Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Seem you will be guaranteed a dubloon bag for a win in 8.1.5. May be worth doing now (assuming they keep their word about adding things to vendors at the end of the expansion).

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    I think I managed to get everything from isles so far. all transmogs and pets. missing 1 mount only (that goddamn bird)

but i have to confess that I bought most of them from AH because it's dreadful to spam island expeditions.
    You have all mounts but one? Holy shit, how many islands did THAT take? But you had to buy pets? That's kind of hard to believe... I'm only missing 2 or 3 pets, have had piles and piles of duplicates, and 0 mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    Seem you will be guaranteed a dubloon bag for a win in 8.1.5. May be worth doing now (assuming they keep their word about adding things to vendors at the end of the expansion).
    When did they say this?

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    When did they say this?
    Patch notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    Why the hell did they nerf Dubloon drops to begin with?

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Why the hell did they nerf Dubloon drops to begin with?
    Yeah. When they added the actual cosmetics to the vendor dubloons drops went (for me anyway) from every other IE to 1 in every 5. Almost as if blizzard wanted to drag out the IE content since it now had item rewards to buy. On top of that the 3 characters I capped all got the useless residuum quest, and I got practically nothing from wins (I think what they did to fix afk farming may have screwed up drop rates) so I haven't done any since. I may now, given that dubloons are guaranteed (although I can see the actual quantity in a bag not being much - congratulations you get 1 dubloon.)
    Last edited by Jodmos; 2019-03-12 at 11:27 PM.

For many weeks now I"ve just done weekly cap for azerite. Came back to this thread with hope that there are some magical ways of getting the mounts. I guess there's no good news.

510 expeditions total done now. Just 1 mount. Most of them were done pre 8.1 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    For many weeks now I"ve just done weekly cap for azerite. Came back to this thread with hope that there are some magical ways of getting the mounts. I guess there's no good news.

510 expeditions total done now. Just 1 mount. Most of them were done pre 8.1 though.
    There isn't really a consistent way to target drops in islands since they changed loot tables to everything present on map.

The best way to get mounts now is run normally until the cycle has your target mob on an island, them spam the f**k out of them that week.

I've given up after about 1500 islands total. I still do a few a week for the azerite / map but I'm done doing them in a meaningful fashion beyond that. I have a single mount. There are too many groups with too many different loot pools to be bothered at this point. Want a parrot? Better hope there is a pirate island this week. Better hope you queue into that island specifically. Otherwise you get saurok and trolls and a million different flavors of elementals or the venture company showing up to add nothing of value.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    I've given up after about 1500 islands total.
    And its numbers like this that Blizzard will use as excuse. "Island Expeditions were extremely popular feature!!! We are ready to expand on it in the next expansion!".

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    And its numbers like this that Blizzard will use as excuse. "Island Expeditions were extremely popular feature!!! We are ready to expand on it in the next expansion!".
    People who farm it so much are rare exceptions probably.

I'm hitting the islands quite hard again this week, because of the default denizens, but of course, no luck so far.

I managed to buy both of the Dubloons mounts (the seahorse and the albatross), but I've yet to encounter any of the other mounts.

Meanwhile, a friend of mine managed to snag two of them (the mogu, and the pirate mounts) days apart from each other!

I finally got a mount! Ok, it's the skeleton horse one... That's something I guess.

20 Titan Residium, that's even worse in my book

Havenswood again. Did a check (couldn't find 12 Mar details) but last time there wasn't Havenswood was 26 Feb (unless it didn't show 12 Mar). Got to love Blizzard's idea of RNG. There are 9 islands. Why can't they have the week be random selection of the 6 islands not used the previous week so there is guaranteed variety over a few weeks?

garrison, paragon, isle expedition mounts are the worst - indefinitely farming for the rest of your wow-playing life.
    Enjoy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Besides the ridiculous amount of runs you'll probably need for some of the items, all classes playing like shit makes it even worse to grind.

Anybody found a class/spec they can bear with for just spamming runs?
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Killfainted View Post
    1200 runs and only 1 mount could not be more depressing.
    really? Try zero after that number - like probably 65% of people running this shit content.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Besides the ridiculous amount of runs you'll probably need for some of the items, all classes playing like shit makes it even worse to grind.

Anybody found a class/spec they can bear with for just spamming runs?
    BM Hunter, as you can easily solo any pack on Heroic, even if your teammates insist on doing stupid things or staring down pulls for 30 seconds every time.

Offtopic - they just are NOT going to change this horseshit loot system, are they?

Skittering Hollow with Nerubians
    Molten Cay with Yaungol
    Jorundall with Taunka

Ugh.