Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    Warcraftdevs just tweeted that the Coldlight pet hasn't been found because the Murloc tribe it drops from hasn't appeared on islands yet. (And coldlight murlocs have appeared so that makes sense. )

I seriously think they are now just making it up as they go along.
    Of course they are.. They probably forget to implement it or something, just like with the Sha of Anger mount at the start of MoP.

Warcraftdevs just tweeted that the Coldlight pet hasn't been found because the Murloc tribe it drops from hasn't appeared on islands yet. (And coldlight murlocs have appeared so that makes sense. )

Yeah I think this is turning out to be the true secret to islands.

"Oh yeah if course you haven't seen it yet it isn't on the loot table!"

Quote Originally Posted by Voltsmasher View Post
    I have successfully convinced myself that I enjoy island expeditions as a relaxing feature.

I find this to be critical in farming the drops because it becomes more of a one day it will just happen and that will be awesome and exciting. But if you only do it for a chance at the drop you're probably going to hate yourself a little bit more after each island
    IF IF IF IF IF you could solo them, I would agree with you 100%.

But you can't, so instead I disagree with you 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    IF IF IF IF IF you could solo them, I would agree with you 100%.

But you can't, so instead I disagree with you 100%.
    I don't actually want to solo them ever. Then it really would be a spammy grind. I would just rather I didn't have to do it with random people all the time.

When I do mythic difficulty with my brother and cousin I find it really fun from a game play perspective. Could do with less random trash in-between camps and rares though

P.S. I also wish there was variation of map type. What I mean by this is that I wish whispering reef had like 3 different geographic variations to it (and so forth for each map type) that way it wouldn't be quite so redundant each week.
    Last edited by Voltsmasher; 2018-11-21 at 05:12 PM.

Deleted

Did you just assume the race of those Murlocs?

Islands are decent right now (Probably the best content from BFA) and have potential to be great. Warfronts do not.

Here is to hoping we will be able to level alts from level 1 with Islands in the future!

Wait a moment... if you couldn't complete the pet achievement because one of the pets couldn't drop yet... then how is it possible that someone has all achievements in the game right now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Wait a moment... if you couldn't complete the pet achievement because one of the pets couldn't drop yet... then how is it possible that someone has all achievements in the game right now?
    There is no one that has all achievements completed.

You guys are beta testing IEs. You realize this right? What really amazing is Blizz has converted the secret finding discord into a beta test discord and the discord hasn't noticed yet.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ty for the link.

Also... if the reward is given at the end, why it is relevant the mob that you kill?

Note: So far i only got the Murloc's eye quest thing.

Deleted
    Just had to kick a guy who started mining azerite after a mogu invasion just spawned. Fun design, gg. Would it be so hard to let us stay inside an island for aslong as we wanted to clear those mogu/pirates/twiligh? If I was blizzard, I would have hotfixed this right away.

Deleted
    Yep, that design is bullshit. "oh cool an event starts...aaaaaand it's finished." so many events starting at like 8500 azerite, there's literally not enough left to kill all the mobs.

Deleted
    I'v given Island Expeditions way more attention that I really should have. The reward system is catastrophical, and the feedback we've got from devs so far is abysmal.

First of all, Island Exp sucked, nothing ever dropped, so devs increased the rewards. This already means they had no fucking idea how to design this.
    Second of all, it took players weeks to actually decipher the mess blizzard layed out for us, and to actually understand how the drop system works. Blizzard is silent.
    Third of all, people complain and complain, blizzard still silent.
    Fourth, "there's some changes in 8.1", but still silence and the drops don't get adressed at all.
    Fifth, the fucking Dubloon rewards. Now I can't use those cool consumables, because I have to save my stupid Dubloon on mounts in 8.1

Now a little bit about the abysmal state of the massive rng that plays a role in getting a single item.
    Let's take the Craighorn Leaper as an exmaple. In order to get this mount, you need to overcome several RNG gates.
    FIRST. There needs to be Dread Chain active that week.
    SECOND. You need to actually get it selected out of the other 2 islands.
    THIRD. Yetis need to spawn on the island
    FOURTH. Among those Yetis, a Rare needs to spawn
    FIFTH. You actually need to find and kill it before the opposite faction does.
    SIXTH. GZ, you just earned a 1% chance to get the mount.

Also, you also need to have a party of willing people, you can't just farm this randomly like you would, let's say, a mount from Mythic Freehold, or the mount from Hounds of Sargeras.

EDIT: Island Expeditions are fun, but let's face it. Raids are fun, but how much fun would they be if they dropped no loot or mounts?
    Last edited by mmocad3e65e5d1; 2018-11-25 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    I'v given Island Expeditions way more attention that I really should have. The reward system is catastrophical, and the feedback we've got from devs so far is abysmal.

First of all, Island Exp sucked, nothing ever dropped, so devs increased the rewards. This already means they had no fucking idea how to design this.
    Second of all, it took players weeks to actually decipher the mess blizzard layed out for us, and to actually understand how the drop system works. Blizzard is silent.
    Fourth, "there's some changes in 8.1", but still silence and the drops don't get adressed at all.
    Fifth, the fucking Dubloon rewards. Now I can't use those cool consumables, because I have to save my stupid Dubloon on mounts in 8.1

Now a little bit about the abysmal state of the massive rng that plays a role in getting a single item.
    Let's take the Craighorn Leaper as an exmaple. In order to get this mount, you need to overcome several RNG gates.

Also, you also need to have a party of willing people, you can't just farm this randomly like you would, let's say, a mount from Mythic Freehold, or the mount from Hounds of Sargeras.

EDIT: Island Expeditions are fun, but let's face it. Raids are fun, but how much fun would they be if they dropped no loot or mounts?
    Just got an island where we had ALOT of yetis including about 5-6 elites and a rare. Of course even clearing all of that, I didn't get anything. Fuck this system and fuck the fucking people that designed the who the fuck knows what it is RNG for this shit. Fuck you designer.

"If we just make the drops rely on RNG upon RNG upon RNG upon RNG, people will be hooked into playing FOREVER!"

*a million people quit because they hate RNG*

"Okay, let's adjust the RNG so a 0.01% chance is now 0.1%! That's TEN TIMES as likely! People will LOVE it!"

*another million people quite because they still hate RNG*

"I don't get it, we're listening to our player base and giving them what they want! Why can't they just have fun with the exploitative models we've put in to milk them?!"

I've prophesied this outcome since the Beta, and to no one's surprise, it came to pass. Island Expeditions are terribly designed, and not even the AP makes them attractive enough to me to do them. They're like MoP scenarios all over again, except even worse because there's not even a story element or anything just dumb running around picking up shards and shells with a reward mechanic that makes them a repetitive grind. A recipe for disaster right there, that somehow they thought we were going to overlook and simply swallow. And to lock vanity rewards behind such a frustrating experience with ten layers of RNG? It's like they WANTED players to get mad.

Deleted

Slight correction, yetis can spawn on other island caves but only rarely. Seen them on atleast 4 maps, even if only as few as 4. Do we know that only rares are needed? Because yeah, only dread chain can have a rare. If you have any confirmation on "1% from rare only" I would love to see it.
    Last edited by mmocce3e2c6f69; 2018-11-26 at 01:36 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukramo View Post
    If you have any confirmation on "1% from rare only" I would love to see it.
    No I can't, because Blizzard is bunch of retards who can't tell us what's going on. That's just what we think is true, but that's not right. We shouldn't be the one cracking their retarded code. I get it if it's a secret like Lucid Nightmare, yeah, let us explore and solve that, but not something that's a major expansion feature. And not 3 months after release...

No I can't, because Blizzard is bunch of retards who can't tell us what's going on. That's just what we think is true, but that's not right. We shouldn't be the one cracking their retarded code. I get it if it's a secret like Lucid Nightmare, yeah, let us explore and solve that, but not something that's a major expansion feature. And not 3 months after release...
    I bet you really liked it when they said that "we like seeing players piece together how island loot chances work"

I support the recent tone of this thread 1 million percent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    "If we just make the drops rely on RNG upon RNG upon RNG upon RNG, people will be hooked into playing FOREVER!"

*a million people quit because they hate RNG*

"Okay, let's adjust the RNG so a 0.01% chance is now 0.1%! That's TEN TIMES as likely! People will LOVE it!"

*another million people quite because they still hate RNG*

"I don't get it, we're listening to our player base and giving them what they want! Why can't they just have fun with the exploitative models we've put in to milk them?!"

I've prophesied this outcome since the Beta, and to no one's surprise, it came to pass. Island Expeditions are terribly designed, and not even the AP makes them attractive enough to me to do them. They're like MoP scenarios all over again, except even worse because there's not even a story element or anything just dumb running around picking up shards and shells with a reward mechanic that makes them a repetitive grind. A recipe for disaster right there, that somehow they thought we were going to overlook and simply swallow. And to lock vanity rewards behind such a frustrating experience with ten layers of RNG? It's like they WANTED players to get mad.
    It would be better if I could do them alone or in a duo, but no, if I queue alone I automatically get some people who are probably too stuipid to comprehend the simple rules of farming these things. Adding additional grievance to the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    It would be better if I could do them alone or in a duo, but no, if I queue alone I automatically get some people who are probably too stuipid to comprehend the simple rules of farming these things. Adding additional grievance to the whole thing.
    I'm just sick of getting people that think that saving 3 minutes by making it a spammy AoE fest is actually worth how boring they make it.

No wonder people can't stand doing islands when they just AoE trash mobs constantly. When they do this it's basically like doing M+ where all there is, is trash.