Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    That is a possibility. Unless he was trying for the heritage armor. A race change to 105 also makes little sense. Just doesn't seem logical to me to race change a low level alt, rather then a max one.
    Well, it depends on what character they want as their dark iron doesn't it?
    For example, I've got a 120 night elf brewmaster that I'm very happy with race wise, but at the same time I'm race changing my shaman that's currently 113 to dark iron as soon as I finish the quests necessary when I get home tonight, simply because I want a dark iron shaman and not a dark iron monk (assuming they can be monks anyway, didn't check :P)
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Fine by me, sadly they didn't roll back the stuff of people that exploited win trading in dark shore..

Does anyone know if Quin (From Twitch) also got banned ? haven't seen him stream for a while + he got the dark iron dwarf suspiciosly fast

Quote Originally Posted by Kilek View Post
    Does anyone know if Quin (From Twitch) also got banned ? haven't seen him stream for a while + he got the dark iron dwarf suspiciosly fast
    Currently streaming, so I assume no.

I mean, he has literally streamed long hours daily farming rep for the world to see. Showing his progress each day (by streaming). He was inline with most of the others who went hardcore, they all unlocked dark iron on the same day. Like 3 or 4 days ago.

I just seem to be missing the part 'where' the rep is coming from... Is it just island expeditions and rng? If I am doing every single world quest, and rinding around zones looking for potential side quests i missed... why am I only just getting 50% through revered :S

Meh. I would have preferred something better. Like them going completely as negative in rep for the faction for the allied races as possible. Then being temp banned for a few months. Would have been sweet to have them come back and watch them complain about being negative.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't think there was anyway for a legit player to actually do the exploit in normal gameplay. From what everyone is saying, you had to actively try to do it
    Surely the first person to discover this did it on accident, and thus was innocent.

Doing it the second time also constitutes as innocence, since replicating an error for the sake of reporting it is acceptable.

The third time: You're guilty and must hang.

Lol this made my night.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Its pretty crazy too, because I saw people who were helping spread the word about this exploit fully expect to be banned and not even upset about it.
    It makes me wonder what that person actually does in the game if they don't mind losing their account.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    They don't need to be exalted to have purchased gear that others exploited and put on the ah. They also wouldn't be banned for that either. No one was banned for buying duped tcg items or gems.

- - - Updated - - -

The first shaman for starters. You can look at the others if you need more. Most of their boe items come from WQs
    You don't get boes from WQ rewards. Boes are world drops.

IMO duping has always been a ban worthy offense for every mmo i've played. This was essentially WQ duping.

Don't dupe.

10+ Year Old Account
    He streamed the entire thing and got them a few days before this "exploit" was even posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Post Explosive View Post
    They can't ban people for an exploit that never actually existed:

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...626?blzcmp=app
    >random dude posting on forums says it was fake and doesn't exist
    >blizzard posts that they know about the exploit, are fixing it and plan to punish those that abused it

Random shitposter or blizzard. Really hard choice to make here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Fine by me, sadly they didn't roll back the stuff of people that exploited win trading in dark shore..
    While they didn't revert the rewards, yes, we all got rolled back to our original Honor levels.

I'm still just as far from Honor Level 500 as I was prior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man everytime an exploit is exposed, I never find out till the band start happening. Good position to be in.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    money is the only thing they care about.
    Money is the only thing the investors care about yes and they will move developers in directions to make more money slowly but if they actually just made sweeping changes like $60 loot pieces and mandated it to the dev team over night they would probably have bigger issues then the player base. Reminder, many of the devs are actually gamers and many even play the game themselves. So watch when you use the word they because developers and suits that only care about money are completely different things.

Most of the actual developers that aren't looking at their stock prices or profit margins actually do care about providing a fun and fair game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Money is the only thing the investors care about yes and they will move developers in directions to make more money slowly but if they actually just made sweeping changes like $60 loot pieces and mandated it to the dev team over night they would probably have bigger issues then the player base. Reminder, many of the devs are actually gamers and many even play the game themselves. So watch when you use the word they because developers and suits that only care about money are completely different things.

Most of the actual developers that aren't looking at their stock prices or profit margins actually do care about providing a fun and fair game.
    if you're complicit in the selling of your game dev's soul to these goddamned subhuman mongrels(this is the nicest way i can refer to investors), if you stay there and don't leave in protest, you're as bad as morheim and anyone else in charge.

if i could have some kind of power just for a day, oh the changes i would make.

Quote Originally Posted by Post Explosive View Post
    They can't ban people for an exploit that never actually existed:

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...626?blzcmp=app
    Yeah and World War 2 never happened too, since I said it.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    can't have people skip your shitty timegate that shouldn't even be considered content in the first place, that might affect the MAU's! can't upset the investor overlords with bad MAU's.

this many people wouldn't want to exploit if you didn't put out a pile of shit that's actually worse than WoD.

but this is why i never do this kind of shit, got too many years to throw it all away on shit i know that at the very least will get rolled back.
    No these people would rush through it all no life style in a week and then cry about nothing to do. Majority of wow players go through content so fast it's physically impossible to keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    While they didn't revert the rewards, yes, we all got rolled back to our original Honor levels.

I'm still just as far from Honor Level 500 as I was prior.
    Oh they did? Ah glad to hear.. well at least you need to grind for the newer ones, that they let you keep rewards though..
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2018-08-29 at 06:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    people who exploit should be banned. this is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.