Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just farming rep and mythics.

I've had retardedly good luck at having my items drop, but the way all my armor is mismatched makes me look like a mongoloid.

Besides that yea, there's nothing else to do besides level an alt.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I can't work up much sympathy for someone who ignored the schedule of when content would release, finished early and is complaining about nothing to do. It's a problem I guess but it's your problem.
    just play less looooool

great argument

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Anyone else log in and realize they're just waiting for the raid to come out?

Also has anyone else realized that most of the playerbase wants to complete everything day one by themselves? They realize chasing gear in pugs is pointless because normal raid will replace all their gear, right?

I play a tank. I leveled by myself. By the time I hit 120, everyone was already too high iLvl and burnt out, so now I'm pugging by myself also.
    The only thing I can really do in this game that's organized is raid.

Do I just need to find a better guild, better friends to play with, all of the above?

TL;DR: Week 2 and I'm already idling, waiting for the raid. Why is this called an MMO again?
    If you don't like the game don't play it. I log in and instantly group up with a friend to run around with WM on and do WQ's and kill Alliance Scum. Once that's done I remember I need to do Island Expeditions and Mythics for loot because while "you replace it on Norm Raids" my guild is skipping to Heroic and we need to be geared up ready for that. If I happen to finish all WQ's, Mythics and the Island Cap then I finally have time to go back and do mount and pet farming or make some gold or farm mogs.

Maybe get some friends or a guild

Not even 120 yet, probably won't be till this weekend. Playing less is an option, finding a guild more suited to your pace is an even better one.

Sounds like you need a better guild and realigned expectations. This is wholly on those people who want to rush and do it all by the end of the first week. They might as well not bother logging in until the last patch of an expansion and then rush it in a month. It's ridiculous. Even single player games are over and done quickly when people rush through them. Unlike MMOs, people don't whine non-stop about those, they move on to something else until a sequel or future game is released.

There is simply not way to release content as fast as people will consume it. It's just not possible on any realistic scale. I doubt most of these people have finished all that the game offers. They don't finish their trades to max, pet battles, and so on.

It would be better for people to state: "I'm bored because the only content I want to play is not online yet. I will be bored with that content within weeks of its release."

I've known from the very beginning that everything is filler until the raid
    This mentality is probably the root of why you're not enjoying yourself right now like most other people are. Raids are a tremendous part of WoW's endgame content, to be sure, but to discount every other piece of content - quests, professions, reputations, exploration, dungeons, island expeditions, world quests, PvP, pet/mount collection, leveling alts - as being just "filler until the raid" is to discount the vast majority of what WoW has to offer overall. If you're interested in raiding and ONLY raiding, that's fine I guess, but it isn't really anyone's fault but your own then if you find yourself with nothing to do until Uldir opens up.

To put it another way: there's plenty that you could be doing right now, but it sounds like you're choosing not to do it in favor of staying singularly fixated on raiding.

Also, next time you make a thread, try to turn the drama knob down a little bit. Accusing WoW of being a "Massively Single Player Online Game" just because you personally are bored at the moment makes it difficult to take your points seriously.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been doing that right now honestly, but mostly just to one person.
    It might seem odd to read, but getting so far ahead of schedule is an example of your failing at time management, especially considering that the release schedule was made available in advance.

Then you just shouldn't have posted in the thread, lol.

I'm looking for people who feel the same, derp.
    This aint your safe-space

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I bet you are getting everything out of this thread that you need, by judging the responses so far. Keep it up Champ

- - - Updated - - -

I am not blaming anyone.

But at the end of the day, you make the decision who gets your money.

Sooo...if you give your money to the company that doesn't deliver? Yep, you are right...I am blaming the players.
    Okay great, I understand your point completely.

Are you one of the people that also says "bye" "cya" "can I have your gold" too..? I mean Blizzard is a company that aims to MAKE MONEY, so, if they lose even one subscriber it's a loss.

(If I come off as attacking you I really don't mean to do so, honestly just wondering of people's different point of views. We can have a calm discussion instead of a heated one!!)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tolfor View Post
    This mentality is probably the root of why you're not enjoying yourself right now like most other people are. Raids are a tremendous part of WoW's endgame content, to be sure, but to discount every other piece of content - quests, professions, reputations, exploration, dungeons, island expeditions, world quests, PvP, pet/mount collection, leveling alts - as being just "filler until the raid" is to discount the vast majority of what WoW has to offer overall. If you're interested in raiding and ONLY raiding, that's fine I guess, but it isn't really anyone's fault but your own then if you find yourself with nothing to do until Uldir opens up.

To put it another way: there's plenty that you could be doing right now, but it sounds like you're choosing not to do it in favor of staying singularly fixated on raiding.

Also, next time you make a thread, try to turn the drama knob down a little bit. Accusing WoW of being a "Massively Single Player Online Game" just because you personally are bored at the moment makes it difficult to take your points seriously.
    What I've read on the GD forums seems not so.

All you can really do at 120 is struggle through Mythics, do Island Expeditions that take an awfully long time, or do WQs. Can you explain what else there is to do..? (let's keep this expansion specific, ruling out doing old raids, old dailies etc.)

Anyone else log in and realize they're just waiting for the raid to come out?

Also has anyone else realized that most of the playerbase wants to complete everything day one by themselves? They realize chasing gear in pugs is pointless because normal raid will replace all their gear, right?

I play a tank. I leveled by myself. By the time I hit 120, everyone was already too high iLvl and burnt out, so now I'm pugging by myself also.
    The only thing I can really do in this game that's organized is raid.

Do I just need to find a better guild, better friends to play with, all of the above?

TL;DR: Week 2 and I'm already idling, waiting for the raid. Why is this called an MMO again?
    That sounds like a you problem. I don't have that problem.

If you only play this game to raid and only to raid, then yes, obviously you won't have anything you want to do until there is a raid open.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Okay great, I understand your point completely.

Are you one of the people that also says "bye" "cya" "can I have your gold" too..? I mean Blizzard is a company that aims to MAKE MONEY, so, if they lose even one subscriber it's a loss.

(If I come off as attacking you I really don't mean to do so, honestly just wondering of people's different point of views. We can have a calm discussion instead of a heated one!!)

- - - Updated - - -

All you can really do at 120 is struggle through Mythics, do Island Expeditions that take an awfully long time, or do WQs. Can you explain what else there is to do..? (let's keep this expansion specific, ruling out doing old raids, old dailies etc.)
    It's the same way at the beginning of every expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe dont fucking rush everything? You knew it'd be a months wait for M+ and raids/warfronts. I'm still having a good time and im sitting a 339ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    That sounds like a you problem. I don't have that problem.

If you only play this game to raid and only to raid, then yes, obviously you won't have anything you want to do until there is a raid open.

- - - Updated - - -

It's the same way at the beginning of every expansion.
    I don't recall this happening in WotLK, Cata or MoP. Secondary stats were always plentiful during the expansions I quoted.

For example, a 489 ilvl Hunter (MoP - Hof/ToS/MSV secondary stats were near around 25%.) Then again, Reforging was available.

I also recall having at least or near 20% crit and about 18% haste on a fresh dingged 80 in WotLK) so..
    Last edited by Laqweeta; 2018-08-22 at 10:43 PM.

No.

In fact, I can't fit everything I wanna do during my daily routine within the time I can play the game during the day, and it feels great. I love this launch and I'm enjoying the game a lot.

Here's a crazy idea - maybe you should determine what activities are available to you by actually looking around in-game, rather than trying to judge by looking at random threads on the forums of a third-party website.

"All you can do at 120 are these things that you can do." In addition to those three, I listed a number of other options in my previous post. You asking questions I've already answered doesn't make for good debate/discussion. Also, you wouldn't need to "struggle through" mythics if you took the time to gear for them appropriately beforehand, and I don't know what you're doing to make island expeditions take "an awfully long time;" they typically run in the 10-15 minute range in my experience.

Here's a crazy idea - maybe you should determine what activities are available to you by actually looking around in-game, rather than trying to judge by looking at random threads on the forums of a third-party website.

"All you can do at 120 are these things that you can do." In addition to those three, I listed a number of other options in my previous post. You asking questions I've already answered doesn't make for good debate/discussion. Also, you wouldn't need to "struggle through" mythics if you took the time to gear for them appropriately beforehand, and I don't know what you're doing to make island expeditions take "an awfully long time;" they typically run in the 10-15 minute range in my experience.
    Okay so no particular answer to my question(s) then.

Bold - This was on Blizzard forums. c: - Perhaps you need to read ^ . ^

What is your response to this, with 81 likes, on the official forums? - https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20767728504

What is your response to this, with 205 likes, on the official forums? - https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20767667897

What is your response to this, with 312 likes, on the offcial forums? - https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20767737599
    Last edited by Laqweeta; 2018-08-22 at 10:55 PM.

They would bring me because they like me, contrary to what this thread probably believes.
    Weren't you trashing your guild earlier in the thread and calling your guildmaster a lazyass?

Okay so no particular answer to my question(s) then.

Bold - This was on Blizzard forums. c: - Perhaps you need to read ^ . ^

What is your response to this, with 81 likes, on the official forums? - https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20767728504

What is your response to this, with 205 likes, on the official forums? - https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20767667897

What is your response to this, with 312 likes, on the offcial forums? - https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20767737599
    I answered your questions very clearly. Perhaps you need to read. :^)

And are you seriously trying to use cherrypicked posts with internet upvotes as an argument?

I'm not waiting for the raid to come out, I still have plenty of gearing to do. Gotta get to mythic dungeons, I'm still barely at heroic. "Slow dooooown, life is to be savored"

I'm finding the high queue times are pressuring a lot of helping out by gracious guild tanks/healers, and doing WQs in war mode highly encourages grouping together to avoid getting ganked. All in all, feels right.

I say if you're bored, level your opposite faction alt, but, since you clearly have plenty of free time while waiting on the raid and you're already geared on your main, relax and drink in the atmosphere, story, and music. Poke around and find the fun secrets and quirky details blizzard loves filling the zones with.

And are you seriously trying to use cherrypicked posts with internet upvotes as an argument?
    I'm curious to your answer to the first one, mainly on the tidbit of whether or not you can have either/or faction at exalted for both dark irons/mag'har or if you need honorbound for mag'har, and the alliance rep for kul'tirans.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2018-08-22 at 11:03 PM.

So I'll take that as a no then.

"cherrypicked" but have 20 pages of responses XD!!!

Where did you go?! :C
    Last edited by Laqweeta; 2018-08-22 at 11:08 PM.

Deleted
    OP must have loved Cataclysm and WoD.