Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    At the rate this is going, by the time we get to the next expansion's pre-expansion patch, they'll finally have Island Expeditions in shape to be a solid release feature for BFA on both the gameplay and reward structure side.

Deleted
    Currently sitting on 3 characters and leaving when I'm not getting dread chain. Mogu, Mogu, MOGU!

Finally got the twilight scale and a blue Jinju weapon. The pygme toy and Jinju too are waaaay too low drop rate. Got the kobold toy on my second run so the drop rates are hardly equal. A friend got that one early too.

Also noticed that every single pet that I dont have is purchasable on the AH. Strange feeling.
    Last edited by mmocce3e2c6f69; 2018-12-05 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Torvald View Post
    At the rate this is going, by the time we get to the next expansion's pre-expansion patch, they'll finally have Island Expeditions in shape to be a solid release feature for BFA on both the gameplay and reward structure side.
    Relax - it's still Beta!

Quote Originally Posted by Torvald View Post
    You mean nearly as long as it took them to fix the legiondaries? Sounds about right.

Deleted
    There are two comments on wowhead for the Jinju toy: https://www.wowhead.com/item=164372/jinyu-light-globe

Not one confirmation that its actually in game. Can anyone confirm getting this?

Quote Originally Posted by Sukramo View Post
    The pygme toy and Jinju too are waaaay too low drop rate. Got the kobold toy on my second run so the drop rates are hardly equal. A friend got that one early too.

Also noticed that every single pet that I dont have is purchasable on the AH. Strange feeling.
    Just because you got lucky and had the kobold toy drop on your second run, doesn't mean that their chances are different (or higher or lower, etc.). I've had way more island with kobolds than Jinyu or pygmies, don't have any of the toys.

And consider yourself lucky that you can purchase the pets you need, the prices of Poro and Octopode Fry have come down significantly, I'm sure the others will too as the expansion progresses.

- - - Updated - - -

There are two comments on wowhead for the Jinju toy: https://www.wowhead.com/item=164372/jinyu-light-globe

Not one confirmation that its actually in game. Can anyone confirm getting this?
    If it's not in the toy tab, it is extremely doubtful that it's in game. That's the danger of people database mining...

- - - Updated - - -

Are there any changes to yeti/wendigo in 8.1? Right now its entirely possible to play islands for 10+ hours and not get to kill a single yeti. And only Dread chain (ice) can have and decent number of them.
    I got Dread Chain (icy) twice last night. One had a bunch of yeti, and I didn't see any on the other (though I didn't get to explore the whole island, so I am not sure if there was a small pack or cave that had them).

They didn't make any specific announcement about yeti/wendigo/that mount for 8.1 as far as I have read.

Deleted
    Just seeing two people get kobold toy in their second run made me consider it very common. I suppose its not then. I do know that the pygmie toy is ingame, seen someone use it so its just madly rare.

Good catch on Jinyu toy not being in the ingame bar. Its defintly not in game then and wowhead messed up by listing it in their loot guide.

From my personal experience, even Dread chain has a mere 1/10 chance to spawn any yetis, and only once have I ever seen a yeti rare, along with any spawns outside the save. Absolute madness. That mount to go on the vendor or we are looking at MOP world boss rarity. Yetis are kinda slowly driving me insane. The other mounts are rare for sure, but atleast you do get to buy a lottry ticket (kill the right mobs) towards it. The yeti not so much.
    Last edited by mmocce3e2c6f69; 2018-12-06 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    It would be better if I could do them alone or in a duo, but no, if I queue alone I automatically get some people who are probably too stuipid to comprehend the simple rules of farming these things. Adding additional grievance to the whole thing.
    Well, I wouldn't call them stupid, just because some people do Island Expos for different reasons then you. Some players have no interest whatsoever in farming vanity items and just want to get to 6000 as fast as possible.

Deleted
    I must have cleared 40 Mogu islands, and then my guildie steps into her first mythic and gets one....while only killing about 25% of all mogu on the island.

Rage!

5+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone gotten the mounts to drop yet at all?
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Has anyone gotten the mounts to drop yet at all?
    There's literally 35 pages about drops, mounts included.

TLDR: yes some few have gotten them, if you can fight thru 7 layers of RNG and herd your group/cats into the right puddles, you might get one as well.

Also the system is changing in 8.1.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    There's literally 35 pages about drops, mounts included.

TLDR: yes some few have gotten them, if you can fight thru 7 layers of RNG and herd your group/cats into the right puddles, you might get one as well.

Also the system is changing in 8.1.
    I know the system is changing.
    I was asking about this current cycle bc I was wondering if certain mounts were still unavailable like the toys people recently said aren't even in yet.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2018-12-10 at 06:23 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    I know the system is changing.
    I was asking about this current cycle bc I was wondering if certain mounts were still unavailable like the toys people recently said aren't even in yet.
    The mounts are all confirmed to exist, personally have Jelly, Twilight. Have seen Mogu several times, pirate shows up every now and then and wowhead has confirmation on yeti mount. Only the Jinju toy appear to be non-existant. All pets now exist.

5+ Year Old Account
    The mounts are all confirmed to exist, personally have Jelly, Twilight. Have seen Mogu several times, pirate shows up every now and then and wowhead has confirmation on yeti mount. Only the Jinju toy appear to be non-existant. All pets now exist.
    That's good, I just wanted to make sure it was even worth trying for them until 8.1. Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.wowhead.com/bluetracker?...2665&region=us

In addition to the other changes from 8.1, looks like they'll be a LOT less cancerous now. Won't help the abysmal drop rates but I can't complain. Just wish I didn't farm 1200+ islands pre-8.1.

What are the islands this reset? Still not up on front page

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmage View Post
    What are the islands this reset? Still not up on front page
    Servers aren't up till 3 pm pst so no one knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupen202 View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/bluetracker?...2665&region=us

In addition to the other changes from 8.1, looks like they'll be a LOT less cancerous now. Won't help the abysmal drop rates but I can't complain. Just wish I didn't farm 1200+ islands pre-8.1.
    Wow this is nice, overall we should be able to complete islands even faster now (can now mine/loot everything/farm the other team without worrying you'll miss a rare). Now if only we can get the devs to slip on how much better your loot chances are between normal and heroic, we can figure out which one is the better mode to run...

Still no word on what islands and themed mobs we get this week?

Dread Chain (with Trolls)
    Rotting Mire (with Suarok)
    Jorundall (with Taunka)

My 'lucrative' mission was for 20 Titan Residuum.
    Last edited by Jodmos; 2018-12-12 at 12:16 PM.