Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    But it really isn't. At all.

In all fairness, someone's religious belief is more closely protected than someone's bottom line.
    Yes, it 100% is different on a fundamental level.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    Yeah, I understand that many of you are challenged when it comes to smart people stuff:

Businesses are given leeway to set their own rules and have the right to refuse service. However, under federal law (The Federal Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Americans with Disabilities Act), business owners are only prohibited from discriminating based on race, religion, national origin, or disability. Age is not a protected class.

In other contexts, there is a prohibition on discrimination based on age, but the Age Discrimination in Employment Act only applies in employment situations and only to those that are 40 and older. It has nothing to do with whether a business owner can prohibit children in his or her establishment.

source: http://lindleylawoffice.com/blog/201...m-restaurants/

It is also possible for local ordinances to address further issues if that's what folks want to do.
    But when it's a black child who gets refused service then it's going to go to court. Which is the point of my comment.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Don't see an issue with this and if anyone tries to fight it, hang a picture of tits and give that as a reason.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

I have,kids and I see nothing wrong with a adults on restraint, just so folks are made aware of it when they make a reservation ect. There are plenty of family style restraints around for the kids.

Well, look at that; A restaurant in Germany banned kids after 5 p.m. — and business is booming

Oma's Küche in Germany recently banned children from dining in the establishment.
    The decision led to an increase in sales.
    Other restaurants in the US and around the world have enacted similar bans.

Old Fisherman's Grotto, a restaurant in Monterey, California, has a policystating children "crying or making loud noises" are not allowed to dine there. Caruso's, a fancy Italian restaurant in Mooresville, North Carolina, banned kids in 2017. Hampton Station, a pizza place in Florida, also banned kids in 2017.

The establishments all had the same reasons behind their no-kids policies: children can be very disruptive to other diners, and many parents do nothing to try to stop them from acting out.

On top of that, many business owners argue that having small children running around can be dangerous — not just for them, but employees and other customers as well. Servers who are walking around carrying hot plates or busboys holding huge piles of dirty dishes could easily collide with the kids and cause an accident.

The decision is met with outrage from some, but overall, restaurants that ban kids see an increase in sales.

My dentist just recently instituted a no-kids policy as well. It's been great, you don't have to watch your language anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    German restaurant imposes 'no children allowed' dinner policy
    https://www.dw.com/en/german-restaur...icy/a-45116704

I like this a lot. I've had far too many dinners out ruined by the annoying behavior of other guests, and this is but a good start on the problem. When I was a kid I wasn't regularly taken to any restaurants until I was at least 10 years old and if I did not behave there was hell to pay later for sure. I frankly don't recall misbehaving because I was delighted to be included in adult activities. At every age growing up I always had three piece suits of my own, so we always had nice clothes. In raising his children my brother made his kids understand that going out was an enormous privilege not to be abused by tomfoolery. Any misbehavior and that kid wasn't back to a restaurant in a long fucking time. He'd take the kid out to the car and sit there with them until the meal was finished and we'd go home in a terrible silence.

On my own I've also decided to no longer patronize any establishment that has a big screen TV in the dining room. The bar is an acceptable location for that nonsense, but anywhere else and I never return and I also don't want to hear it from the dining room. Everyone has a fucking phone so if they need the final score, some news, or whatever they can get it if they must - and, you know, value being out with their loved ones not at all.

Where I live I am down to the very occasional "Five Guys" trip mainly for the fries, and five star only establishments if they follow my rules. And most places aren't really even five star anyway.

Most nights we just eat food I make at the table with some pleasant music on in the background. It is more than divine.

"L'enfer, c'est les autres" - Jean-Paul Sartre
    Are you playing a character? Because I've hung out with millionaires who are far less pretentious.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    People getting triggered by kids at restaurants need to stop going to shitty restaurants and go to nice ones.

Kids from good parents arnt that bad. Mind your own business.
    The heavy coding in this is hilarious, not sure if intended. "Good" being code for "not lower class"

Ya, you go to any restuarant where mexicans bring their multitudes of kids with them? They are loud and obnoxious. This sounds racist as fuck. Of course not all mexican young kids are awful and noisy....but i've lived in southern cali for a good 20 years now....the difference between mexican kids and non mexican kids is all too obvious, on the whole.

They have more kids than they can afford or handle because of culture, and stupid as fuck religious beliefs. They do it to themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as the food was good I would give preferential patronage to any restaurant that banned kids. I wouldn't even care if they still allowed smoking inside. No screaming kids, I'll throw my money at you.

When I go out to eat, I do so to enjoy it. Listening to some worthless fucking brats screaming and bouncing all over the place, knocking shit off the table, singing or screaming at the top of their lungs in some place that doesn't involve a clown or animatronic bear is not what I consider fun. I'm sorry that YOU made the decision to have children, that doesn't mean that the rest of us have to suffer for your poor choices. There are places that are appropriate for that sort of thing, and there are places that are not. Does getting a baby sitter cost money? It sure does. Again, that was YOUR choice. We should not have to pay with our sanity because you're too fucking cheap to get one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I too have kids and have no problem with this. If we're doing a "family" dinner with the 4 year old, we head to a restaurant that is family friendly (usually indicated by the presence of a kids menu, highchairs and change tables available etc). My kid is pretty well behaved in a restaurant since he enjoys doing things that are different than normal, but even if he's not screaming kids are kinda bad at inside voices >.<. No one else wants to hear my kids inane chatter (sometimes not even I do).

A restaurant in my town informally "banned" kids by refusing to provide highchairs/booster seats and removed the change tables from the washrooms (as well as no kid options for food) and if someone shows up asking for those things are told that the restaurant doesn't encourage children. It's literally 1 restaurant in a town with easily 50-100, maybe more, dining options and it blows my fucking mind that I still see other parents getting ragey about it to the point of bringing their own highchairs and changing babies on the booth seats. Like Jesus Christ guys... pick a different place.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who has worked in food for fifteen years, I have but one thing to say:

I'm also in favor of telling piss-ass customers to keep their money and fuck off. Can we make that a standard option too please?
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Deleted
    Who doesn't dislike having people in a restaurant?

I don't even blame the kids, the parents are to blame. They don't correct their children anymore.

I was raised by my grandmother and she didn't take me out to restaurants until she knew I was old enough to behave myself, at age six or so. If I caused a scene or disturbed anyone else I was grounded.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.