Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Horde Sylvanas DOES fit the Horde faction fantasy

Looking at complaints on "undead high elf not fitting Horde's theme" I tend to disagree.

Thrall's Horde's theme? Yes. But that era had a different Sylvanas, too, personality-wise.

But since Cataclysm we've been heavily drifting towards the Old Horde faction fantasy, not just with Garrosh (though he did play a large part), but more with orcs now being warmongering and bloodthirsty regardless of demonic blood.

And what was fundamental with the Old Horde lore? Warlocks, necromancers and undead.

Some of the most powerful and influential Old Horde figures were physically frail, un-orc'y, scheming evil sorcerer types. Namely Gul'dan, Teron Gorefiend and even BtDP era Ner'zhul.

Sylvanas fits the team perfectly if you ask me.

Undead high elf? Teron was an undead human (possessed by an orc's soul, but still). Oh and he wanted a lil' personal world for himself and his death knights, not unlike Sylvanas' kingdom of undeath.

Burning Teldrassil out of sheer spite? That's exactly what Gul'dan did in Legion audio drama, torching a ship full of innocents just to piss off Khadgar. And I won't even mention mass sacrifices and such, you don't earn the Destroyer of Dreams achievement and title by picking flowers and petting squirrels.

Raising her own troops as undead? Any necrolyte's and death knight's tuesday.

Treating whole of her faction as disposable cannon fodder? Ner'zhul "I dumped half my Horde to die on Draenor" says hello.

Even her looks are pretty close to Warcraft II's death knights. Skeletal armor, cloak and hood, an undead steed etc. Only using bow instead of a staff or a melee weapon.

So in my opinion, Sylvanas' Horde is pretty much true to Old Horde faction fantasy. We had a Grom/Orgrim/Blackhand expy combo (Garrosh), we had a rather poor substitute for Zul'jin (Vol'jin), now we have essentially a female Teron Gorefiend on the throne, complete with vibes from Gul'dan's petty cruelty and Ner'zhul's selfish determination.
    Given that BtDP Horde campaign was aptly named The Burning of Azeroth (and Kul Tiras was sacked along the way), there's not much room for the coincidences, and personally I have no problem with it being that way.

Deleted
    The problem is that Blizzard writes WarCraft 1+2 Horde and then has the guts to tell everyone that it's the misunderstood dindu WarCraft 3/Vanilla Horde.

Sylvanas is fine. I just hope they do something more exciting with her character than "She got used up with old god power and now we have to kill her in a raid" or something like that. Although, I predict it will be the exact same as Garrosh. I think the Horde is in a very interesting place now with Sylvanas. I like that not everyone is agreeing with the actions taken and that there is some inner turmoil. That was why Garrosh was a cool character until he went overboard. He didn't agree with Thrall on everything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasula Elfbiter View Post
    Looking at complaints on "undead high elf not fitting Horde's theme" I tend to disagree.

Thrall's Horde's theme? Yes. But that era had a different Sylvanas, too, personality-wise.

But since Cataclysm we've been heavily drifting towards the Old Horde faction fantasy, not just with Garrosh (though he did play a large part), but more with orcs now being warmongering and bloodthirsty regardless of demonic blood.
    No offense, mate. Everything you said that is wrong.

The first time i opened WoW i thought to myself. Why are these undead bungled in with the Horde. They seem off. As we all know the reasons are for the Horde to have some grip on the Eastern Kingdoms. Sylvanas was not different then, she had purpose (to kill arthas). That purpose masked the person she really was.
    Also Orcs are not inherently Bloodthirsty and warmongering. They love a battle and war, i'll give you that. But they didn't commit genocide for shats and gaggles (without demon blood). they lived for the hunt and fought with their view of honor.

Honor and Sylvanas are polar opposites. If anything, she has dragged the Horde down to her level.

cheers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SamwiseGG View Post
    Also Orcs are not inherently Bloodthirsty and warmongering. They love a battle and war, i'll give you that. But they didn't commit genocide for shats and gaggles (without demon blood). they lived for the hunt and fought with their view of honor.
    Except WoD basically confirmed that orcs were always genocidal, they just lacked the means to do it. If you give them demon blood/goblin technology, they start killing everything around them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    Except WoD basically confirmed that orcs were always genocidal, they just lacked the means to do it. If you give them demon blood/goblin technology, they start killing everything around them.
    Yeah, that expansion was hot garbage and I pretend it doesnt exist. By that logic, Draenei are now also inherently crusaders out for a cleansing

Deleted
    The problem are just the forsaken. Why are they still part of the Horde? Why is the rest of the Horde ignoring what they are doing?

Quote Originally Posted by a4ea5 View Post
    The problem are just the forsaken. Why are they still part of the Horde? Why is the rest of the Horde ignoring what they are doing?
    Cause every time a Horde race sticks it up to the Alliance, outrage and time for another SoO, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    The old horde never started out with dark magic, it was when gul'dan became a warlock when the orcs started to toy with necromancy and all that

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy... Another in-depth Sylvanas analysis. Thrilling...
    Here is something to believe in!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Cause every time a Horde race sticks it up to the Alliance, outrage and time for another SoO, right?
    I don't really know what you mean.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    SoO happened because Gary pissed off half the Horde, the Alliance and the pandas.

Sylvi is on her way to pissing off anything not undead. And half the undead as well to boot. This will be another SoO. There is no other way to end her. Blizzard could try to write a redemption story but it will be the most forced writing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    SoO happened because Gary pissed off half the Horde, the Alliance and the pandas.

Sylvi is on her way to pissing off anything not undead. And half the undead as well to boot. This will be another SoO. There is no other way to end her. Blizzard could try to write a redemption story but it will be the most forced writing ever.
    No, SoO happened cause a lot of Alliance and some Horde started wailing about being too nasty. In never actually understood why the Horde is supposed to feel bad for killing Alliance. In fact the Horde has to feel bad for just about everything, starting from honorable orcs who are in fact ravenous murderers up to undead multiplying by turning dumbass Alliance soldiers who attack them. What's whit the constant guilt tripping? Why the outrage? Why are you using femonazy tactics? "WHY AREN'T YOU OUTRAGED?" "HOW CAN YOU ALLOW THIS?".

My personal opinion is that conflict between the factions is good, no faction should be heavily favored and factions should be separated, their only interaction being conflict and not moronic fraternity. Quit trying to turn the Horde against their leader again, quit trying to guilt-trip Blizzard into complying with your immature demands, allow the fucking story to flow without trying to flood it with your tears.

Deleted
    Good versus bad is much More interesting than good vs good. Cmon now. Who doesent want To play as the badguys? Id totally play as the bad guys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moromir View Post
    Good versus bad is much More interesting than good vs good. Cmon now. Who doesent want To play as the badguys? Id totally play as the bad guys.
    That will be okay, once the Tauren leave the Horde and Blizzard admits they are the bad guys, instead of morally graytm

And what was fundamental with the Old Horde lore? Warlocks, necromancers and undead.

Some of the most powerful and influential Old Horde figures were physically frail, un-orc'y, scheming evil sorcerer types. Namely Gul'dan, Teron Gorefiend and even BtDP era Ner'zhul.

Undead high elf? Teron was an undead human (possessed by an orc's soul, but still). Oh and he wanted a lil' personal world for himself and his death knights, not unlike Sylvanas' kingdom of undeath.

Burning Teldrassil out of sheer spite? That's exactly what Gul'dan did in Legion audio drama, torching a ship full of innocents just to piss off Khadgar. And I won't even mention mass sacrifices and such, you don't earn the Destroyer of Dreams achievement and title by picking flowers and petting squirrels.

Treating whole of her faction as disposable cannon fodder? Ner'zhul "I dumped half my Horde to die on Draenor" says hello.

Even her looks are pretty close to Warcraft II's death knights. Skeletal armor, cloak and hood, an undead steed etc. Only using bow instead of a staff or a melee weapon.

So in my opinion, Sylvanas' Horde is pretty much true to Old Horde faction fantasy. We had a Grom/Orgrim/Blackhand expy combo (Garrosh), we had a rather poor substitute for Zul'jin (Vol'jin), now we have essentially a female Teron Gorefiend on the throne, complete with vibes from Gul'dan's petty cruelty and Ner'zhul's selfish determination.
    Given that BtDP Horde campaign was aptly named The Burning of Azeroth (and Kul Tiras was sacked along the way), there's not much room for the coincidences, and personally I have no problem with it being that way.
    Very well then. You want to say,that the current Horde is the same as the original Orcish Horde. If you do,then I tell you this -it's a faction,that has to be put down and Daelin Proudmoore did nothing wrong. Also,if your Horde is based solely on warlocks and bloothirsty warriors,it makes no sense for a paladin such as Liadrin, pandaren and tauren races in general, to do anything with the faction,who's ultimate goal is to drown the Azeroth in death and destruction.
    Last edited by Felixon; 2018-08-21 at 12:31 PM.

Deleted
    personally I have no problem with the Banshee and her undead followers. I think they make for a colorfull adition to the Horde. I have a serious problem with her overtly genocidal and murderous tendencies. She has zero regard for anyone but herself, that's not someone I want leading my faction.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneOstrich View Post
    personally I have no problem with the Banshee and her undead followers. I think they make for a colorfull adition to the Horde. I have a serious problem with her overtly genocidal and murderous tendencies. She has zero regard for anyone but herself, that's not someone I want leading my faction.
    When you have her casually sacrifice her own soldiers and turn them into skeletons, you have to start asking some questions. Some posters eat it up as a "cunning" strategy and "everything's fine during war" - conveniently forgetting that most people (which also happens to include most fantasy races) generally don't enjoy choking to death in a poisonous gas, simply because their boss decided this was the optimal tactic. The PC is obviously protected by a plot armor, but if that wasn't the case, I could easily see Sylvanas bargaining our life as a means of gaining more power. Wonder if said edgy posters would agree with her methods at that point.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2018-08-21 at 12:53 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    well thats a lot of mental gymnastic here, you could get the gold medal

only missed the part "sylvanas breath air like this old horde figures, she is totally like then"

"Sylvanus being a undead high elf resemble exactly what the orchish horde was" well it made me giggle

ok, where is the elf enter here?, warlock necromancer, undead and orc

fist, the old horde is no more, its stupid tying to bring her up, second, even if you do, there was no horde elf there, nothing about her is tied with the old horde

how can orcs be un-orc'y? LUL also, besides Ner'zhul none of then were Warchief, and none of then look like sylvanus, who is a Dark ranger, not warlock, not deathknight not even a full necromancer but a banshee
    not in any account
    undead human with a soul of an warlock>>>>undead high elf with a soul of a elf

Teron was not warchief, this she should not be either
    Gul'dan in te audio drama was from another universe, AND EVIL, nothing more to say

except no, the death knights used the bodies of the enemy, not their own

how is this good? is retarded, he jus blow up drAenor because he goes insane with the power

no, just no

So in my opinion, Sylvanas' Horde is pretty much true to Old Horde faction fantasy
    your opinion its just nonsense, with a lot of mental gymanstic, the horde is not the old horde and even if it was she is just a failed and bad attempt
    We had a Grom/Orgrim/Blackhand expy combo (Garrosh), we had a rather poor substitute for Zul'jin (Vol'jin), now we have essentially a female Teron Gorefiend on the throne, complete with vibes from Gul'dan's petty cruelty and Ner'zhul's selfish determination.
    what the heck are you on, are you high or something? nothing make sense
    the horde was not the demonic horde since war2, there is a fuckton of problems with that
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-08-21 at 01:25 PM.