Deleted

BFA Alt - thoughts on Enhancement Shaman

Hi Guys,

I am looking for an alt character to go along with my main (resto druid) and I was looking at the enhancement shaman. I haven't played one before in any great depth but wanted to give it ago as to give me a fresh look at a spec. I will be playing at HC clear to half of the mythic bosses in raids and the equalivlant of legion M+ 10-17 so not of the highest tier but just as a guidance of content level.

I was just looking for some advice or guidance on what people's opinion are on the class at the early stages of BFA. I know currently there is quite a bad public perception of the shaman. Also if anyone could point me to any good enhancement resources to look over that would be great.

Any information and advice would be much appreciated.

Burst damage is nice pretty rng though...one fight you have amazing stormstrike procs next fight you don’t even get one. Aloe is mehhh. Defensive is kinda shit. Mechanics are very clunky right now and requires a ton of set up.

15+ Year Old Account
    in proper build enh is pulling its weight imo, burst is nice and overall dmg looks decent.
    aoe is not that bad, for sure mages can do more, moonkins prabobly to but they are a bit outlying atm and it will be balanced in 8.1 i hope
    self heal is freaking amazing curently, my healer in mythic have 4 ppls to keep up really, and sometimes when healer die i can sustain tank for decent amount of time myself (with lucky crits) hard to say if it will be toned down or not
    amount of control and utility we can currently give on mythics is formidable (2 aoe stuns + 1 as tauren + low cd range interrupt + purge, speed totem if talented, aoe slow, BL)
    im not sure what kind of setup required Undertow is talking about but that may be subjective based on build, for sure can agree with opinion that when Storm Bringer is procing its awsome and when not its kinda mech but as allways it will be smother with better gear
    Last edited by kosajk; 2018-08-22 at 01:39 PM.

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Deleted
    Thanks guy for the reply it is much appreciated.

For mythic + we might have a hard time getting groups. A Arms warrior with 10 ilvls lower then my enhance shaman is able to pull 15-25k on trash mobs and single target able to hold their own. The only other melee dps we can constantly beat on trash mobs is feral dps. Our single target is decent and on melee friendly bosses I do normally come first unless it's a good mage in the grp.

Its all about AOE, and you're not an AOE king, but if you don't die in a fire and understand when and what to control/lockdown you'll have a spot.