Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I think I rather play FFXIV then BFA right now

BFA is a huge disappointment so far.

The gearing is a mess, classes are still missing abilities on what made them unique. The island expeditions are boring and very little reward for doing them.

The level up zones are boring and tedious.

The writing team are not consistent with their characters(eg. Sylvanas, Lilian Voss)

I see advertisements for FFXIV all over even more then I do BFA, I want to get my account started again, at least that game has story that respects their characters and actual character development in the zones unlike BFA. Also the jobs are more fun to play then classes in wow.

I just see the writing on the wall this is going to be a bad expansion all around

Deleted
    Thanks for sharing this.

Please dont let the door hit you on the way out!

If you don't like the expansion then quit.This won't make the expansion less enjoyable to me than it already is.

It's the first time since Vanilla that I feel the exact same to the point where I have been posting my opinions and feedback often in forums..
    Never felt the need to do so before because while I disliked certaina spects, I could bear them due to everything else but WoW (to me and thousands of others) is in a very very messy and sorry state right now.

It's a cliché at this point to say it, but I can't help but agree with those that say that this is the worst expansion so far...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Legends303 View Post

The gearing is a mess, classes are still missing abilities on what made them unique. The island expeditions are boring and very little reward for doing them.

The writing team are not consistent with their characters(eg. Sylvanas, Lilian Voss)

I see advertisements for FFXIV all over even more then I do BFA, I want to get my account started again, at least that game has story that respects their characters and actual character development in the zones unlike BFA. Also the jobs are more fun to play then classes in wow.

I just see the writing on the wall this is going to be a bad expansion all around
    See you next week.
    also lol on the adverts, i highly doubt it, you most likely just notice it more because you seem to want to push that.
    also you wont find much different "leveling zones tedious" So i am gunna go play a final fantasy game!
    gearing is a mess? what?
    Classes missing abilities? I mean like not really but ok.
    and island expeditions, if they are boring and give no reward, dont do em.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted

I tried FF14 for a while, but most of the quests were so boring. Even the main story felt long, outdrawn and very tedious. Everybody talks like a waterfall. Most of the stuff you do is so very mundane and irrelevant. Doing stuff for the Sylphs, I wanted to kill myself. But the one thing I took from it... Thal's balls. And by the matron's milky teats. These goddamn whoresons certainly knew how to use appealing language.

Then go for it!

FFXIV is great.

Its also super confusing to see people say FF14's questing is boring while BfA has 60% of some zones being stupid irrelevant side quests that go nowhere.

I dont get this fierce insistence that apparently you can only play/like WoW or FFXIV. Why not both?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MauroDiogo View Post
    It's the first time since Vanilla that I feel the exact same to the point where I have been posting my opinions and feedback often in forums..
    Never felt the need to do so before because while I disliked certaina spects, I could bear them due to everything else but WoW (to me and thousands of others) is in a very very messy and sorry state right now.

It's a cliché at this point to say it, but I can't help but agree with those that say that this is the worst expansion so far...
    Its a cliche at this point to say it but... more content than legion at last and you are the vocal minority.
    Most people wont bother posting on the forums because they are busy playing. Dont let the door hit ya

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis View Post
    Then go for it!

FFXIV is great.

Its also super confusing to see people say FF14's questing is boring while BfA has 60% of some zones being stupid irrelevant side quests that go nowhere.

I dont get this fierce insistence that apparently you can only play/like WoW or FFXIV. Why not both?
    BFA isn't all interesting quests either, but at least NPCs know when to shut up every once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    More content than legion at last...
    Uuummm... Most people at 120 are currently logging in daily just to do WQ's or do Dungeons.
    I can name a whole plethora of things the expansion is lacking over Legion so far and how even the few things that exist currently in BfA aren't fun to do. But why bother when we already have this "More content than Legion" gem.

Quote Originally Posted by mysweetlord View Post
    BFA isn't all interesting quests either, but at least NPCs know when to shut up every once in a while.
    I'm convinced based on your other thread and posts in this one that you're just purposefully stating the opposite of most of the popular fan demands of WoW or other MMOs.

I dont know a single person who said, "I want less voice over in WoW" or anyone who says that FFXIV's voice overs (Which aren't even numerous at the point you claimed you gave up in vanilla FFXIV) are annoying.

How is gearing a 'mess?' You hit 120. Do normal dungeons and world quests, then heroics, then mythic dungeons to get ready for raid.

Island expeditions do get repetitive, though it's not like FF XIV content doesn't? Islands are meant as a weekly way to get a bunch of azerite.

The level up zones are no more boring and tedious in BFA than they are in Stormblood.

The writing in Heavensward was actually good but Stormblood took a huge step back. We'll see where 4.4 and 4.5 go but they haven't exactly been blowing me out of the water with their story in SB.

FF XIV jobs being better than WoW classes is subjective so I'll grant you that.

It's fair if you like SB more than BFA but let's not pretend Stormblood doesn't have problems too.
    Last edited by Florena; 2018-08-20 at 03:17 PM.

Uuummm... Most people at 120 are currently logging in daily just to do WQ's or do Dungeons.
    Like most people in Legion at 110.

I can name a whole plethora of things the expansion is lacking over Legion so far and how even the few things that exist currently in BfA aren't fun to do. But why bother when we already have this "More content than Legion" gem.
    Well, then start

I'm convinced based on your other thread and posts in this one that you're just purposefully stating the opposite of most of the popular fan demands of WoW or other MMOs.

I dont know a single person who said, "I want less voice over in WoW" or anyone who says that FFXIV's voice overs (Which aren't even numerous at the point you claimed you gave up in vanilla FFXIV) are annoying.
    The voice overs in FF XIV are generally good, but there are also sooooo maaaaaany voiceless cutscenes and the dialog is often written in a way where it takes forever for very little to be communicated, they could stand to trim it down a bit in FF XIV honestly.

Why is everyone saying good riddance? OP clearly posted that he'd rather play Final Fantasy XIV THEN Battle for Azeroth. OP isn't going anywhere.

Deleted

Can you explain how the writing team have not been consistent with Sylvanas? Sylvanas has literally been doing this since Cataclysm... look at Southshore and Gilneas. Literally, her character has not changed in the slightest.

Deleted

I never said I want less voiceover in WoW. I mainly talk about the amount of things NPCs say in general. That can be text you have to read as well. It's just that in FF14, some NPCs talk, and talk, and talk. It's like, everything is said, but they have to repeat it and restate it, and it's just so redundant. I was interested in FF14 for a while, I still think it looks very beautiful, but I got up to Titan in the main story, did all the sidequests up to a certain level and I just felt that most of the quests are boring. Not all. There are a few gems in there, but to get there, you have to dig through a lot of boring stuff. Sorry I have a different opinion than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    The voice overs in FF XIV are generally good, but there are also sooooo maaaaaany voiceless cutscenes and the dialog is often written in a way where it takes forever for very little to be communicated, they could stand to trim it down a bit in FF XIV honestly.
    I mean I agree but I think the difference is that FFXIV is written and presented as an actual RPG.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mysweetlord View Post
    I never said I want less voiceover in WoW. I mainly talk about the amount of things NPCs say in general. That can be text you have to read as well. It's just that in FF14, some NPCs talk, and talk, and talk. It's like, everything is said, but they have to repeat it and restate it, and it's just so redundant. I was interested in FF14 for a while, I still think it looks very beautiful, but I got up to Titan in the main story, did all the sidequests up to a certain level and I just felt that most of the quests are boring. Not all. There are a few gems in there, but to get there, you have to dig through a lot of boring stuff. Sorry I have a different opinion than you.
    The side quests, outside of a rare few, have no real significance and serve only as fluff to the actual story. A lot like BfA. You dont even need to do them nowadays with the pre-Stormblood exp buff.

While you have a point with Lilian Voss, Sylvannas is the same as she always has been since becoming Undead, a self serving murderer.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!