Thread: Blood DK ftw?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Blood DK ftw?

It may be just me but blood dk feels freaking amazing. I’ve done nothing but dungeons so far to level and it just feels amazing to play. How is it at max level in mythics?
    Last edited by Thumpa; 2018-08-27 at 01:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumpa View Post
    How is it at max level in mythics?
    It's.. good. Nothing to nerf, nothing to buff imo.

Feels good in dungeons. With the amount of casters/buffs, being able to interrupt them with grips/stuns in addition to mind freeze is great. Helps that I'm a blood elf that can ae dispel shields after everything is grouped up from gorefiend's grasp. I haven't had any issues tanking any of the mythic dungeons.

Feels very, very good. We started out Legion in a dismal state, but thankfully our start in BFA has been much stronger. Are we OP? No. but we bring excellent damage, self-sustain, and decent defensive toolbox, and unrivaled control to the table. Blood DKs are in a very good spot.

As someone new to Blood DK's and tanking in general, I am having an absolute blast. I leveled really quickly to 120 because I could just pulled 8-10 mobs with no worries and kill them pretty quickly.

Love the rotations, cooldowns, sustain, etc. No complaints from healers yet, but I just got done with heroics. Our kit just feels so satisfying.

Heavily reliant on haste but once you get a decent amount of haste it picks up. Still not healing nearly close to what I was in Legion but that's expected considering how much we lost. Definitely more spikey compared to my other tanks which is worrisome going into mythic+ though.

On a side note, what weapon enchant is everyone using? I keep reading/seeing guides that still recommend Fallen Crusader but what about the haste proc from Enchanting? Why not go after the haste proc enchant? Wouldn't a massive amount of haste it procs be more beneficial?

I really like my Blood DK - its still great when your whole group dies and you are the last one and defeats the boss. Cant see any other class do that without panic, Pally/DH come close. Just wish blood shield would have more of a shield and DS take less runic power.

Quote Originally Posted by kran1um View Post
    I really like my Blood DK - its still great when your whole group dies and you are the last one and defeats the boss. Cant see any other class do that without panic, Pally/DH come close. Just wish blood shield would have more of a shield and DS take less runic power.
    I remember the days of Death Strikes shield absorbing a hellllll of a lot more than it does now . Now, it's just some useless ass shit. Probably the weakest mastery of all the tanks, at least I feel it is after playing all the tanks. Miss those days.

Deleted
    I also noticed (havent played DK since WOD), that the absorb shield from DS is abysmal. Actually most DK selfhealing abilites are rather weak tbh, except bonestorm with 3+ mobs.
    But I guess the mastery of a DK shines more in m+ or in a raid when you take more damage. Taking bigger hits leads to bigger self heals with DS --> bigger absorb shields as well. Also better gear will yield more mastery --> bigger shields. I think later on in the expansion with more haste and mastery we will be sick with selfhealing again.

Does anyone know if blooddrinker scales with your HP or attackpower or what? Mine heals for around 17k or something, which is not that much when you have 200k+ life.

Anyone else having an issue with snap agro on mob packs?

Granted I only have a 325 weapon cause my luck sucks, but it seems mages and warlocks grab the agro if they attack seconds after I BB or DnD.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post

Granted I only have a 325 weapon cause my luck sucks, but it seems mages and warlocks grab the agro if they attack seconds after I BB or DnD.
    This is on them. DPS has to learn that threat has changed. Going ham on AoE packs the second they are pulled will cause threat problems.

Dps is still living in a worth of unlimited threat. If they go ham they will pull. Just taunt it.
    If they do it to multiple mobs let them die until they learn their lesson.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

15+ Year Old Account

No I face everything away from the group and if anything isn't looking at me I just taunt it. If the situation calls I'll toggle Threat Plates on which allows me to click on enemies via their plate, removing any tabbing or overlapping BS.

The issue Im currently having with my DK at 338 ilvl is my overall dps and threat. With a 355 weapon and my ivll being 338, my dps feels very low when I compare them to my 337 Brew Monk and 335 Prot Pally. Any other Blood dk's feel our dmg is fairly low? After comparing my Blood DK to my other tanks, my dps is certainly lower than others and that's a little concerning because our dmg affects our threat and it feels like something Im lacking

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Numbers are largely useless right now because it depends on how much you can pull, and that depends on group composition as well.

I 'feel' like blood ST is pretty decent and our AoE is retarded when we have bonestorm up (so every second pull).

That said I have threat problems from time to time, but it's only a result of people literally opening with giant burst the second I pull a pack. It's not really your fault if you're merging two packs together, using a GCD to grip a ranged/caster mob and the warrior in your group decides to immediately start using bladestorm as his second GCD.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of melee DPS actually go tailoring for the -15% threat embroidery on cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Numbers are largely useless right now because it depends on how much you can pull, and that depends on group composition as well.

I 'feel' like blood ST is pretty decent and our AoE is retarded when we have bonestorm up (so every second pull).

That said I have threat problems from time to time, but it's only a result of people literally opening with giant burst the second I pull a pack. It's not really your fault if you're merging two packs together, using a GCD to grip a ranged/caster mob and the warrior in your group decides to immediately start using bladestorm as his second GCD.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of melee DPS actually go tailoring for the -15% threat embroidery on cloak.
    My results with dps are much different. I "feel" my ST in Blood is actually very low and my AoE is low as well. I'm just going off based on my experiences tanking mythics with all 3 of my tanks - Prot Pally, Brew Monk and Blood DK. I've been saying in the back of my head that I think Blood will be getting some sort of buff to damage or the other tanks will get some sort of nerf. I love my Blood DK but feel his dmg is lacking after getting all my tanks into mythics.

I have had the odd aggro issue, usually with people not hitting the marked target and just going Ham on the pack in general. I usually just taunt the stray mobs back. I am though asking any hunters or rogues to miss direct to me and go ham, this seems to help.

I do enjoy blood this expansion so far, I was a little squishy earlier but so far after getting some gear it is working better. Main issue was just learning new bosses (didnt bother reading the boss abilities until I got into the dungeon this expansion :P).

I don't know. My ST usually caps at 5-6k dps on Patchwerk-Style bosses. Aoe with bonestorm is quite good. Overall I usually have 7-8k dps. Depending on the dungeon of course. As I play tank dk alot i really don't know if it's much or not because i can not compare.

Death Strike could heal a bit more though. Sometimes it feels a bit weak. But i played a lot in Legion so maybe i have to get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormstrîke View Post
    I also noticed (havent played DK since WOD), that the absorb shield from DS is abysmal. Actually most DK selfhealing abilites are rather weak tbh, except bonestorm with 3+ mobs.
    But I guess the mastery of a DK shines more in m+ or in a raid when you take more damage. Taking bigger hits leads to bigger self heals with DS --> bigger absorb shields as well. Also better gear will yield more mastery --> bigger shields. I think later on in the expansion with more haste and mastery we will be sick with selfhealing again.

Does anyone know if blooddrinker scales with your HP or attackpower or what? Mine heals for around 17k or something, which is not that much when you have 200k+ life.
    mastery has been very weak since Legion,though it is currently much better than it was in Legion where a death strike would give you a shield that could take about 1/25th of one auto attack swing.All in all,the current scaling for it just doesn't make it worthwhile

Blooddrinker scales with attack power,and is currently pretty weak defensively,it is also below rune strike on damage if you're good with it(but better than rune strike if you're not too good with your runes yet)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post
    The issue Im currently having with my DK at 338 ilvl is my overall dps and threat. With a 355 weapon and my ivll being 338, my dps feels very low when I compare them to my 337 Brew Monk and 335 Prot Pally. Any other Blood dk's feel our dmg is fairly low? After comparing my Blood DK to my other tanks, my dps is certainly lower than others and that's a little concerning because our dmg affects our threat and it feels like something Im lacking
    the issue we have with aoe threat is that our blood boil has a cooldown,and isn't really damaging
    Compared to keg smash spam+breath of fire,or hammer of the righteous and avenger shield,it's pretty weak
    We also don't have increased threat abilities outside of taunts,so we'll lose in aoe threat against other tanks 9 times out of 10.We're pretty good at single target threat though

Also blood plague is nothing more than a flavour ability atm,its damage and healing is laughable,which means you don't have an actual constant aoe threat generation outside of DnD,which is still pretty low

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    This is on them. DPS has to learn that threat has changed. Going ham on AoE packs the second they are pulled will cause threat problems.
    it is not bad for Arms Warriors to pull aggro when they have their parry personal ready. In fact it reduces the damage in take as the Warrior is simply tanking for a couple seconds until the tank grabs aggro back.