

Doesnt matter what other traits do. As far as we know, without speculation or inferring, the effects should all stack.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    You should Sim it
    Simming it doesn't work when the model is broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only the damage and stat components of Azerite Traits stack. Things like CD reductions, proc chances, combo points, etc. do not stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    Simming it doesn't work when the model is broken.
    What he's asking about doesn't really require sim anyway. It's not supposed to stack effects like CP generation, only damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Veng101 View Post
    anything that's a flat dmg value stacks and anything that's a unique effect doesnt

Anyone know if the traits have been simmed? Ravenholdt only mentioned the few 'best'. But how much better those are is nowhere to be found.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

This is what I've been going off so far:

https://bloodmallet.com/index.html#r...chwerk&lang=EN

The results have been pretty positive from what I can see. Though with the way that ilvl seems to be largely king like Blizzard intented, choice is limited at times.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Anyone know if the traits have been simmed? Ravenholdt only mentioned the few 'best'. But how much better those are is nowhere to be found.
    Wowhead has a ranking in their rogue guide, with % values. Unknown if they are modeled correctly though, since their top pick isn't actually working in game, and some other Azerite traits have in game behavior that isn't reflected in the tooltip.

Poisoned Wire, for instance, increases the crit change of your next TWO mutilates by xxxx. The tooltip only says it boosts the crit chance of your next mutilate. I also saw a post by someone who was stacking Double Dose traits and he claimed to be getting damage from them that exceeded the dps that sims were showing higher valued direct damage traits would do.

Deleted
    Okay so stacking does not work with cp, that was pretty clearly from the get go, but ist is worth stacking for the dmg componet?

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    anything that's a flat dmg value stacks and anything that's a unique effect doesnt
    Ah makes sense, thanks!
    “I’m like King Midas in reverse. Everything I touch turns to shit.”