Deleted

Arms rotation - single target

Hey fellow Warriors!

I know that there are several arms guides out there explaining the rotation but it seems like I am doing something wrong.

I hear people saying Arms warrior wreck meters, even on single target.
    When I play I do tons of AoE with Warbreaker/Bladestorm combo, but on single target I feel like I lack behind quite a bit compared to other DPS's.

So... I open with warbreaker, MS, Bladestorm, MS and other than that I use OP whenever it procs and MS whenver it is ready. Bladestorm only inside Warbreaker window and slam whenever I am close to ragecapping... Execute whenever possible and only MS with 2xOP stacks in execute phase.

... Am I missing something?

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually start with OP > OP > Warbreaker > MS > Bladestorm.

Some of the azerite traits are a tad OP right now. Having the right ones can pretty much make or break a class. Also, arms CD-focused design makes them look great in the current content where nothing lives that long. They are most likely in the midle of the pack when it comes to single target if you have a fight that takes more than a min.

Lately Ive started hitting mortal strike first, to get deep wounds up and running.
    Then av, cs, and itll be about time for another ms. I dont run 2overpowers, so I slam a bit more I guess.
    I dont really feel like my dps is behind on single target. Its not like the best or anything, but I generally find I can keep up with my group and now that my gear is good I do top single target fights fairly often too.
    Basically, more than ever before, it feels like arms is about maintaining deep wounds. I often find myself a little low on rage, and then its about saving rage to keep deep wounds up. I never ms during execute phase, because execute hits harder for less rage (in my case). I don't use bladestorm in the opener either, unless it really REALLY is a pure single target fight. Then Ill usually burn it after ms and op are on cd with no rage for slams (usually fairly early).
    Basically I dont feel like its so much rotation and priority. Hit ms when possible. hit op when possible unless ms is possible. hit slam if both on cd and have 30+ rage. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Such as? I've found that none of the Azerite traits vary from one another by more than 2-3% max.
    Such as seismic wave? Get 3 of thoes and it'll make up a silly amount of your overall damage. More so in AOE situations of course.

Generally, I'll Avatar-Colossus Smash > MS > Bladestorm > MS then fill with OP and dump in slam/WW

Arms actually has genuinely good to OP traits that changes rotation a bit

3 ranks of seismic wave is op, I'd give OP top priority to use for maximum resets

With Test of might trait you should bladestorm after CS fades, start CS on high rage and skullsplitter ready and dump hard

Don't use MS in execute phase without EP (which is a trash trait) or dreadnaught.

Deleted
    Thanks alot everyone! Seismic wave was nerfed quite a bit - we saw that coming Guess Ill still try to play around with that and then Test of Might

10+ Year Old Account
    Icy Veins is the right guide to follow as arms. Read the rotation there and read it literally. Read the "If X then do Y."s - it's written by one of the best warrior theorycrafters in the world.

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/arms-w...owns-abilities

As you can see Overpower has priority over Bladestorm single target if you have 3 of the traits (which are not yet nerfed - probably on Wednesday)

A typical opener will be

Charge
    Skullsplitter
    Warbreaker
    OP
    MS
    OP if procced again
    Bladestorm
    MS
    Last edited by Revelations; 2018-08-27 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Revelations View Post
    Icy Veins is the right guide to follow as arms. Read the rotation there and read it literally. Read the "If X then do Y."s - it's written by one of the best warrior theorycrafters in the world.

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/arms-w...owns-abilities

As you can see Overpower has priority over Bladestorm single target if you have 3 of the traits (which are not yet nerfed - probably on Wednesday)

A typical opener will be

Charge
    Skullsplitter
    Warbreaker
    OP
    MS
    OP if procced again
    Bladestorm
    MS
    ^This, it surprises me so far that no one uses OP in their starting rotation? Wtf.. it buffs MS, why wouldn't you use it on CD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Trait nerfed into the ground before daily reset. Even tooltips changed. Time to stack Lord of War or Might. I prefer Lord of War, but the only shoulder drops in King's Rest so I'm stuck with seismic slam on shoulders. Having at least 1 is probably still preferable anyway.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

You dont BS inside of CS because you should be using ToM

Quote Originally Posted by Reydan View Post
    ^This, it surprises me so far that no one uses OP in their starting rotation? Wtf.. it buffs MS, why wouldn't you use it on CD.
    After you have deep wounds up you hit OP on CD. Buffing your first MS with OP delays the first application of deep wounds. Therefore you're always going to hit MS or BS before you OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blindcloud View Post
    After you have deep wounds up you hit OP on CD. Buffing your first MS with OP delays the first application of deep wounds. Therefore you're always going to hit MS or BS before you OP.
    It was fine pre-Seismic nerf because OP with x3 trait did more damage than MS + one tick of deep wounds (depending on secondary stats). Now its not unless by some unfortunate twist of fate you're like the people struggling to get past 310 ilvl weapon and rocking x3 340+ Seismic trait the base damage from the trait miraculously outweighing MS + 1 tick of deep wounds.

Blizzard normalized weapon speeds, but some weapons have super shitty minimum damage and even 340 versions of that weapon are put to shame by 325 2H mace. I much prefer high minimum damage / low high over low minimum + high maximum randomness.

The only upside to being a STR class right now is that the crafted 120 weapon is a 2H mace, meaning it will have high minimum damage.

ilvl 310 Honorable Combatant's Deckpounder (2h mace) has 387-498 damage.
    ilvl 340 Corruption Born Headlopper (2h axe) has 380-790 damage.

What was the point of normalizing weapon speeds if they don't normalize weapon damage? Artifact Weapons were all treated the same, but non-artifact weapons are now fubar and maces are the only safe choice.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.