Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Don't you love " I'm leveling a Warlock next so I'm interested to see the difference it makes as a clothie. I'll probably share my thoughts on that experience too but from my guildies they didn't even notice the scaling hardly at all even as a caster."
    I'm leveling the tankiest of all casters but I'm really interested to see the difference it makes! Facepalm.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It's not that they made the same mistake.

It's that they didn't listen to Beta feedback yet again and now we have to wait until 8.1 for any major overhauls.

Just for once they need to stop using Beta as a platform for self promotion and actually use it for proper testing.
    But on the flip side, stuff would never come out if they waited until everything completely perfect before release

Deleted
    Hundrets of stack of one cloth, ore, herb is so fucking cancer! I hate tahat shit so much. I would limit AH slots by 50 and thats it. 50 is plenty for any normal player.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightelf View Post
    But on the flip side, stuff would never come out if they waited until everything completely perfect before release
    That's not a good excuse. They were getting mass reports of it during early Alpha/Beta. They had plenty of time to sort it and ignored it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    That's not a good excuse. They were getting mass reports of it during early Alpha/Beta. They had plenty of time to sort it and ignored it.
    But there isn't an issue with the scaling. No one was crying about it this much in legion until BFA was released. The scaling system hasn't changed since 7.3.5. This was stated directly by Ionh. in the last Q&A podcast.

I'm item level 343 and I was able to solo Raal on my Blood DK on Heroic without any assistance. I can pull 12 mobs and solo them easily in blood with until 1 minutes fight duration.

In unholy, I can't solo a boss due to the armor not being where it needs to be for soloable damage mitigation, but I can pull 12-15 mobs and kill them quick enough to survive.

The system is fine from my experience too.
    Last edited by bohica89; 2018-08-28 at 01:04 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I wish that would stop stacks of 1 being sold. But most people don't even know that there is a fee, so should remain relatively unchanged.

Should maybe just block people from selling stacks of 1 of popular trade goods, unless only 1 of said item is detected in the player's inventory. If someone wants to keep one for themselves and sell the other, then they could put any into bank they don't want to sell. Those who still want to sell stacks of 1 could just run back and forth, from bank to auction house.

I can see why they'd want to kill the one stacks in terms of them slowing down the auction house.
    From a players perspective I'd like it even better if they overhauled the AH to lump all items of a price into one and allow players to buy any number of them from the mega stack. First in, first sold. How many look at the seller name and would those few loosing out on that ability have any real negative effect?
    Sure your stack of 200 ore might get sold in stacks of 10, 50, 120 and 30 but would that really bother anyone? A few more mails or one delayed one for when all sold/expired.

It also gives players an easier time starting out with AH playing as they can see what the current supply is and choose to undercut, price match or price above as it will likely sell later on.

The AH trolls don't only post the walls of 1 to push competition behind them farther back and get sales from the lazy but they also do it sometimes to set a new low price point to catch the lazy sellers as well. The sellers then post below this new price point wall they created, and they buy up the cheap mats to sell for more in convenient stacks.

People still use the default AH interface?

Quote Originally Posted by uNcl View Post
    Hundrets of stack of one cloth, ore, herb is so fucking cancer! I hate tahat shit so much. I would limit AH slots by 50 and thats it. 50 is plenty for any normal player.
    Good luck buying Anchor Weed in stacks of 200 only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Sounds like a few of you need to become familiar with Auctionator.
    Shouldn't need an addon to ignore single stacks.

I don't get the issue with listing small amounts, just Use an Add-on like the rest of the world to list and buy your stuff, I don't think I have scrolled through pages of stuff on the AH since like Wrath.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    I would love to see permanent bans.

This type of exploit is used be weaker or less capable players in an attempt to try and portray themselves at a skill level above what they can actually achieve normally. It's a little sad when you think about it, but a strong message still needs to be sent. Show 'em the door imo.
    Someone getting to exalted early and getting an allied race a few days before other people is not game breaking.

FFS, asking for a permaban or a multi-month ban because some people found a way to get rep faster is absurd. Personally, as someone that only has 3 reps at revered and the others at honored, I don't think there should be a ban at all.

Just knock their reps down to 0/21000 Revered or if they want to be harsh knock them to 0/6000 Friendly and farm the rep from scratch. Banning someone who loves WoW and plays it a ton for finding a way to farm rep faster is really dumb.

Bans should be reserved for people who are being malicious or are affecting the game for other people. Banning people trolling the Auction House makes more sense than banning someone for farming rep faster than they should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pregnant Orc View Post
    How many look at the seller name?
    I glance at it for one reason: I never buy from obvious bank toons unless I am in dire need of something and a bank toon is my only option.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I don't get the issue with listing small amounts, just Use an Add-on like the rest of the world to list and buy your stuff, I don't think I have scrolled through pages of stuff on the AH since like Wrath.
    Many folks don't care to play with 78436573657 addons to micromanage every aspect of gameplay.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkynhalvos View Post
    Shouldn't need an addon to ignore single stacks.
    The generic "shouldn't need an addon to <insert random WoW activity>" comment. Get rid of all addons, make WoW pure!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    In the past I never had a problem with it. But, based on the comments a couple other people made, I logged onto a FULL server, Illidan, and did a search for cloth using Auctionator. 46 pages took ~12 minutes to load. 12 minutes! That's pretty insane.

Explain how casters have it worse than melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffer View Post
    Someone getting to exalted early and getting an allied race a few days before other people is not game breaking.

FFS, asking for a permaban or a multi-month ban because some people found a way to get rep faster is absurd. Personally, as someone that only has 3 reps at revered and the others at honored, I don't think there should be a ban at all.

Just knock their reps down to 0/21000 Revered or if they want to be harsh knock them to 0/6000 Friendly and farm the rep from scratch. Banning someone who loves WoW and plays it a ton for finding a way to farm rep faster is really dumb.

Bans should be reserved for people who are being malicious or are affecting the game for other people. Banning people trolling the Auction House makes more sense than banning someone for farming rep faster than they should be.

I guess you didn't read the blue post, it impacted all WQs, including ones rewarding gold, items, and gear.. i.e. duplicating

Quote Originally Posted by bohica89 View Post
    But there isn't an issue with the scaling. No one was crying about it this much in legion until BFA was released. The scaling system hasn't changed since 7.3.5. This was stated directly by Ionh. in the last Q&A podcast.

I'm item level 343 and I was able to solo Raal on my Blood DK on Heroic without any assistance. I can pull 12 mobs and solo them easily in blood with until 1 minutes fight duration.

In unholy, I can't solo a boss due to the armor not being where it needs to be for soloable damage mitigation, but I can pull 12-15 mobs and kill them quick enough to survive.

The system is fine from my experience too.
    This is a joke right? Blood isn't comparable to any other classes, especially solo.

It's not the players who post their items at stack sizes of 1. It's the stupid tech used by blizzard.

If i search for something in google it takes 0.002 ms for the server to give me 50 billion results.

If i search for something on the ah it takes 20 minutes and give me 1500 results.

Seriously Blizzard just need to fix their stupid code.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Yes. I remember from beta, people moaning leveling is too easy and they should make everything harder. How people want to feel like the world is 'dangerous' and need to group up etc.
    You'll get complaints either way, though I think most people actually like things being easier. That's why automated grouping tools are so popular - quests are a means to an end, not a lot of people like slogging through killing 250k life mobs (that scale) to suck some 15% progress for your WQ.
    People like things easier but then they like to complain things are to easy and wow is casual now.