Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Why is Dazed still a thing?

In the past it made sense because a level 20 running through level 40 mobs should proly get you dismounted. However, with the new scaling I dont see why this still exists. Nothing pisses me off than heading back to turn in some quests than getting dismounted by some random mob my own level that was over a hill. Or you decide to just keep running instead of fighting said mob and it dazes you another time or two. Like I said it made sense when mobs didnt scale to your level but now its just annoying and doesnt serve a purpose besides pissing you off.

Deleted
    because blizzard LOVES fucking their players over.

they removed so many useful and great features, but they keep all the trash ones (dazed, mission tables etc) around just to piss off their playerbase.

this is the most anoying thing in the game and it's worst now, back in old time mobs don't scale so you can have easy farming.

daze just disgust me one fucking hit and instant daze every single mob. bieng daze my a huge amout of mob of a bit elit okay but PLEASE a cursed rabbit in drustvar i just want to throw my keebord away when that happen.

Its a time waster. Its right in line with their logic re. removing flight. You should have to fight those mobs, not skip past em.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    because blizzard LOVES fucking their players over.

they removed so many useful and great features, but they keep all the trash ones (dazed, mission tables etc) around just to piss off their playerbase.
    why mission table ? this is an addition you can totally avoid if you want a feture dazing is just nothing but a pain in this ass

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting dazed prolongs the time it takes you to reach your destination. Most of the time it's a minor delay, but very frustrating, and a delay nonetheless. A delay here, another one there, it adds up to a lot of time wasted in the end. It's in their best interests to slow you down as much as possible, even if it's 10 seconds at a time.

I hate how cynical I have become over this kind of thing, but the amount of crap that exists for no reason other than to slow us down as much as possible made it impossible for me to rationalize it any other way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

I also hate being dismounted. I got leatherworking just so I can make Coarse Leather Barding.

10+ Year Old Account
    because

a) Blizzard think it's funny or cool.

b) Blizzard cant be arsed to have a person remove it.

c) Because you will have to get down, go slower, maybe fight, maybe even die.
    And that's more time-spent doing this chore, which by Blizzard's logic is more "content".

d) All or some of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    I hate how cynical I have become over this kind of thing, but the amount of crap that exists for no reason other than to slow us down as much as possible made it impossible for me to rationalize it any other way.

not cynical you are correct. When something was much higher level and you were running around, getting dazed made sense. Now it doesnt. It only exists to troll people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Happens to my hunter a lot. I'm used to it, but I agree fully that it is annoying AF.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah.. It's frustrating as this point. Sometimes I even save my Invisibility on my mage just so I can use it in case I get dazed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    To make you do things slower so you stay subbed longer.

What they don’t realise is that they’re just making things more tedious and causing people to burn out faster.

Deleted
    I always completely forget dazed is a thing till I play a non tank spec. It also doesn't seem to be documented that this is a thing but tanks have had immunity to it for a long time.

Definitely think it should be removed though as it's not a fun or rewarding mechanic.

It's the most outdated mechanic currently still in the game, and even they recognize it enough to make leatherworking items that get rid of daze.

what I love most is when im trying to gather mobs together for aoe and they reset after 4 secs of kiting but when I try to run from mobs that dazed me they chase me for 5 minutes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    In the past it made sense because a level 20 running through level 40 mobs should proly get you dismounted. However, with the new scaling I dont see why this still exists. Nothing pisses me off than heading back to turn in some quests than getting dismounted by some random mob my own level that was over a hill. Or you decide to just keep running instead of fighting said mob and it dazes you another time or two. Like I said it made sense when mobs didnt scale to your level but now its just annoying and doesnt serve a purpose besides pissing you off.
    Why don't you also ask:

1)Why is slowed still a thing?
    2)Why is rooted still a thing?
    3)Why is not being able to mount while in combat a thing?

To answer those questions - it's been ingame for 14 years and it will hopefully never change.

It's an RPG mechanic that's meant to be annoying. Deal with it.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Think of "dazed" as time gating

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Why don't you also ask:

1)Why is slowed still a thing?
    2)Why is rooted still a thing?
    3)Why is not being able to mount while in combat a thing?

To answer those questions - it's been ingame for 14 years and it will hopefully never change.
    that' is totally different and you cant compare it. mobs hability like root are ok cant mount while in combat is for prevent some abuse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    not cynical you are correct. When something was much higher level and you were running around, getting dazed made sense. Now it doesnt. It only exists to troll people.
    Not really, daze as a mechanic exists since beta, it was created over a decade ago by devs that most likely don't even work for Blizzard anymore for an almost completely different game. So for starters let's not pretend we know their thought process for a game few people here even played.

Design changed a lot in 15 years, if they really want to slow down your progress they have many other and better tools to do it, we have some unprecedented time-gating in game right now but you think daze is the culprit that keeps people subscribed?

Furthermore why would you balance the pacing of your game on a mechanic for which some classes are already immune to and everyone has access to an item to negate it?

So why is daze still in the game? i have no clue but i also don't trust anyone who pretends they know either. Maybe one day this question will appear on a dev Q&A and we'll get to see Watcher try to rationalize it.